watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Commentary duo's...merged

Started by bog, June 13, 2014, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Seems Murphy's coverage was like marmite (like every commentator generally) The twiitersphere is full of high praise and vulgar insults. I liked him for for his honesty but he did go on a bit at times.

EJL

Get some journalists in there. Sam Wallace was a refreshing change on MOTD a few months ago

love4ffc

Quote from: Berserker on June 18, 2014, 05:23:01 PM
Ah Rupert getting wed, now that's romantic. I had a cheap very small do-it yourself affair,  and then borrowed a family friends cottage in Crianlarich for the 'moon'. Mind you that was 22 years ago

Now a days I find that amazing that a couple has been married for more than 20 years.  Seems everyone in the States finds it too easy to get divorced.   Mind you I've been married for 18 years cross my fingers for luck. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

This has probably been covered but in the States ESPN is covering the WC.  Ian Darke  is the main Commentator and I really like him.  I also love Roberto Martinez.  As I think I read on here before he is very positive and has a great perspective of the game.  Really wish he was our manager. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Anyone see Martin O'Neill putting that nob Patrick Viera, in his place  ???

EJL

Quote from: KCat on June 20, 2014, 10:11:03 PM
Anyone see Martin O'Neill putting that nob Patrick Viera, in his place  ???

What did he say?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

http://www.thescore.ie/martin-oneill-cannavaro-vieira-itv-1529800-Jun2014/
the video is here ....

Martin O'Neill burned Fabio Cannavaro and Patrick Vieira on ITV tonight

"I've won two European Cups. I'd just like to know, how many have you lads won?"

1 hour ago 14,730 Views  19 Comments  Share  Tweet  Email17
Martin O'Neill points out his two European Cup wins. Martin O'Neill points out his two European Cup wins.
Image: KorEire
MARTIN O'NEILL WAS in fine fettle on the ITV panel for this evening's France versus Switzerland World Cup Group E clash.
The Republic of Ireland manager joked with presenter Adrian Chiles that Fabio Cannavaro, the former Italy captain, doubted his playing credentials. O'Neill told Cannavaro and Patrick Vieira not to underestimate him because he was at an advanced age and wearing glasses.
O'Neill remarked, "Despite the fact that there are two World Cup winners [here], actually when it comes to the Champions League, which used to be the European Cup, I've won two of them. I'd just like to know, how many have you lads won?"
Neither answered. Indeed, despite 25 club honours between them, neither Cannavaro or Vieira ever won a Champions League.

God The Mechanic

I'm sure they'll struggle to console themselves with their World Cups, European Championships and numerous league and domestic cup medals...

HatterDon

Quote from: love4ffc on June 20, 2014, 03:04:50 AM
This has probably been covered but in the States ESPN is covering the WC.  Ian Darke  is the main Commentator and I really like him.  I also love Roberto Martinez.  As I think I read on here before he is very positive and has a great perspective of the game.  Really wish he was our manager. 

Oh my goodness, Ian Darke is awful. He will NOT shut up and he spews drivel. I cringe when I hear his voice. The best analyst is Efan Ekoku. He had more to do 4 years ago, but he still provides solid insights into what's actually going on.

Roberto Martinez is one of the best ever in the studio, as he was four years ago. Great insights.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

I a big Gorden Strachan fan. I've recorded last night'd match so that I can listen to him doing his punditary
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Slaphead in Qatar

We have graeme souness on here in qatar. He has been annoying me all week. Highly critical and too assertive in his manner. He was a great player but awful record as manager,  so not sure why he values his own opinion so highly.

Berserker

Ah Graham Souness used to live down the road from my in-laws in Edinburgh
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

God The Mechanic

Went to school with his son (briefly and he was a good few years ahead of me) but apparently he was an absolute arse to all the other parents, thought he was way better than they were.

alfie

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 21, 2014, 01:56:35 PM
Went to school with his son (briefly and he was a good few years ahead of me) but apparently he was an absolute arse to all the other parents, thought he was way better than they were.

When i was at Fulham i met him twice and he was nothing but a perfect gentleman, really nice chap to talk to.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

Iran just played magnificently against Argentina but it was only in the closing stages that Townsend gave them any credit. Mickjagger's free kicks and corners caused havoc and as they grew in confidence they were so close to scoring on three times plus a penalty could have gone their way. But that twit Townsend found it hard to give any credit. I think it is bye bye Dejagh now! What a header from he that nearly brought about one of the biggest shocks ever.  Games like that make me love the game so much.

092.gif

Sammyffc

It makes me feel sick the amount of credit messi gets . he is the best player in the world in my opinion but he played absolutely terrible today. He had one decent shot which went in. If it was ANY other play who did that shot it would be a ' good ' goal . But because its Messi its 100x better and a strike from the gods. Iran played magnificent. They  parked the bus but they are Iran, lets be serious , if i was manager of iran i would park everyone behind the ball against a team like argentina. People are slating iran for parking the bus acting like they have the same calibre of players as the likes of argentina , france , holland etc to not park the bus and play real football. They managed to contain one of the teams in the competition with the best players who play for world class clubs . So much respect for that

P.S Andy townsend is a ****

bog

Have to say they may have parked the bus but as the game went they grew in confidence and their breakaways carried a real threat. But we all knew that was coming......

092.gif 

RidgeRider

I'm absolutely sick to death of the smarmy Alexi Lalas. He is so unlikeable and so full of himself it's like fingernails to chalkboard.

Lighthouse

I honestly can't abide the previews and the half time talk and the after match twaddle. I have managed to entertain myself watching stuff I have on video( yes some of us still video stuff we cannot watch when the football is on) or on DVD. Enjoying the World Cup because I am not listening to anything outside the commentary.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

Generally I tend to avoid the pre-match pre-amble, mute the half time analysis and turn off the tv at the final whistle. I find it adds to the World Cup experience.

However on the few occasions that I have stumbled across the pundits I have found Clarence Seedorf far and away the best.  Last night he made one tactical observation that went totally over Hansen's head.  No surprise there then.