watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Commentary duo's...merged

Started by bog, June 13, 2014, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...agreed, I just turn over when he is on, bumbling his way through the programme, repeating words three or four times before he can complete a sentence, he is most annoying. Surely they can find a professional presenter to replace him with, or an apprentice...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

alfie

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 15, 2014, 04:58:28 PM
...agreed, I just turn over when he is on, bumbling his way through the programme, repeating words three or four times before he can complete a sentence, he is most annoying. Surely they can find a professional presenter to replace him with, or an apprentice...

He has a speech impediment, so you criticise that?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LBNo11

Quote from: alfie on June 15, 2014, 05:19:29 PM

...so why hire a presenter with a speech impediment, it's like hiring a bus driver with no arms. Anyway, nice talking opinions...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

just_another_day

really? he just said, ecuador should be second favourites to qualify after what weve seen of them, thats fine, then he goes on to say, weve seen jackson martinez in the europa league and what hes capable of and cant get into the team, shows how strong they are...hmmm jackson martinez plays for columbia.

Syd Cupp

Couldn't Agree more with Cravenawin, at the moment i'm only putting the games on about a minute before kick off.
If Andy Townsend is doing commentary i just turn the volume off.
Last Nights England match i watched it on the BBC Red Button as can't abide Henry or Shearer doing their punditry.
What I can't understand is why the world cup pundits either ex foriegn players where its a struggle for them to string a coherrant sentence  together or ex players that are so mind numbingly boring.

Rant Over !!

Jem

At first my heart would sink when Chiles was on TV, now I just turn on when the match actually starts and turn over for half time and as soon as the match finishes. The man is a fool and I can't abide to watch him.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

YankeeJim

Just another South American, Guess they all look alike to the fool.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Holders

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 15, 2014, 05:23:12 PM
Quote from: alfie on June 15, 2014, 05:19:29 PM

...so why hire a presenter with a speech impediment, it's like hiring a bus driver with no arms. Anyway, nice talking opinions...

He's from Birmingham, he can't help it, it's Irritable Vowel Syndrome.

I quite like him, actually, I find him the antidote to professional presenters (not sure if he'd take that as a compliment). Better than smarmy Lineker anyway.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If it was a choice between Chiles and Savage and I had to make the choice Savage would be flushed using both buttons !!!

jms

Interesting that Gabby Logan is miles ahead of the guys mentioned in this thread and she's given the job of chatting on the side-lines. She and Danny Murphy were the only people worth listening to yesterday.

Jims Dentist

Berserker

When I was driving back from Scotland yesterday I was listening to 'Off the ball' on BBC radio Scotland. It was really funny and they had a bit about the most irritating Pundit. I actually miss Roy Keane and Alan Hansen, plus I liked Jurgen Klinsman previously but thats probably for eye csndy reasons.
I didn't know Andrian Childs was half Croation btw.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Neil D

BBC have Jonathan Pearce.  He's having a diabolical, histrionic commentary tonight for France v Honduras.  Keown keeps having to correct his errors.

Peabody

Surprised no one has mentioned how dull Phil Neville sounded last night

Forever Fulham

Roberto Martinez must be the most positive-thinking person I've come across in a long time.  His insights are right on, too.  But I really don't like Alexi Lalas.  He strikes me as a smug has-to-be-right person.  Conversations don't flow when he's on a panel.  He interrupts the others, never seems to listen to other opinions.  Whatever happened to Ruud Guulit (sp?).  He was a pretty good commentator.

RidgeRider

Agree with you on Lalas. Seems he is always trying to prove something...namely he is right about everything...very tedious

aaronmcguigan

hardly anyone has mentioned Phil Neville! That guy is terrible and obviously the talents lie with his brother on the tactical insight.
A massive match and he ruins it by sounding so monotonous I fell asleep

Fulham1959

For you oldies out there, Joe Mercer was one of the funniest.

1966 gave birth to the studio panels -  Joe Mercer used to rave about 'You-see-ay-bo' (Eusebio).

grandad

For a long time  I now only watch the actual matches. The so called experts are no better than you or I in describing key moments of a match. Who do they think actually listens to them? Waste of time & money.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Slaphead in Qatar

Over here in the middle east we have andy gray and richard keys. Consider yourselves lucky.