watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another one gone - Fulham star unhappy after relegation

Started by Admin, June 16, 2014, 04:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

he Iran international was one of few men to impress for Felix Magath's side last season and was named fans' player of the year.

But the 27-year-old admits he will weigh up his future after the World Cup, saying he does not want to play in the second tier.

"I am happy to play for Fulham but not happy to play in the Championship next season," he said.

"It is not really nice, we were relegated. I still have a contract there for one year.

"Obviously it is a great privilege to play in the Premier League. I did my absolute best this season.

"At the beginning of the season I didn't get the chance to play much but when Magath arrived I got the chance to prove myself and I think I did very good after he joined.

"I will keep trying my best to make sure I can perform well in the Premier League.

"We will see (what happens). The World Cup is the most important thing."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/fulham-star-unhappy-after-relegation-14061696616#rwcJqEF61qliur3G.99

jmh

Don't we want all our players not to be happy playing in the Championship?  I'm not sure how this is newsworthy.

PeterFFC

Damn. I'd be gutted if he left, but he is far to good for championship

Humbled

I cant help but laugh at -
"I am happy to play for Fulham but not happy to play in the Championship next season," he said.

SimpleTactics

Cant blame him if he goes even though he would tear the championship up. But he does seem to have injury concerns and we would get a couple million for him.

Berserker

I am surprised so many are leaving.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

I'm assuming stek, mitroglu and dejagah will leave. Possibly richardson too, most likely riether. Kaca has been linked with a move, kasami's in greece and will sign soon i would imagine, We would like parker out, hugo tweeted suggesting a decision was made? That leaves amorbieta....

Should we have a poll on how many first team players will still be here next year. Stockdale's the only one im certain of but i would guess stocko, amorbieta, richardson and parker will be the only 4.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

HatterDon

Felix will field a better XI on opening day than he did to finish last season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

These players that do not want to play in the championship just maybe should have thought about that when they had a chance to stop the drop.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

If this is true...

I can't understand how players like him and Mitro can say that the "The World Cup is the most important thing"
1/.  Neither country has a pig in hells chance of winning it or probably won't even get beyond their respective group
2/. Mitro didn't even get selected for their first game.
3/. How do they have the audacity (again, if it's true) to brush aside their EMPLOYERS until after the World Cup.
The World Cup is 2/3 weeks every 4 years.
The clubs pay the other 204 weeks wages + fantastic 'healthcare'  Heap 'Um Plenty wages .....etc.......etc..
4/. It seems they're both hoping for a good competition to put them in the spotlight while WE are paying their 'holiday pay'
5/. I'd say "kick them into touch" if the Championship is not good enough for (hopefully) one/two seasons.  Loyalty to a club ......Really,    I'ts mostly only the fans who have loyalty and yet strangely we have to pay whereby the 'unloyal ones' get paiid to be 'unloyal'
6/. As Alfie said "They should have thought about that when they had a chance to stop the drop.

Of course we don't know the whole story but if long monologues suppossedly written or spoken by individuals are published, there quite often is smoke although it's strange that Dejagah has for a while implied he would stay and fight.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

mullers

Roger, I agree. But if Felix held the post season training sessions to see who really wants to be at Fulham [particularly when some are focused on the World Cup] then we might be better off without a few when it kicks off in August. Hopefully!

Talent isn't worth much without committment and heart.

cmg

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 16, 2014, 07:08:11 PM
If this is true...

I can't understand how players like him and Mitro can say that the "The World Cup is the most important thing"

I'd say it's because these remarks, presumably translations, are for consumption in their respective counties.
They are unlikely to say, "I don't give a damn about the World Cup, in which we don't have a prayer anyway. I'm just whiling away the hours until I can get back to Fulham's fight to get out of the Championship and to enjoying the Tuesday night weather in Rotherham....Wherever the hell that is."

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on June 16, 2014, 07:22:10 PM
If this is true...

I'd say it's because these remarks, presumably translations, are for consumption in their respective counties.
They are unlikely to say, "I don't give a damn about the World Cup, in which we don't have a prayer anyway. I'm just whiling away the hours until I can get back to Fulham's fight to get out of the Championship and to enjoying the Tuesday night weather in Rotherham....Wherever the hell that is."

I remember a 60 cap Scottish midfielder when asked what he'd do if there was a conflict between an upcoming international and an important cup tie being quoted as saying "Scotland can get stuffed." He was talking to an English reporter and he didn't really say that, but I don't think he played for Scotland again.

When you're at the World Cup, that had better be all that's on your mind.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Yeah, we're unhapy after relegation as well.

I think it would be a real sheme if Dejagah left and I think the main chance we may have a chance of keeping him is because of Felix.

As someone said above, He will have had chance to review them and to know whom he wants to keep.

Some we'd be better off without. I'd like to keep Dejagah, Stocko, Richardson - and Amo. I know it's unfashionable to say but I reckon Amo's a decent left back.

b
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jmh

I don't see what anyone is finding to complain about here.  Nowhere is Dejagah saying he wants to be sold because we're in the Championship, that's just the original poster's take on it.  He said he's not happy to be in the Championship (we as supporters aren't happy that Fulham are in the Championship, why should the players be?) and that the World Cup is the most important thing on his mind (as it should be).  What's the big deal?

Apprentice to the Maestro

If this is true...

1/.  Neither country has a pig in hells chance of winning it or probably won't even get beyond their respective group
2/. Mitro didn't even get selected for their first game.
3/. How do they have the audacity (again, if it's true) to brush aside their EMPLOYERS until after the World Cup.
The World Cup is 2/3 weeks every 4 years.
The clubs pay the other 204 weeks wages + fantastic 'healthcare'  Heap 'Um Plenty wages .....etc.......etc..
4/. It seems they're both hoping for a good competition to put them in the spotlight while WE are paying their 'holiday pay'
5/. I'd say "kick them into touch" if the Championship is not good enough for (hopefully) one/two seasons.  Loyalty to a club ......Really,    I'ts mostly only the fans who have loyalty and yet strangely we have to pay whereby the 'unloyal ones' get paiid to be 'unloyal'
6/. As Alfie said "They should have thought about that when they had a chance to stop the drop.

Of course we don't know the whole story but if long monologues suppossedly written or spoken by individuals are published, there quite often is smoke although it's strange that Dejagah has for a while implied he would stay and fight.

.  . . . because they are playing for their country and those will be their next two or three matches?

How would we feel if an England player announced that he was thinking of his club's next season or his summer transfer.

Dejagah and Mitroglu are probably both good enough to play in the PL or, at least, another top league so why should they, or any other Fulham player who has played in the PL, be happy to play in the Championship?

Players aren't loyal. Are you always loyal to your employer when the company's circumstances change significantly? Why should they be when they only have short term contracts and a short career?

Dejagah and Mitroglu had little chance to stop the drop because of injuries and through not being picked.

When you say "we have to pay" how much are you putting into Fulham's coffers to have such strong views about pay when you seem to live in Virginia, presumably USA, not Virginia Water, Surrey for example.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: HatterDon on June 16, 2014, 07:30:57 PM
Quote from: cmg on June 16, 2014, 07:22:10 PM
If this is true...

I remember a 60 cap Scottish midfielder when asked what he'd do if there was a conflict between an upcoming international and an important cup tie being quoted as saying "Scotland can get stuffed." He was talking to an English reporter and he didn't really say that, but I don't think he played for Scotland again.

When you're at the World Cup, that had better be all that's on your mind.

Do you reckon they find time to ask their financial geezer if their pay check has been deposited ?

Before I stopped smoking 3 years ago I represented England in the World Smoking Cup in Vienna.
I never thought about winning the tournament, (the French, Turks, Bulgarians, Russians and Papa New Guineans all had very strong teams)
The worst crime anyone could commit was not smoking each cigarette down to the pre-marked line.
Anyone caught had penalty points marked against them which were accumulated.
I concentrated souly on smoking for 3 weeks and we were eventually knocked out on penalities in the semi-finals, Alfie 'the pyscho' Dunhill missing the decisive penlalty.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

jms

Quote from: Berserker on June 16, 2014, 05:46:50 PM
I am surprised so many are leaving.

I'm surprised you're surprised ! I think so many of our players rate themselves too highly.....the complacency last season was obvious to see. They all thought they were too good to go down, and they got caught out.
Get rid of those players, and start afresh with our youngsters and some new older signings.

MikeW

It might help also ifour bloody manager was in the UK attending to the shopping list.  I've read he's in Rio for German TV?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

cmg

Quote from: MikeW on June 16, 2014, 08:01:36 PM
It might help also ifour bloody manager was in the UK attending to the shopping list.  I've read he's in Rio for German TV?

If he is I doubt that he is living in a submarine or that he's left his mobile at home.