watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

wc referees, impression so far...

Started by jarv, June 17, 2014, 05:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Having seen a few penalties being given for holding and shirt pulling, WELL DONE, I say.  The offenders seem to be English based players who have been getting away with it for far too long. Time for English refs to get there act together and start awarding penalties. It will stamp out the problem.

Also, English commentators have been saying too often..."that deserved a yellow" just because a tackle was mistimed.

So, the refs have allowed tackling and not allowed cheating....(my impression so far)....good job.

Forever Fulham

Ghana committed a lot of cynical tackles and leg kicks against the U.S. that went unaddressed.  Worst reffing has to be that Brazil game. 

HatterDon

In general, they're more common sense than in previous iterations -- not so many yellows for silly things.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

westcliff white

Of all the games I've sen I think the standard of the refs has been poor. Brazils first game was shocking, the Mexico Cameroon game was also very poor. There have been some good refereed games but overall I would say sub par
Every day is a Fulham day

jmh

The ref didn't fall for Marcelo's hilarious dive in the waning minutes of Brazil-Mexico.  So that's good at least.

YankeeJim

I thought that the ref in Mex/Brazil did fine. He let them play and I thought the replays generally vindicated him. Anyone know who he is?
I also thought the Mexican dude that did Algeria/Belgium had a fine game as well. He has done quite a few Gold Cup and WC qualifiers over the years and always seem pretty good.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 17, 2014, 10:21:43 PM
I thought that the ref in Mex/Brazil did fine. He let them play and I thought the replays generally vindicated him. Anyone know who he is?
I also thought the Mexican dude that did Algeria/Belgium had a fine game as well. He has done quite a few Gold Cup and WC qualifiers over the years and always seem pretty good.

First ever Turkish ref in WC history if I heard them correctly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dartfordwhite

There have been some 'big calls' that have been called wrong but in general I think they've been pretty decent and quite refreshing! There have actually been tackles! Real ones! Too often a tackle is deemed a foul if the attacking team member falls to the floor but the refs all seem to have read the same memo and are really letting play go on as much as possible. Funny how quick a player will get up after a challenge when the ref's already buggered off.

MiltonBurrows

The first few games were marred by some shocking decisions, mainly Brazils penalty and Mexicos disallowed goals. But after that the officiating seems to be at a pretty good standard. The guy who reffed the Brazil Mexico game tonight was impressive, didnt buckle to the pressure of the occasion and was not fooled by the Brazilians antics, mainly Marcelos pitiful dive towards the end. All in all, its been on the whole better than the majority of WC's so far.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Cravenawin

Is the one we had on that great night 4 years ago when we humbled the mighty Juventus 4-1 at the Cottage.