watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dear Felix / Fulham

Started by Admin, June 18, 2014, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

No pressure or anything, but after seeing the first 10 Championship fixtures, I now believe that you have a very difficult job on your hands.

I have every confidence that you're the right man to get Fulham back into the Premiership, but by Christ, you and the Club better be prepared by the time we play Ipswich.

If you've already given your list to Ali Mac, I'm hoping that the new fixture list will give us the push need to bring in our targets, because at this moment in time, we fall very short for a team that is supposedly pushing for promotion.

I'm just praying to God that we don't have another scenario where 20,000 odd fans can see it, but the Club fail to, and that we're ready and prepared to take this season by the scruff on the neck.

Either way, I can see these first 10 fixtures making or breaking our season, including the manager.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Meerkat

I totally agree, I haven't a lot of faith in the club anymore. :046:

rusty shackleford

It seems the club will never change no matter who is in charge or who owns us. Its the same thing every year

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Admin on June 18, 2014, 10:04:27 AM
No pressure or anything, but after seeing the first 10 Championship fixtures, I now believe that you have a very difficult job on your hands.

I have every confidence that you're the right man to get Fulham back into the Premiership, but by Christ, you and the Club better be prepared by the time we play Ipswich.

If you've already given your list to Ali Mac, I'm hoping that the new fixture list will give us the push need to bring in our targets, because at this moment in time, we fall very short for a team that is supposedly pushing for promotion.

I'm just praying to God that we don't have another scenario where 20,000 odd fans can see it, but the Club fail to, and that we're ready and prepared to take this season by the scruff on the neck.

Either way, I can see these first 10 fixtures making or breaking our season, including the manager.

You claim `confidence' and `no pressure' and then completely undermine it with `very difficult job', `preying to God', etc..

What this really says is that you really have no confidence in Magath or the club.

FPT

We've got a lot of time before the 9th. We've started well in buying a young centre back with a reputation of being one of the best in Scotland, whilst also harrying a move for Ross McCormack, the Championship's top goalscorer last year with a tally better than Louis Saha in 2000-01.

We don't need to panic, I'll do that with a week left until the season starts, not about 7 weeks, even then there's another 7 until the window closes.

I have faith that more deals are being done and will be completed.

Admin

A lot of these teams are established, Championship sides. I expect the likes of Ipswich, Notts Forrest, Derby etc to have settled sides this season, and after adding one or two good acquisitions, being title contenders their selves. Us on the other hand, are going into this season, at present, with a team that's been ripped apart with no experience of playing together at this level. I just hope we get our brown stuff together rather sharpish.

(Hold on, I'm having another meltdown)  fp.gif  

TrexFFC

Quote from: Admin on June 18, 2014, 11:18:35 AM
A lot of these teams are established, Championship sides. I expect the likes of Ipswich, Notts Forrest, Derby etc to have settled sides this season, and after adding one or two good acquisitions, being title contenders their selves. Us on the other hand, are going into this season, at present, with a team that's been ripped apart with no experience of playing together at this level. I just hope we get our brown stuff together rather sharpish.

(Hold on, I'm having another meltdown)  fp.gif 

Yeah at present. It's still relatively early in the window. Naturally a lot of people were going to leave or be cut once we got relegated. I don't understand your last point. No experience of playing together at this level? Even if we make signings most likely none of them will have played together.  Does that mean we are doomed anyways?

Admin

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 18, 2014, 11:10:07 AM

You claim `confidence' and `no pressure' and then completely undermine it with `very difficult job', `preying to God', etc..

What this really says is that you really have no confidence in Magath or the club.

I'm not a religious person, I'm more of and atheist, the God part was just a figure of speech. Although I do have early doubts, your assumption of my claims is way off, but I'm sure things will work out just fine.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Apprentice to the Maestro

I don't disagree that there are a lot of established sides in the Championship or that our squad at the moment is looking thin and unbalanced.

I was contrasting the claimed confidence with the other comments.

In particular, I am concerned about Magath. Most posters seem to think that he is the right man for the club but for me he has yet to show (for Fulham) that he has any more of a positive effect than Jol had last season which is extremely worrying.

Admin

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 18, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

I don't disagree that there are a lot of established sides in the Championship or that our squad at the moment is looking thin and unbalanced.

In particular, I am concerned about Magath. Most posters seem to think that he is the right man for the club but for me he has yet to show (for Fulham) that he has any more of a positive effect than Jol had last season which is extremely worrying.

I agree with your comments, he showed nothing last season that he is the right man for Fulham, however his C.V speaks volumes, but if there was ever anything to test that, it's surely these first 10 Championship games, and how he's going to rebuild, shape and organise a depleted squad in time. 

Bedford White

We're all stepping into the unknown this season. Fans, playing squad and manager.
No doubt there are some tough games ahead but that's always been the case for us in the BPL in recent years, nothing was a given.

Now we have the opportunity to rebuild without the pressure that the BPL brings. Expectations are high but they're also tempered by the experiences we've all shared.

I will take an optimistic point of view, we may have an all new starting eleven but that's no bad thing IMO as perhaps the malaise the squad suffered last season will have been exorcised. The young bloods will be up for the fight and wanting to prove themselves. Felix will want to prove himself and display his tactical genius. The other teams may look at us and think here's a scalp for the taking but I think most will view us with caution and see us as a big threat.

It's up to FFC now, we can be big fish in this pond or we can sink like a stone. I know which I prefer.

MasterHaynes

It is a tough ask at the start but not season defining, look back to last year Wigan & Derby started badly changed their managers after 10-12 games(maybr even later)Derby got promoted automatically Wigan the playoffs.Don't Panic 092.gif

twang

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 18, 2014, 01:19:49 PM
It is a tough ask at the start but not season defining, look back to last year Wigan & Derby started badly changed their managers after 10-12 games(maybr even later)Derby got promoted automatically Wigan the playoffs.Don't Panic 092.gif

So... That Zamora winner was just a nightmare?

Scrumpy

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 18, 2014, 01:19:49 PM

Fair comment, but as Twang has said, Derby did not get promoted. I think you've erased their defeat to QPR from your mind  :005:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Enclosurite

Until I'm forced to be negative I am being positive!!  We've defintely not seen the last incoming player so in my eyes the squad can only get stronger.

COYW
¡COYW!

Bedford White

Quote from: The Enclosurite on June 18, 2014, 01:27:44 PM
Until I'm forced to be negative I am being positive!!  We've defintely not seen the last incoming player so in my eyes the squad can only get stronger.

COYW

:54: :plus one:

ron

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 18, 2014, 11:04:24 AM
It seems the club will never change no matter who is in charge or who owns us. Its the same thing every year

Come to that, a similar thing applies to Britain in general. No matter the persuasion of the Government there is always "Jam tomorrow", but no money and therefore cuts in everything today.

Just part of being British I guess.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Admin on June 18, 2014, 11:28:18 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 18, 2014, 11:10:07 AM

I'm not a religious person, I'm more of and atheist, the God part was just a figure of speech. Although I do have early doubts, your assumption of my claims is way off, but I'm sure things will work out just fine.
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 18, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

For the first time I actually agree with what you've said.
Don't get complacent though, I'm still watching out for the drone !
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES