more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Group F: Argentina-Bosnia and Herzegovina-Iran-Nigeria

Started by Moderati, June 15, 2014, 03:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on June 21, 2014, 08:24:04 PM
Dejagah has another year on his contract. Why should we lose him? The Iranian forward who plays for Charlton had a good game. Does that mean that Charlton will have to let him leave?

I think most feel if he looks this good in the WC, he will create interest, and since this is the case, a team may come in for him with an offer we can't refuse, given he only has 1 year left and he could leave on a 'free' after next season, so the club may cash out now.

love4ffc

Dejagah looked great.  Didn't he express interest in finding a prem team though?  If a team does come along and make a good offer I hope we tell 'em no.  Really think Dejagah could be tremendous for us next season. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Forever Fulham

When I see how good our club players have performed in the World Cup, I can't help but think Jol takes most of the blame for their poor showing during the season.  They were demoralized by the time the club FINALLY kicked out Jol.

Formation, playing style, structure, off the ball movement, tactics -- the things a manager influences in a large way -- I put so much of the blame with him and the management that allowed him to stay so long. 

love4ffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 22, 2014, 12:40:13 AM
When I see how good our club players have performed in the World Cup, I can't help but think Jol takes most of the blame for their poor showing during the season.  They were demoralized by the time the club FINALLY kicked out Jol.

Formation, playing style, structure, off the ball movement, tactics -- the things a manager influences in a large way -- I put so much of the blame with him and the management that allowed him to stay so long. 

Agree with this.  People say that managers don't matter.  That a fan can pick the team.  A good manager can make all the difference.  Fulham players have been playing fantastic this WC.  If we had a good manager instead of Jol at the time I think things would be a lot different right now. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

IranianCottager

What a heroic performance by Iran. I couldn't have been more proud, our boys fought so hard and played so well. The idiot ref robbed us of a PK when Dejagah completely dusted Zabaleta, unbelievable no-call. Ashkan was outstanding and could have scored with that looping header if it wasn't for a finger-tip save by Romero. Reza Ghoochannejhad also had some good chances. That game was there for the taking, the performance by Iran was so brave and lionhearted. Now, we must beat Bosnia and hope Argentina defeats Nigeria so we can move on to the next round. We live in hope...

BarryP

Quote from: IranianCottager on June 22, 2014, 06:07:03 PM
What a heroic performance by Iran. I couldn't have been more proud, our boys fought so hard and played so well. The idiot ref robbed us of a PK when Dejagah completely dusted Zabaleta, unbelievable no-call. Ashkan was outstanding and could have scored with that looping header if it wasn't for a finger-tip save by Romero. Reza Ghoochannejhad also had some good chances. That game was there for the taking, the performance by Iran was so brave and lionhearted. Now, we must beat Bosnia and hope Argentina defeats Nigeria so we can move on to the next round. We live in hope...

You live in hope.with good reason in my opinion.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

domprague

It wasn't just me then. What a pillock.

Quote from: Neil D on June 21, 2014, 05:38:55 PM
Did I just hear the ITV commentator, Clive Tyldesley, say that the Iranian players have been given special FIFA dispensation to have their Christian names on their shirts?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

cmg

More journalistic gems from ITV.

The  commentator has just said, "Dejagah scored 5 goals for Fulham last year, including an absolute worldy cutting in from the right-hand side against Crystal palace at Selhurst Park".

Would someone be kind enough to post a Youtube link to this masterpiece, as I seem to have forgotten it. In fact I don't recall him being even in the squad as Kasami, Sidwell, Berbatov and Senderos (all of whom are the spitting image of Ashkan, I admit) netted for us.

jmh

Quote from: cmg on June 25, 2014, 05:33:55 PM

The  commentator has just said, "Dejagah scored 5 goals for Fulham last year, including an absolute worldy cutting in from the right-hand side against Crystal palace at Selhurst Park".

Would someone be kind enough to post a Youtube link to this masterpiece, as I seem to have forgotten it. In fact I don't recall him being even in the squad as Kasami, Sidwell, Berbatov and Senderos (all of whom are the spitting image of Ashkan, I admit) netted for us.
Your guess is as good as mine.  Maybe he means the goal David scored against Palace at the Cottage? 

cmg

Quote from: jmh on June 25, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

Your guess is as good as mine.  Maybe he means the goal David scored against Palace at the Cottage? 

I think he has Kasami and Dejagah confused in his tiny mind. Well they're both the same height (give or take a foot), both have beards (apart from Kasami) and both have red hair.

jmh

Quote from: cmg on June 25, 2014, 06:41:40 PM
Quote from: jmh on June 25, 2014, 06:10:36 PM

I think he has Kasami and Dejagah confused in his tiny mind. Well they're both the same height (give or take a foot), both have beards (apart from Kasami) and both have red hair.
(except that neither one has much hair)

IranianCottager