watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Unpredictable World Cup.

Started by MiltonBurrows, June 19, 2014, 02:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiltonBurrows

Is it just me or is this the most unpredictable world cup in a long while? I'm not just talking about Spains calamity, but Brazil drawing against Mexico, Costa Rica hammering Uruguay and players going haywire and giving away penalties and getting sent off like its going out of fashion.
I bet the bookies are loving it.

Just wondering if anyone has anymore predictions on the unpredictable?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Forever Fulham

Wonder what the odds are that Clint would score in the first 34 seconds AND get his nose broken soon thereafter.  Costa Rica taking care of offensive powerhouse Uruguay.  Mexico playing Brazil to a scoreless tie. 

One thing that isn't surprising is the pro-Brazil officiating.

FPT

I'm not sure that Costa Rica beating Uruguay was unpredictable, Uruguay are pretty bad Suarez or no Suarez. You take Godin, Cavani and Suarez out of the Uruguay squad and it's Hungary. The two central midfielders can't pass for toffee and the left back (Caceres) is a right footed centre back. It'll surprise me if we don't batter Uruguay with any goal from them coming on the counter. They won't be able to get the ball off of us.

Mexico are a good little team, but some times it's not your day; 9 times out of 10 Brazil win that exact match but Guillermo Ochoa had the game of his life.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on June 19, 2014, 02:30:51 AM
Is it just me or is this the most unpredictable world cup in a long while? I'm not just talking about Spains calamity, but Brazil drawing against Mexico, Costa Rica hammering Uruguay and players going haywire and giving away penalties and getting sent off like its going out of fashion.

I predict that Brazil don't make the final.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

YankeeJim

Quote from: FPT on June 19, 2014, 12:25:53 PM
I'm not sure that Costa Rica beating Uruguay was unpredictable, Uruguay are pretty bad Suarez or no Suarez. You take Godin, Cavani and Suarez out of the Uruguay squad and it's Hungary. The two central midfielders can't pass for toffee and the left back (Caceres) is a right footed centre back. It'll surprise me if we don't batter Uruguay with any goal from them coming on the counter. They won't be able to get the ball off of us.

Mexico are a good little team, but some times it's not your day; 9 times out of 10 Brazil win that exact match but Guillermo Ochoa had the game of his life.

Actually, Mexico matches up with Brazil fairly well. They have as good a record against them as anyone.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 19, 2014, 01:52:18 PM
Quote from: FPT on June 19, 2014, 12:25:53 PM

Actually, Mexico matches up with Brazil fairly well. They have as good a record against them as anyone.

Not only do Mexico match up well against Brazil they also play them fairly frequently.  If any team in that group was going to play Brazil heads up it was going to be Mexico.

The Mexico-Croatia match should be a firecracker as well.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

jmh

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 19, 2014, 12:58:13 PM
Quote from: MiltonBurrows on June 19, 2014, 02:30:51 AM

I predict that Brazil don't make the final.
I was saying basically the same even after they beat Croatia.  They just don't look committed to working hard to defend (Marcelo and Dani Alves would rather not come back past the halfway line if they can avoid it), Julio Cesar is a disaster waiting to happen, and their tactics when in possession are basically "give the ball to Neymar and see if he makes something good happen".  I think Germany has the strongest squad, top to bottom, and don't have any glaring weak spots like the other top contenders all seem to, and they're my pick.

That being said, this tournament has been insane and now that I said that, they'll go lose 5-1 to Ghana.

MisfitKid

You forgot, the US actually winning a match (yes I can say that...). starsnstripes
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Craven Mad

After years of wanting England to play like Spain, it's finally happened...  :Get Coat gif:

HatterDon

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 19, 2014, 09:30:58 PM
After years of wanting England to play like Spain, it's finally happened...  :Get Coat gif:

:clap_hands:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel