watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NEW SIGNING KLAXON!!! Peter Grant

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 19, 2014, 04:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Peter Grant, who joins Felix Magath's staff as a First Team Coach.

A former Scotland international, Grant started his senior playing career in 1982 with Glasgow Celtic, making over 350 appearances before moving to England to sign for Norwich City.

His first coaching experience was as player-coach with AFC Bournemouth before assuming the position of Assistant Manager at the South Coast club.

He became the Assistant Manager of West Ham United and, along with Alan Pardew, helped the side reach the 2006 FA Cup Final. 

Five months later, Grant was appointed Manager of Norwich City where he remained for 12 months.

He has held First Team coaching roles at West Bromwich Albion and Celtic under Tony Mowbray. He also worked under Alex McLeish at Birmingham City, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest.     

Fulham FC Manager, Felix Magath, said: "I am delighted Peter Grant has joined my backroom staff for the start of pre-season training. I believe Peter is the right choice to join us as we build for the future."
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Southcoastffc

Presumably he has good knowledge of the Championship?  On that basis, a sound acquisition.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Terrific news!
Our second signing!
Does he own a pair of boots cos he can always turn out for us due to our numbers being so low
What positions can he play in?
Welcome Grunt!

BedsFFC

Well, he has a far better CV than the new Leeds mgr.

I cant be bothered to look...are Leeds in our division?

Admin

Lets be honest, we all moaned when we lost Ray, great coach, crap manager, and I think this is why he's been appointed, he's never really been replaced. If you look at Grant, he's had experience of coaching in the Championship, with teams like West Brom, West Ham etc, who all went up, so he knows the drill, plus I think it's that vocal connection Felix will need between him and the team. Not an exhilarating appointment on the face of things, but on which I believe will work nicely behind the scenes and bring results.   

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Berserker

Good I'm glad we have new gin_ger ninja. I hope he keeps his natural colour and is proud of it, unlike Riise who's hair cut and colour became more bizzare as time went on. On a rather rude note, do you think Riise shaved or dyed his body hair to avoid a mismatch ;-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Berserker on June 19, 2014, 09:20:51 PM
Good I'm glad we have new gin_ger ninja. I hope he keeps his natural colour and is proud of it, unlike Riise who's hair cut and colour became more bizzare as time went on. On a rather rude note, do you think Riise shaved or dyed his body hair to avoid a mismatch ;-)

Ahhh

The old "collar & cuff" question - does it match?!

Baszab

Ridiculous appointment - absolutely rank useless appointment - oh...... and please don't argue and say "give him a chance" - why should we ? - go and get somebody decent to help Magath - pathetic

Scrumpy

Quote from: Baszab on June 19, 2014, 10:21:33 PM
Ridiculous appointment - absolutely rank useless appointment - oh...... and please don't argue and say "give him a chance" - why should we ? - go and get somebody decent to help Magath - pathetic
What a ridiculous thing to say! He has vast experience of coaching, particularly in The Championship. He has impressed more than any other applicant, of which there will have been many. Get a grip mate!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Baszab on June 19, 2014, 10:21:33 PM

You having a sarcastic moment or are you a clown?

The Rock

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 19, 2014, 05:27:23 PM
Presumably he has good knowle
ge of the Championship?  On that basis, a sound acquisition.

Agreed

Baszab

I was being serious - would you put Grant on a par with Tigana ??
This is a mundane middle-of-the-road appointment

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Baszab on June 20, 2014, 09:31:33 AM
I was being serious - would you put Grant on a par with Tigana ??
This is a mundane middle-of-the-road appointment
errm, Tigana was THE man in charge. Grant will work under Felix.  Sometimes you need a few spear carriers.  I really thought your initial post was just an attempt at a joke.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

jarv

Mr. Baszab, I guess you know him personally then.

Baszab

I stupidly forgot to preface my posts with IMHO
No I don't know him personally - I am offering my opinion to this board on his appointment - that is what this board is for - opinions
Check out his record online
He doesn't have a particularly great reputation amongst those I know in the football business
There are plenty of other "spear-carriers" already at MP
There are a good deal better and more dynamic coaches in the football world we could have recruited
This is a poor appointment IMHO and shows a lack of ambition
However it looks like we are going to settle for second rate at our second rate club now after 13 years of Top-flight

Admin

Quote from: Baszab on June 20, 2014, 11:59:43 AM
I stupidly forgot to preface my posts with IMHO
No I don't know him personally - I am offering my opinion to this board on his appointment - that is what this board is for - opinions
Check out his record online
He doesn't have a particularly great reputation amongst those I know in the football business
There are plenty of other "spear-carriers" already at MP
There are a good deal better and more dynamic coaches in the football world we could have recruited
This is a poor appointment IMHO and shows a lack of ambition
However it looks like we are going to settle for second rate at our second rate club now after 13 years of Top-flight

What 'successes' did Ray Lewington actually have, apart from being a crap manager, but a half decent coach??!! I think you're looking far to much into this appointment than you need to be.

Burt

glenhodgso

Thanks (at least) for stating "Peter Grant" - when I first saw the website announcement entitled "Grant appointed" for one awful moment I thought they meant Avram....