more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou Joins Besiktas

Started by bobby01, June 20, 2014, 03:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PakistaniWhites

FPT

They have just lost/released Hugo Almeida so it's logical on that front. We've done business with them before with the Kerim Frei deal so relations are probably quite good.

We still have an invested interest in the player but get the wages off our wage bill as well as picking up a good sum for just a year.

Fingers crossed he gets fit, plays well and we can break even or maybe even profit on the situation.

f321ffc

Always sad when a great , loyal , talented  valuable servant of the club leaves. Shame he was'nt one of them. 082.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

bobby01

K33ny, has posted on the Saturday stuff comments on him, it's worth a look
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FPT on June 21, 2014, 04:31:44 PM
They have just lost/released Hugo Almeida so it's logical on that front. We've done business with them before with the Kerim Frei deal so relations are probably quite good.

Hasn't Frei been injured most of the time he's been there?  Not sure selling another crock will help the good relations much ;)

ChesterTheTabby

If we can get 2.5 Million on the loan deal, free up the wage bill, and if he comes around keep him/sell, that will suit us tremendously.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Baszab

With the greatest of respect, the fact that everyone knew he was injured and it wasn't the player's fault is totally irrelevant - the management wasted the one investment that the new owner was prepared to make in the transfer window - against scouting opinion - and we should have (not could have) bought a minimum of three solid Premier standard players to stabilise an unbalanced team and give us a much better chance of staying up - that's why I keep going on about it - it's not a personal crusade against the unfit Greek

Burt

A Greek playing in Turkey... Brave move!

Burt

At least Marlet has competition now for the accolade of "Biggest Waste of Money".

Beamer

Hang on, the rumour is that they are signing him, nothing said about him actually playing for them.

westcliff white

Quote from: Baszab on June 21, 2014, 05:32:12 PM
With the greatest of respect, the fact that everyone knew he was injured and it wasn't the player's fault is totally irrelevant - the management wasted the one investment that the new owner was prepared to make in the transfer window - against scouting opinion - and we should have (not could have) bought a minimum of three solid Premier standard players to stabilise an unbalanced team and give us a much better chance of staying up - that's why I keep going on about it - it's not a personal crusade against the unfit Greek
I understand your view point I may not 100% agree with it but I respect it. Although I do not think we could have got 3 premier league quality players for 12 million even though we have only paid 6 for mitro so far so even less chance for that amount. I do agree though that those in power back then should have made certain he could have played at least 50% of our remaining games when we signed him. I have to say having seen him live this season a fully fit mitro from the evidence of those games would have been a major asset, sadly wasn't to be.
Every day is a Fulham day

bog

He can clear off. A worse signing than Marlet I never thought I would see.  :dead horse:

092.gif 

cmg

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 21, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Quote from: FPT on June 21, 2014, 04:31:44 PM

Hasn't Frei been injured most of the time he's been there?  Not sure selling another crock will help the good relations much ;)

No. He's been on the bench most of the season, a few sub appearances here and there and played most of the last game of the season.

love4ffc

Always love good news.  Best of luck to him in Turkey.  Hopefully they can get more out of him then we ever did. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bill taylors apprentice

Could it be he always intended to go to Turkey and due to the tension between them and the Greeks it was some how seen as a way to avoid grief from the fans?

Sounds a bit far fetched but so is us signing an unfit player when we all know what was needed.   

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Baszab on June 21, 2014, 05:32:12 PM
Exactly this, in January Hull bought Jelavic and Long for considerably less than £12m both went onto score 4 goals tying to end up top scorers for the Hull 2013/14 which tells the whole story of how ridiculous our signing of an injured player was, regardless of how much promise he may have for the future.

EJL

£12 million for Long and Jelavic may be comparatively good business, but I still think it's silly money.