watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Help Needed: East Fife Friendly

Started by andy_24, June 20, 2014, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy_24

New to this forum, so apologies first of all if this is in the wrong section.

Anyway, to the point, is anyone driving up to the friendly with East Fife on Saturday, 5th July, or know of other transport that is available (minibuses, coaches, etc).

I'm based in Chesterfield, but I really want to go to this game - East Fife is one of the very few grounds in Scotland that I've never been to.

I'd happily contribute to petrol costs if someone is driving up and returning on the same day. If there is minibuses going, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction.

Had a look at train fares, but they're very expensive and the times aren't really very useful for getting back on the same day.

Any help is much appreciated guys.

Riversider

Sorry I can't help you with the driving Andy, but I'm flying in to Edinburgh from LHR and back on the same day, I genuinely thought that I might be the only one daft enough to go and see Fulham play at East Fife in a pre season friendly , it seems not ! See you there.

Nero

I would say if driving avoid the Leeds/Harrogate area as its the start of the Tour De France and roads are likely to be either closed or traffic jams

earlbeatty

Riversider - how are you planning on getting from Edinburgh to the groound?

I'm looking into this friendly at the moment and not sure on the easiest way to get to the ground?

Cheers

EB

andy_24

Probably worth mentioning that the ground is about seven miles from the nearest station. Not sure if there's any buses that run along the route towards the grouind.

Travers Barney

The Earl has surpassed himself and sorted out some good flights to Edinburgh for this extravaganza so the flag will get an airing.

coyw
We are the whites

andy_24

Bump. Still looking for a lift if anyone can help. I must be the only person who is desperate to go to East Fife.

jmh

Quote from: andy_24 on June 24, 2014, 03:27:20 PM
Probably worth mentioning that the ground is about seven miles from the nearest station. Not sure if there's any buses that run along the route towards the grouind.
It looks like there is a bus route from Kirkcaldy to Leven and goes fairly close to the ground.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables.aspx?serviceid=&locationId=0&from=kirkcaldy&to=methil

Look at the "8 Fife" route.  Of course, you still need to get to Kirkcaldy, which is (from London, anyway) a two-train ride at best, sometimes three.  You could probably do something similar from Chesterfield.

Southdowns White

If you are getting a bus from Edinburgh you can change at Glenrothes but it's not the sort of place to hang around in. there is an airport bus that will take you over the Forth Bridge and a bus terminal on the other side where you can change and get a bus/coach along the coast which is probably the easiest way. If you are driving please allow plenty of time because the traffic can be pretty bad either getting over the bridge or even along the south Fife roads. Crail, pittenween and Anstruther are all nice places to stay or just spend a few hours and have some great fish and chips and nice pubs. I would tend avoid Leven, Methil and Buckhaven but some of you might like the atmosphere!