more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz & Karagounis World Cup performances, Fulham Captains, merged

Started by The Rock, June 20, 2014, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

Quote from: grandad on June 30, 2014, 08:01:30 AM
Ruiz covered every part of the pitch. He was the player everyone else wanted to pass to. I would like him to stay & see what a proper manager can get out of him. Kara did not let up for 120 minutes.
Last night the most used word was "Fulham". I want us to have Kara for another cameo season.

You may have a point but Magath is not the manager to do it.  Players like Ruiz need cossetting and confidence-building, Magath doesn't appear to do 'touchy-feely' management.

grandad

Quote from: Neil D on June 30, 2014, 08:27:18 AM
Ruiz covered every part of the pitch. He was the player everyone else wanted to pass to. I would like him to stay & see what a proper manager can get out of him. Kara did not let up for 120 minutes.
Last night the most used word was "Fulham". I want us to have Kara for another cameo season.

You may have a point but Magath is not the manager to do it.  Players like Ruiz need cossetting and confidence-building, Magath doesn't appear to do 'touchy-feely' management.

Of course Magath is the right manager. We don´t need "touchy feely" management. We have someone who can kick ar$e.
Where there's a will there's a wife

TheManOnTheBus

Interesting that the club has a write-up about last night's match:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/june/30/los-ticos-progress

Must think that at least one of Bryan or KostaPacket are still Fulham players (in more than simply a legal sense). Or perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

Twig

Quote from: grandad on June 30, 2014, 11:57:23 AM
Quote from: Neil D on June 30, 2014, 08:27:18 AM

Of course Magath is the right manager. We don´t need "touchy feely" management. We have someone who can kick ar$e.

Actually we need someone with multiple styles to suit the individual and the circumstances.  Research into management shows convincingly that the most successful managers have the ability i. to diagnose what style would be most appropriate and ii. to successfully employ that style.

Is that Magath? Only time will tell.

Fernhurst

How long has our club had a soft centre???
Maybe he's the one to toughen us up..... Well there's a first time for everything.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

NogoodBoyo

I'm moderately surprised that nobody sewed a thread about the strange sight of seeing two Fulham players meeting as captains of their countries in the World Cup along with another making a complete arris of himself with his dodgy beard, ridiculous barnet and shocking performance - although he did take the coolest penalty.
How many times have millions all over the world seen three Fulham players on the pitch at the same time in a World Cup game?
Nogood "a question for Sir Les, isit" Boyo

bmasar

Was thinking the same thing last night.

Also, of note, it's shocking how many times Fulham have been mentioned during US broadcasts. We've been mentioned with Dempsey, Ruiz, the Greeks, Dejagah, as well as a int'l friendly at CC between two nations I can't recall. I've heard Fulham mentioned more than any English team save Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.

RidgeRider

actually, there is a thread that is 9 pages long, that addresses just that...I will be merging this one into it.

St Eve

Karagounis is just the player we need. Yes he is 37 but just played in the world cup as captain of Greece. His passion and work rate are tremendous. If only the England players and Fulham players cared as much as him. He would be a great captain for us even if he didn't last the entire game. Much better than Parker. Doesn't cost a penny either.
Oh I forgot Felix released him

HatterDon

Quote from: St Eve on July 02, 2014, 02:24:55 AM
Karagounis is just the player we need. Yes he is 37 but just played in the world cup as captain of Greece. His passion and work rate are tremendous. If only the England players and Fulham players cared as much as him. He would be a great captain for us even if he didn't last the entire game. Much better than Parker. Doesn't cost a penny either.

Yes, Felix released the ancient diving geezer that could barely manage 30 minutes by the end of last season. For my money, Karagounis is the biggest embarrassment to wear a Fulham uniform since Michael Brown left us, yet he gets more love than the Pope for some reason.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St Eve

Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2014, 02:37:26 AM
Quote from: St Eve on July 02, 2014, 02:24:55 AM

Yes, Felix released the ancient diving geezer that could barely manage 30 minutes by the end of last season. For my money, Karagounis is the biggest embarrassment to wear a Fulham uniform since Michael Brown left us, yet he gets more love than the Pope for some reason.
for all of the reasons I said. There have been dozens of embarrassments since Brown. A lot of people would disagree with you and if you watched any of the Greek games you would see his value yourself - even at 37