watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz & Karagounis World Cup performances, Fulham Captains, merged

Started by The Rock, June 20, 2014, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Great header for Costa Rica tonight. Can only increase his value and help what we might get for him. We didn't see the best of him when he was with us though flashes of brilliance and he should be proud tonight.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

My point exactly  :54:.............OUR PLAYER  has  scored a lovely goal at the World Cup  what isn't there to like !!!!!

JackyFulham90

Maybe Felix will want to keep him, highly unlikely hopefully we can get a 6-7 return for him

The Rock

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 20, 2014, 10:08:17 PM
Maybe Felix will want to keep him, highly unlikely hopefully we can get a 6-7 return for him

Obviously on high wages - but he's good enough if played properly up front.  He's done great at every club, except Fulham, and I'll throw it out there that it's not his fault and not the league.

Tonywa

As I said before the World Cup started he's technically a very good player indeed and the style of football played in the competition and the slower pace are ideal for him.  I tipped him to be one of the outstanding players of the tournament and I've not changed my mind on that point.  How that all translates in playing in a more physical league on a muddy pitch in the middle of February is, of course, another matter entirely.

HatterDon

His great performances in both games should be enough to get him a transfer to a top league elsewhere in Europe. Only Martin Jol could fail to get the best out of Bryan Ruiz. Any intelligent manager would have built the team around him our last two seasons. If you're unhappy with Ruiz's impact as a Fulham player, lay the blame on Jol and Berbatov NOT Ruiz.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bradstow

Quote from: HatterDon on June 21, 2014, 12:48:19 AM
His great performances in both games should be enough to get him a transfer to a top league elsewhere in Europe. Only Martin Jol could fail to get the best out of Bryan Ruiz. Any intelligent manager would have built the team around him our last two seasons. If you're unhappy with Ruiz's impact as a Fulham player, lay the blame on Jol and Berbatov NOT Ruiz.

Absolutely agree. Offer him more money and the captaincy and build the team around him. One of the best players FFC have had for years.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Forever Fulham

Holders

Quote from: HatterDon on June 21, 2014, 12:48:19 AM

This is geting worrying - this is now the third time I've agreed totally with the Hatter. Must be my age...

Despite England's exit, I can't but smile at the irony that Ruiz was deemed "not good enough for Fulham" but is apparently good enough to score the goal that beats Italy. He was/is a very skilful player whom I liked seeing in our shirt. His understanding with Dempsey on occasions was almost telepathic and a joy to watch.

Fulham's relegation hurt much more but I do feel sorry for Roy and Ray - memories of Hamburg.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

Would play him over Berbatov any time.

092.gif

Slaphead in Qatar

Happy for him. I think we may see him put in a few more good performances in this tournament.

Used the right way and with a few better players around him, he could have been good for fulham. He certainly has the skill.

Lighthouse

Put a young Pele in a team with no pace and play him out of position and he would look poor. Ask him to track back and defend and his performance would suffer. Ruiz has the talent and clearly is class. What a shame then we had a manager in Jol who never made it work despite spending the money. By the time Jol went it was too late.

Ruiz, a great player who we never saw play to his potential.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackyFulham90

I actually thought Ruiz was decent for us, yes he got caught on the ball a lot but he was creative in a poor side & always passed forward. With a decent striker & a bit of movement down the wings he would be a very good player. Still contracted to us for another year but surely will be on his way

Blanco

064.gif bloke plays a couple good games for Costa Rica and everyone rates him again. Just remember how lightweight and poor he was for us. The only positive is his price will go up. No way would he stay with us and I don't want him to.

grandad

He is captain of his national team & has played in all their qualifying games. I want to keep him & let him prove that he can cut it in the Championship. If it doesn´t work out we can sell or loan him out in January. He has that extra level of experience that we need. We only have Parker with any experience in midfield.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sammyffc

Quote from: Blanco on June 21, 2014, 10:46:29 AM
064.gif bloke plays a couple good games for Costa Rica and everyone rates him again. Just remember how lightweight and poor he was for us. The only positive is his price will go up. No way would he stay with us and I don't want him to.

exactly, people are so fickle it amazes me

Lighthouse

Quote from: Sammyffc on June 21, 2014, 11:07:22 AM

No he wont stay with us. He is far too good for the championship and a team like ours. Surround him with no pace players and he didn't shine. Well there is a shock.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

g

I object !!!! Regarding Ruiz, while there are a few that call him a luxury and a fairy ......................many more always recognised his talent.  
Ruiz is  proof positive that  Jol was and is  a terrible manager, he had a stylish player that wasn't old or  crock and he  messed  with his head.

096.gig 096.gig a red card to you both  :54:  

Fulham76

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 21, 2014, 11:17:56 AM

No he wont stay with us. He is far too good for the championship and a team like ours. Surround him with no pace players and he didn't shine. Well there is a shock.

Too good for us? Are you serious??? When he joined we were an okay premier league team, albeit on the decline. If he was such a good player, it would have shown, he would have stood out, but he didn't - he was actually noticeable for the wrong reasons. Good players shine regularly, no matter what team they're in, who their team mates are, that's why they're classed as good players.

Nick Bateman

Ruiz was the best player on the pitch which include Pirlo among others.  In the championship I can see him as a major star!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"