more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz & Karagounis World Cup performances, Fulham Captains, merged

Started by The Rock, June 20, 2014, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Sadly he will go and shine else where

I am assuming that the elsewhere will not be Monaco to link up with Berba but will be somewhere with a CF that moves and will run to all ball rather than insist it is to his feet !

I still think

Rodellega
Richardson      Ruiz         Dejegah

front 4 would have kept us up !

But lets forget the past and build for the future £7mn + should come in handy

Blanco

How many seasons does he need to prove how good he is? I used to defend him but this last season before he went out on loan he was crap. At the end of last season he was crap. He may have a good first touch and some actual skill but he never produced for us. He showed glimpses of what he could become but he never did. And again, there is no way he'll stay with us. Can you imagine what the championship players would do to him anyway. Let's move on please!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Blanco on June 21, 2014, 01:47:17 PM
How many seasons does he need to prove how good he is? I used to defend him but this last season before he went out on loan he was crap. At the end of last season he was crap. He may have a good first touch and some actual skill but he never produced for us. He showed glimpses of what he could become but he never did. And again, there is no way he'll stay with us. Can you imagine what the championship players would do to him anyway. Let's move on please!

I agree best to move on. We are never going to agree that a player that can have all that space and outplay an Italian side that easily outplayed England. Is a 'crap' player. Best to realise that some fans still can't believe how badly Fulham mismanaged the players. Hey Burn is crap as well. When he is played as a fullback. Let's get rid of him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pluto

I don't think anyone who's seen his displays so far at this World Cup can argue that he isn't a top quality player. He was horribly misused and mismanaged at Fulham, surrounded by cart horses, journeymen and has beens, and then hounded out because his face didn't fit. Those in charge of us for the past two seasons wouldn't know a quality player if it smacked them in the face.

Would love us to get him back and then sign Joel Campbell or another a quality mobile forward on loan - he would really shine in that set up.  Alas, I think the damage is done and he will go.

BarryP

Quote from: Riverside on June 21, 2014, 01:37:47 PM
Sadly he will go and shine else where

I am assuming that the elsewhere will not be Monaco to link up with Berba but will be somewhere with a CF that moves and will run to all ball rather than insist it is to his feet !

I still think

Rodellega
Richardson      Ruiz         Dejegah

front 4 would have kept us up !

But lets forget the past and build for the future £7mn + should come in handy

I agree Riverside.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Max Headroom

He was absolutely diabolical for us before he went out on loan. But put Dejagah in goal and he wouldn't have done very well either. i.e he was out of position

Jol's error was to buy Berbatov and not ship Ruiz out straight away. You could never play two players like that in the same team.

Ruiz got a really raw deal at Fulham. I don't think the championship would be suited to him, so sadly we should sell him.

He is a classy player if used correctly. We completely misused him.

YankeeJim

Somebody start a thread on Dempsey so we can stop  :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 21, 2014, 04:44:29 PM
Somebody start a thread on Dempsey so we can stop  :dead horse:

You are such a troublemaker Jim. :005:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Holders

Quote from: Pluto on June 21, 2014, 03:39:25 PM
I don't think anyone who's seen his displays so far at this World Cup can argue that he isn't a top quality player. He was horribly misused and mismanaged at Fulham, surrounded by cart horses, journeymen and has beens, and then hounded out because his face didn't fit. Those in charge of us for the past two seasons wouldn't know a quality player if it smacked them in the face.

Would love us to get him back and then sign Joel Campbell or another a quality mobile forward on loan - he would really shine in that set up.  Alas, I think the damage is done and he will go.

I would agree with you except that wasn't it Jol who bought him? Felix never had the opportunity even to decide if he wanted to play him or not as he'd been shipped out in January under the triumvirate. So, really, that just leaves Rene and his colleagues as not recognising a quality player. I doubt that was the case but nevertheless they did decide that his attributes weren't for us. Shame, I'd have loved to have seen him flourish in the right setup - as he did when he played with Dempsey.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

One Martin Thomas

Dejagah's stock is rising too as I write this .....  he's playing like a man possessed.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on June 21, 2014, 06:29:15 PM
Dejagah's stock is rising too as I write this .....  he's playing like a man possessed.

Where were these set piece deliveries last season??

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 21, 2014, 06:35:42 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on June 21, 2014, 06:29:15 PM

Where were these set piece deliveries last season??

I was thinking that.  Just watched him deliver a perfect corner with my mouth open !

Black, White and Fred

Don't think he was allowed to take them with Holtby about, going to miss Ashkan
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Felix will keep him ...................... besides he was carrying an injury last season ......................and he has just been subbed

Berserker

Yes i don't think Ashkan did a whole 90 mins last season
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

the nutflush

Quote from: Blanco on June 21, 2014, 01:47:17 PM

Agreed.  He did sod all for us and everyone wants to tell me how good he is because he put a header away vs Italy.  Odemwinge scored today.  How good is he?  Im sorry but this Ruiz love in has me confused. 

Denver Fulham

It's entirely possible that all of the following are true:
1) Ruiz is a very talented player
2) He's not a good fit for English football
3) Our idiot manager played him out of position a lot
4) He's not good enough to build your entire team concept around

In a lot of ways, he reminds me of a very rich man's Freddy Adu. Our Yank followers will understand.

nose

Quote from: Denver Fulham on June 22, 2014, 05:25:05 AM
It's entirely possible that all of the following are true:
1) Ruiz is a very talented player
2) He's not a good fit for English football
3) Our idiot manager played him out of position a lot
4) He's not good enough to build your entire team concept around

In a lot of ways, he reminds me of a very rich man's Freddy Adu. Our Yank followers will understand.

ruiz scored a freak goal, he remains what he is, not suited to the premiership or english football. recall how pout of his depth he was V burton.
The goal was a freak because of how seldom he got his head to the ball ever before and never threatening to score with it.
great if we get more money for him, but i have seen two costa rica games now and ruiz continues to underwhelm.
if he takes england apart I will be astonished.

the nutflush

I hope he scores a hat trick vs England I really do.  It will just mean that we might get a good offer from another club.  He won't be playing for us in the Championship and I am happy to see him go.  The premiership is not his go and he will just get the poo kicked out of him in the championship and be even less effective there. 

cmg

One small point: Bryan Ruiz has only scored 9 league goals for us, but his second against Reading 2013 was a header.

One slightly larger point: The Championship is not some kind of Neanderthal jungle populated by psychotics who kick everything that moves. Some pretty skillful players have thrived there (Hughes, Knockaert, Ince, Reza, Beausejour, Bridcutt, Diego Poyet) without being seriously maimed.