more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: RIP Pat Conlon

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, June 21, 2014, 02:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

http://news.sky.com/story/1286852/guildford-fours-gerry-conlon-dies-aged-60

this is  not a political thread. I just remember watching the film ' in the name of the father'. He suffered an apalling miscarriage of justice.

(Mod: Added NFR to title)

RaySmith

Very sad news.

He served fifteen years for a crime of which he was completely innocent.

RIP

win-dup

and this has got to do with football and Fulham what exactly?

Sammyffc

Quote from: win-dup on June 21, 2014, 07:31:14 PM
and this has got to do with football and Fulham what exactly?

It doesn't have to have anything to do with football or fulham on this board to be fair. However Slaphead did forget the '' NFR "" before his post ;)

jeremyfulham

How is this Fulham related ?

VicHalomsLovechild

It's Fulham related in the sense that someone on this board feels there's an injustice to someone which has blighted his life. That there are sometimes things a bit more important than football. That others on here will share his feelings for this man and if not will just let it pass by without comment.
   This board like it or not is much more than football, than Fulham. It's family, non related family yes but that's the only difference. We share, we accept we don't always agree and we forgive and are forgiven for the occasional lapse. We learn and we're all better for it.

Lighthouse

There are places where injustices and politics and swimming in the Danube or whatever are encouraged. Friends of Fulham must remain a football site. Yes there are light asides. But even when there is little to talk about, FOF must remain a football only site.

If we start to discuss anything that bothers Fulham fans we only encourage division. I know from my own experience on here that the nicest of fans have blind spots when it comes to topics outside of football. I will agree with a fellow fan on one football topic and then disagree with the same fan on another football topic. But we have a common bond. Once you go outside of football people are not so happy to listen to opinion.

IMHO keep FOF for the Fulham and Football fans only. Outside of those topics we should keep it light. Just an opinion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JHaynes Paperboy

epsomraver

Funny that the Police never as in the Birmingham bombing reopened the case then, what about the victims and their families?

Alternative

^ Never mind the whataboutery.

It was a blatant miscarriage of justice which ruined this man's life.

End of.

Junichi

RIP Gerry.

A good man who suffered, and tried to fight injustice within a corrupt system.

We had RIP Mandela, Rik Mayall, Michael Jackson etc threads. Just because this man might not have meant anything to you, but that doesn't mean he didn't mean something to someone else. Lots of NFR threads pop up on the general board, this is no different.

Again, RIP.

Burt

We do let some of these ride, particularly if the person concerned has had connections with the club or if otherwise in the public eye they are not particularly controversial or divisive.

I've been keeping a beedy eye on this one given the political overtone, and as ever when politics is involved things seem to be going down the dust-up route.

Hence the "no politics" rule.

So, rather belatedly, I am locking this thread. Should have done so earlier.

Cheers

Burt