more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alternative England WC Assessment

Started by Sammyffc, June 21, 2014, 02:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Spotted this on Facebook on a comment on an article by bleacher report

' England football has a long way to go, they need to be more accepting of other cultures and spot potential talent in all races than just their white race... they try to keep it strictly white with the exception of a few blacks.. England can change manager after manager , but if they dont take advantage of the wide ethnic community that it has then they will just keep falling at the first hurdle. They need to come together as a team just like the latin teams. there is too much separating, pride and ego. I will look forward to this day , they will just become more arrogant , egotistical and prejudice. Time for a change ''

Is the person right , if so why ? or is he not and has no clue what he is on about ?

065.gif

dannyboi-ffc

I don't see any relevance to be honest, how many blacks or asians played for italy when they won their 4 world cups? A players ability should be judged on exactly that, his ABILITY. It doesn't matter if all the players were black to me, i wanna see the most talented 11 and if they were all non- white then so be it. Johnson sterling ox  sturridge walcott townsend all contributed lately. If asians etc were good enough then they would play. Im sick of this nonsense, england is more focused on equal rights than most other countries at the world cup. What was spains excuse then?

So to answer your question yes it is rubbish. We were just not good enough, the only player i think roy got wrong was not picking ashley cole but he has 100 caps so that arguement cant be used for him
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Pluto

That is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. I wonder of that moron even watches football.

BarryP

So the author is saying the English FA is racist and has extended its influence over the manager's player selection or every English manager in recent history has been a racist. Since most managers care more about winning than anything else this sounds a bit far fetched to me.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

God The Mechanic

Fulham76

Is this idiot suggesting we're racist? Sounds like a whinge because we have no Asian players? Although, I can't think of any quality Asian (English) players to be honest. Maybe a bit of scouting down at the local mosque is required!!

Berserker

Most of the Indians I work with prefer cricket
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fulham Paul

There is no racism in kids football now a days. The academies are desperate to find "the next" star and if they could tap into the Asian continent at the same time what an opportunity.

I would take a guess that traditional Asian parents would not aspire for their children to possibly one day be a pro footballer when they could definitely become a doctor, solicitor, accountant etc but my experience really is limited to "Bend it like Beckham", so any Asian FFC fans out there who can educate us all please..........

Fulham Tup North

So by this logic there should be White or Asian players playing for Ghana, or Cameroon, or Nigeria, or Ivory Coast!  Because there are not then 'Quid Pro Quo' these Countries are all racists.
The bloke is a fool but you can guarantee the BBC will support his arguments, they love this sort of rubbish.  :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Baszab

What an absolute load of nonsense - if you want to look at racism in the national football setup - have a look at Spain

St Eve

jeremyfulham

Absolute tosh...we are more integrated than the Spanish who won the last WC and more than most nations I think. Don't give this idiot the publicity.

ron

It used to be said that "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

That has now changed. The easiest way for a scoundrel to be heard in the current climate of "political correctness" is to shout "Racism!".

All sensible replies are then lost in the scramble for exoneration to such bogus claims.

Still, that is what modern day Britain is all about.

Nero

this will be England who have that many foreign players in their top little it stops there own player coming though. How many English player have Man City ruined by buy them and then letting them rot in there reserve, Lescott. Sinclair, Rodwell sure there more

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Nero on June 22, 2014, 12:22:09 AM
this will be England who have that many foreign players in their top little it stops there own player coming though. How many English player have Man City ruined by buy them and then letting them rot in there reserve, Lescott. Sinclair, Rodwell sure there more

Lescott played 160 times for City...  I'll give you the other two, but he is a poor example.  And Rodwell has had injuries all his career, whereas Sinclair seems to just have a poor attitude.