watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham to go in for Jason Davison from Heracles Almelo on a free

Started by Banjo123, June 22, 2014, 10:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo123

Another Australian player that i know nothing about. Any thoughts from our Aussie contingent?

the nutflush

Maybe they heard me when I said last week they should sign him.  His two games for Australia this world cup have been very impressive.  A solid left back and a bonus if on a free. 

Craven Mad

Link?

Bit of a weird one. Don't know anything about him but, after some searching, he's been released by his last two employers (Heracles and Pacos Ferreira), and was chosen not to be kept on by a loan side (Covilha). None of those teams are too special, either.

In his favour, he played 30 games in the Eredivisie last year and that's a pretty decent league. He's also been useful for Australia in the World Cup. Plays at LB.

I don't mind padding-out this side with younger players, but - excluding McCormack - we're not being linked with any established players.. I just hope the scouts have improved as our recent transfers didn't work out.

the nutflush

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 22, 2014, 10:55:10 AM
Link?

Bit of a weird one. Don't know anything about him but, after some searching, he's been released by his last two employers (Heracles and Pacos Ferreira), and was chosen not to be kept on by a loan side (Covilha). None of those teams are too special, either.

In his favour, he played 30 games in the Eredivisie last year and that's a pretty decent league. He's also been useful for Australia in the World Cup. Plays at LB.

I don't mind padding-out this side with younger players, but - excluding McCormack - we're not being linked with any established players.. I just hope the scouts have improved as our recent transfers didn't work out.

We won't be linked with too many "established players".  We are in the Championship now.  You won't get too many "established players" that will want to come to Fulham on the promise that we bounce straight back up.  That's why we have to choose from lesser known players.  Davidson would be a decent choice.

Craven Mad

Quote from: the nutflush on June 22, 2014, 10:59:58 AM
Quote from: Craven Mad on June 22, 2014, 10:55:10 AM
Link?

We won't be linked with too many "established players".  We are in the Championship now.  You won't get too many "established players" that will want to come to Fulham on the promise that we bounce straight back up.  That's why we have to choose from lesser known players.  Davidson would be a decent choice.

By established I don't mean "proper" names, but one's that know the league or English game. Last year, after getting relegated, QPR signed Charlie Austin, Danny Simpson, Richard Dunne, Gary O'Neill, Matt Phillips, Yossi Benayoun, Aaron Hughes etc. They may not be fashionable names, but they were vital for QPR last year.

Their experience and knowledge helped stabilise an unsteady team and (narrowly) got them promoted.

Who knows, (not that we've actually signed them yet, but) players like Taggart and Davison could turn into world-beaters, but I worry that they'll need a year to adapt (if they manage to adapt at-all). At least with players like those grabbed by QPR, you know what you're getting.

the nutflush

I think the last thing we need is recycled 30 somethings.  Many of us here have been saying for a long time we need to clear out the old dead wood.  That's why we got rid of Aaron Hughes because we decided he was past it.  Im happy to see more young hungry players come in.  I really think Davidson can make it.  Taggart was the leading scorer by a long way in a league that is improving rapidly.  Leading scorer at the age of 21.  And the rumoured fee was 180k.  Worth a shot in my opinion.  I would rather see us try and find gems for a small fee that sign more Mitroglous and Ruizs. 

Nero

well hopefully kylie might turn up to a match or two, oh Davison sorry

The Rock

I don't mind signing these players. They look good, are free, and most importantly create competition for places - something we haven't had since Roy. The Oz striker for 180k looks a real bargain as well. They are unproven and young which is a lot better than washed up and past prime.

JackyFulham90

I'm happy to see us sign the likes of Taggart & Davison but there is no doubt we will need a couple of new signings that know the Championship that send a message to the rest of the league that we mean business next season

grandad

Why are we looking for freebies. We have shed loads from the parachute fund & Khan. Let´s go mad & spend at least £50. I want Khan & Felix to do a Fayed/ Tigana spending spree. It got us into the Premiership once so why not again?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

There are bound to be more expensive signings. But we must remember we have a squad to replace. It makes sense that we need good, younger players who can grow with the club. We are no longer in the Prem because we had slow, old, big wage players.

So the bigger signings will hopefully come and in the right positions. But good quality squad players are just as important.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Arthur

Quote from: grandad on June 22, 2014, 12:45:54 PM
I want Khan & Felix to do a Fayed/ Tigana spending spree. It got us into the Premiership once so why not again?

Firstly, as I recall, Tigana didn't spend all that much in getting us promoted that first season.

Yet this, I know, misses your point - that the more we spend, the more likely we are to be promoted.

Isn't FFP intended to prevent clubs from embarking upon spending sprees which cause them to amass significant debts? Someone posted a couple of weeks ago that we are limited to an operating loss of £8M for the coming season.

What I don't know, however, (of which someone else may have a fair idea or attempt to calculate or simply hazard a guess at) are the following figures:

• Our anticipated income (from this season's parachute payment, gate receipts, television deals etc.).

• Our projected expenditure excluding transfer fees.

Subtract the latter from the former and, if the restriction of an £8M deficit is true, we can gauge how much of a splurge the Club can make in the transfer market.

kiwiwaka

Quote from: grandad on June 22, 2014, 12:45:54 PM
Why are we looking for freebies. We have shed loads from the parachute fund & Khan. Let´s go mad & spend at least £50. I want Khan & Felix to do a Fayed/ Tigana spending spree. It got us into the Premiership once so why not again?
What are we supposed to do? Sign the 10 or so players we need for £3-4m+ each? It's a good thing being able to get the odd squad player/first team for free, giving us freedom to spend more money on players that make a huge difference, McCormack for example.

Wingnut

Quote from: Nero on June 22, 2014, 11:18:38 AM

I thought Carrie Underwood was our official musical act?

A decent full back for free is rare in this day and age. Have to admit that I know very little about this guy, other than what I have seen in the World cup. From that small cameo, he looks decent.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Nero

Quote from: Wingnut on June 22, 2014, 03:01:19 PM
Quote from: Nero on June 22, 2014, 11:18:38 AM

I thought Carrie Underwood was our official musical act?

A decent full back for free is rare in this day and age. Have to admit that I know very little about this guy, other than what I have seen in the World cup. From that small cameo, he looks decent.

and people said our days of signing players who go to the world cup had gone

glenhodgso

Australian, Jason Davison? Isn't he that bloke married to Kylie in Neighbours?

The Enclosurite

He should fit in well with Felix's 'alleged' tough training regimes.

-----

Jason Davidson

Australia

Maintaining discipline is unlikely to be a problem for the young left-back who spent three years learning the game at Seiritsu Gakeun – a feeder club in Japan. His punishment for not bowing properly before training was to be struck in the face. When he was late for a session he – and every member of the Seiritsu squad - was forced to have his head shaved.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/world-cup-2014-20-oddballs-to-juggle-with-9507365.html
¡COYW!