watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz comments

Started by jeremyfulham, June 23, 2014, 07:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

He allegedly said "last season was not real"....well it feels pretty real to us fans mate how out of touch are some players??? !!!! 049:gif 049:gif COYW

Nero

you could be a journo, take something embellish it and make a story, what he actually said was

Ruiz told reporters, "I want to show the English what I am and what happened at Fulham is not real."

Basically saying he play poorly and wants to show people what he can do.

Holders

I think he still finds it hard to understand why he was shipped out in January when we were struggling and needed all available options. Just a few weeks later, the man who did that was fired and we have no idea what Felix would have thought of or done with him as to my knowledge he's never spoken on the subject. It must feel unreal.

I'd love to see this "reject" have a stunning game against England.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

twang

Quote from: Holders on June 23, 2014, 08:39:43 AM
I think he still finds it hard to understand why he was shipped out in January when we were struggling and needed all available options. Just a few weeks later, the man who did that was fired and we have no idea what Felix would have thought of or done with him as to my knowledge he's never spoken on the subject. It must feel unreal.

I'd love to see this "reject" have a stunning game against England.

Especially considering Magath's success in dealing with other #10's, such as Diego and Misimovic.

But on the other hand Magath said Holtby didn't play because he wasn't a fighter, so where would that leave Ruiz?

RaySmith

We don't know who was responsible for Ruiz, and Berba, leaving, but there was a strong feeling amongst fans, and expressed by many pundits, that these were 'luxury' players who needed to be jettisoned for the good of the team....

and I wonder how much that groundswell of opinion influenced the decision to get them out the door, and get new players in their place.

Personally, I felt we missed Berba more than Ruiz, whose confidence seemed gone.

Max Headroom

We didn't miss Berbatov. Berbatov's signing was the reason why we were relegated. There was a reason why such a supremely talented player wasn't a first pick for Spurs or Man Utd.... he had an attitude problem that eventually rubbed off on to too many of his team mates. His view was that he was superior and he was the team. From March 2013 we were the worst team in the premier league by a long way.

Ruiz may have been poor, but he was playing out of position, and for someone who physically was a bit weak, you can't expect his to adapt to a new position as well as a physical league he was not 100% suited for. Bryan did not have an attitude problem.

Holders

In years gone by, it was unfulhamish to get on our own players' backs. It seemed to start with McAnespie, then Baird. then Ruiz. I wonder how this helps inspire them and the team.

Perhaps it's something to do with new money and fans but I don't like this side of modern Fulham.

Lighthouse

I am not convinced the then coach had much to do with shipping Berbatov and Ruiz off in January. But he certainly was going for a more workmanlike team. From the outside it looked to be getting somewhere but we all know what happened then.

One of the many problems we had was the complete lack of pace in the side. Ruiz and Berbatov are good and sometimes even great players. But they needed pace around them. They needed players to make runs. Without it they just were not very good. They were no Best or Haynes who were great whatever was around them.

Ruiz will be a legend somewhere as Berbatov was. But he needs to play in a side that can create space for him. He was unlucky, as we were, to have a side that was as poor as many of us could remember for years.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Quote from: Max Headroom on June 23, 2014, 09:07:42 AM
We didn't miss Berbatov. Berbatov's signing was the reason why we were relegated. There was a reason why such a supremely talented player wasn't a first pick for Spurs or Man Utd…. he had an attitude problem that eventually rubbed off on to too many of his team mates. His view was that he was superior and he was the team. From March 2013 we were the worst team in the premier league by a long way.

Ruiz may have been poor, but he was playing out of position, and for someone who physically was a bit weak, you can't expect his to adapt to a new position as well as a physical league he was not 100% suited for. Bryan did not have an attitude problem.

I wasn't speaking against Ruiz, whose attitude I wouldn't question,just saying his confidence seemed gone, with the crowd on his back, whereas Berba could still win us a game with his goals.

Berba decided to turn it on as recent to him going as our victory at home to Villa- when the whole team played very well, and he seemed a crucial part, as he did in the 2nd half at Palace.

General

He didn't play for us for half a season...

I think with a bit more time, which I'd hope he'd get in the championship he'd do wonders for us - if he has a barnstorming world cup though, we may be wise to sell him off at the peak price as he's done very little since he's signed for us.

win-dup

Quote from: Holders on June 23, 2014, 09:27:57 AM
In years gone by, it was unfulhamish to get on our own players' backs. It seemed to start with McAnespie, then Baird. then Ruiz. I wonder how this helps inspire them and the team.

Perhaps it's something to do with new money and fans but I don't like this side of modern Fulham.
not quite true I'm afraid. Jimmy Hill was subjected to sustained abuse as a Fulham player despite giving his all in every single match. He gloriously silenced the morons for all time by scoring a hat trick in a vital match on Easter Friday 1959 to give us almost certain promotion to the old Div 1 which we subsequently attained.

Holders

..and Stan Horne, come to think of it, but I do think that we were less prone to it in the past than other teams and that there's a lot more of it now than there used to be.

filham

The expectations for both Berbatov and Ruiz were huge and unfortunately they never came close to fulfilling these expectations. They were given chance after chance in many roles and different team line ups and showed, with occasional flashes of brilliance, that they had talent in abundance. However they were really ineffective on a regular basis.

They are in our the past, all that remains is for Fulham to attempt to regain some of the enormous money spent on Ruiz, we should stop talking about him, hopefully a new and better player will soon emerge to fill his place.

nose

with no disresp[ect to anyone trying to defend ruiz but he was simply very poor for us. He could hav played any position, and he would have remained so.

he was slow, ponderous, weak in possesion and so on and so forth. He played a variety of positions and none seemed to make any difference. In fact i have seen nothing in the costa rica performances that make me change my mind. They have 10 very hard working players and him.

In two seasons he should have been able to show what he was capable of, and other than a very occasional flash, he simply didn't have what it took.

The inclusion of him and berba, with their transfer fees and wages was a block on getting alternative more effective players.

A freaky header, does not make me change my mind. If he goes on to do it again, and score a hatful as costa rica march to the final, maybe I will relent.

Just my opinion.

jeremyfulham

I would have more time for him and others if they said  " I contributed to Fulhams relegation I want to fight to get them back up" . For me he has no backbone .

Northern Cottager

Quote from: jeremyfulham on June 23, 2014, 03:15:19 PM
I would have more time for him and others if they said  " I contributed to Fulhams relegation I want to fight to get them back up" . For me he has no backbone .

Exactly!!!! Not one of them wants to help get us out of THEIR mess. Not many of them are capable of doing so but it would be nice to at least hear it!

Lighthouse

As has been mentioned Ruiz can be blamed for many things but not getting us relegated. He wasn't picked and then went out on loan. So he is hardly in a position to take any blame.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Ligthouse 100 percent correct.

Forever Fulham

Recent U.S. press on Costa Rica's team, Bryan Ruiz, and the power of self-belief:

"After we won against Uruguay, we were really motivated," said the captain Bryan Ruiz, whose 44th-minute goal was the game's only tally. "We were convinced this was possible."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/21/sports/worldcup/world-cup-2014-costa-rica-advances-with-win-over-italy.html?emc=edit_th_20140621&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=53324807

crazycottager

I'd give him another chance, he's doing pretty good at the world cup, let's see how he does