watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm wondering..........

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, June 24, 2014, 03:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

......if due to the lack of incoming transfers the powers that be are reasonably happy with a combination of
the remainder of the 'old guard' + the 'youth players'
Obviously there will be more in/out transfers, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. rightly or wrongly
I'm not sure,
The friendlies and season are not that far away and with Felix "Sprachen Si Duetching" or "Vor Sprang Deutching Technicing"
for German TV's Vorld Cup team, If they manage to reach the final (which is possible/probable) we will be three weeks away
from kick off date in a new division with new challenges   etc etc
Lets hope they know what they're doing and Felix's comments are coming from MP and not the Amazonian jungle

"Oh what a tangled web we weave" Unfortunately it seems that the weavers are out of touch with those of us who know
and understand what it takes to catch the flies (ie 3 points)

I'm taking my boots/cleats to Jacksonville just in case there's room for a 64 year old who 45/46 years ago scored nearly 100 goals
in a season (for 4 different teams a week) 

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Aaron

We have always been notoriously quiet concerning our transfer market dealings and I can see no real reason for this to change.  There is absolutely no benefit to be had from letting the media (or anyone else) know what your plans are.  It only ends up costing you in the long run.

The fact that it's public knowledge we are / were linked with Ross McCormack and the Australian lad(s) would suggest to me there's a fair bit of business to come yet.  McCormack is about as high profile a transfer as is possible in the Championship so to hear his name mentioned suggests to me we're not done yet.

Airfix

I was under the impression that the window doesn't open for another week.

westcliff white

Quote from: Aaron on June 24, 2014, 06:03:31 AM
We have always been notoriously quiet concerning our transfer market dealings and I can see no real reason for this to change.  There is absolutely no benefit to be had from letting the media (or anyone else) know what your plans are.  It only ends up costing you in the long run.

The fact that it's public knowledge we are / were linked with Ross McCormack and the Australian lad(s) would suggest to me there's a fair bit of business to come yet.  McCormack is about as high profile a transfer as is possible in the Championship so to hear his name mentioned suggests to me we're not done yet.
I would prefer to be linked with Rhodes he is a better goalscorer in my opinion
Every day is a Fulham day

Me-ate-Live, innit??

TRANSFER WINDOW OFFICIALLY OPENS ON THE FIRST DAY OF JULY

Craven Mad

Quote from: KCat on June 24, 2014, 09:40:56 AM
TRANSFER WINDOW OFFICIALLY OPENS ON THE FIRST DAY OF JULY

BUT SURELY WE SHOULD HAVE DONE ALL OUR BUSINESS BEFORE THEN?!?!? DIDN'T YOU SEE CARDIFF SIGNED SOMEONE!!!!

DAMN YOU, ALI MAC!!!! *shakes fist vigorously*

Lighthouse

We have a squad to replace. If the way this club has done business over the last few seasons, we can look forward to starting the season with as much clue as we have now.

I don't trust Fulham at the moment so it will so nice to be proved wrong.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Roberty

Do we have a squad to replace?

I was under the impression that graduates from the academy and the younger first team imports would be used in first team to replace some of the departing "old timers" - if this is going to be the case then we are only likely to need players in a few positions.

If the academy players are not going to graduate - why have we spent so much time, effort and money on it over the last several years.

The perceived wisdom has been to loan potential graduates to Championship teams to see if they are going to make the grade, now we are in the Championship we can do it ourselves - simples!
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Lighthouse

I just can't see more than three at best young players being ready for a Championship season. Not if we actually are looking to bounce back or at least be in the top half. With the recent signings hopefully being part of that squad and not first team regulars. Plus the players that have stayed. I am still struggling to see that we have a squad of more than a dozen. Few of which would be first choice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sammyffc

can't believe theres a post on lack of transfers when the window isn't even officially open yet. amazing .

BedsFFC

I remember we announced Bullard signing in April. I think we had also said to him and his agent that if they spoke to anyone about it the deal was off.

SimpleTactics

I'm actually pleased with the way things are looking.