watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Fargo

Started by bog, June 24, 2014, 09:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Not a football matter but did many watch the Fargo series on 4 that finished on Sunday night? Really quite gripping and frightening. Black humour at its best. All actors involved excellent.  

092.gif    

BedsFFC

agreed. Did you see the film?

Pluto

I don't really watch TV apart from football but this caught my eye and I ended up following the whole series. Absolutely gripping stuff and wonderful acting.

Apparently there's going to be a second season (with a different cast obviously) so looking forward to that. This has also inspired me to check out more TV drama people rave about.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Billy Bob is an excellent actor .................................who knew ????
Colin Hank (Gus Grimly)  Tom's son ........................who knew ???

IMO the television series was better than the film

bog

Yes I saw the film. How gruesome that was. The Chief of Police, how inept was he? Martin Jol in disguise?

092.gif 

rusty shackleford

Quote from: KCat on June 24, 2014, 09:32:05 AM

Id say anyone who has seen BBT act before knew he was an excellent actor.

I enjoyed the series. Its a pity it was a one off although i suppose they could go down the anthology route and have a new set of characters.

Lighthouse

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 24, 2014, 10:20:09 AM
Quote from: KCat on June 24, 2014, 09:32:05 AM

Id say anyone who has seen BBT act before knew he was an excellent actor.

I enjoyed the series. Its a pity it was a one off although i suppose they could go down the anthology route and have a new set of characters.

They are thinking exactly that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rusty shackleford

Its all the rage these days. American Horror Story, True Detective, Fargo. It means as well that they can tie down bigger actors since they know they only have to commit to one season.

I still prefer a tradition series tho!

bog

I think leave it at that. A phenomenal cast that could never be bettered.

092.gif

TheManOnTheBus

SPOILER ALERT:

Anyone else think that Gus should have been charged and convicted with Murder at the end.

Yes - Malvo deserves all he gets, but it was still a premeditated execution.  Why didn't he call the cops? 

bog

It did cross my mind about Gus at the end. If it was over here no doubt he would have been charged with first degree murder and a memorial service held for he who was shot.

092.gif

Lighthouse

He could have always said it was self defence. He was fearful that the killer had a concealed weapon.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Legate21

Really enjoyed it. Top quality acting all round. The suspense that was built throughout the series all for the final episode was incredible. I've really got into the whole TV series hype recently and would say that alongside Breaking Bad, Hannibal and House of Cards this would be up there as one of my favourites.

Burt

I saw the first Breaking Bad yesterday. Thought that was good, something I can get in to.

licker

Quote from: Burt on June 24, 2014, 04:39:04 PM
I saw the first Breaking Bad yesterday. Thought that was good, something I can get in to.

The best TV Series i have seen, it gets even better as it goes on.  Excellent.  
The Killing (English series) rather than the subtitled Danish one, is also good TV on Netflix.
And its already been mentioned, House of Cards is another worth watching, try and see it before the new series starts in August.

Should start up a thread Burt.  "What are you watching",  it would give Peeps an idea whats good, and whats not so good.

Bill.