News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does burn have half a chance of making Euro 2016?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 24, 2014, 06:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I personally don't think he is good enough and am a bit nervous about him being a regular for us but my love for brede has slowly died and i'm now willing to give burn a chance.

The reason i ask the question is basically because he is a left footed left sided centre back. Theres not many about that are outstanding and english, sure woy might opt for two right sided players instead but we saw with brede that it doesn't work when you switch someone and certainly won't work against top opposition.

The ones i can think of are all too old for the next euros. Lescott, terry and jagielka. Then you have shawcross, steven taylor and curtis davies. Lets be honest them 3 have had a very good season at some point in their careers and have never got a look in. If burn has a solid year and a good year in the prem the year of the euros he might have a chance. That doesnt mean we will go up by the way, he might get a move with a good season.

Rio, cahill, smalling, jones, stones, caulker, mike williamson (newcastle), moore (leicester) are all right sided. What do ya reckon? Burn Stones might be the future.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Craven Mad

Why are you nervous to have him as a regular for us? Last year he got great write-ups for his Championship performances with Birmingham.

Who knows if National football could come his way, but I'm confident he'll make a solid Championship CB and he could possibly be a good Premiership CB too.

dannyboi-ffc

Maybe im being harsh on him, i dont think hes not good but i was really put off by his chelsea game. I know its chelsea but he was useless. He was good against united and norwich in the cup though so im willing to see him play. Im just not as confident as the rest of you.

England havent got many left sided options so it makes this a big two years for him. Just ask lallana lambert forster shaw sterling sturridge barkley, 2 years is a long time in football even if your a nobody

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Rhys Lightning 63

Yes, absolutely he can and you know what he CAN (nee WILL) be captain of England in Russia 2018.

The only downside, is that he'll probably have to be at Tottenham or Man Utd for that to happen
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Craven Mad

He wasn't good against Chelsea, but many teams have been exposed by their immensely skilful and quick attack. Plus, I thought he did well in his other league appearances for us (other than when at RB...) and, as said, he was very highly rated at Birmingham.

Based on the fact that in the coming season we won't play many teams with an offence as strong as Chelsea, and we'll be in the same league as Birmingham, I think he'll be a valuable player next year.

Whether he'll become a top-level CB is another matter. I hope he can, and I think he will.

FPT

Did I just read Mike Williamson?

Burn has had one bad game for us in his 11 appearances, that was against Chelsea, where a 21 year old 6ft 7 got caught out by quick, intricate Chelsea players like Schurrle and Hazard? Doesn't sound bad now... Brede couldn't handle these little quick players in his prime.

The Euro's is too soon considering that the first year of the two will be spent in the Championship. The World Cup is very possible if he shows the consistency and solidity that he has the ability to do.

Prior to Dan Burn being recalled, Birmingham went 10 games undefeated; following his return to Fulham, Birmingham lost 15 of their 22 games.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FPT on June 24, 2014, 06:36:41 PM

Burn has had one bad game for us in his 11 appearances, that was against Chelsea, where a 21 year old 6ft 7 got caught out by quick, intricate Chelsea players like Schurrle and Hazard? Doesn't sound bad now... Brede couldn't handle these little quick players in his prime.

The Euro's is too soon considering that the first year of the two will be spent in the Championship. The World Cup is very possible if he shows the consistency and solidity that he has the ability to do.

Prior to Dan Burn being recalled, Birmingham went 10 games undefeated; following his return to Fulham, Birmingham lost 15 of their 22 games.

He was shocking against Stoke so that's two bad games but we can understandably let him off for that one as who in their right mind would play him at right back

Fernhurst

No blame can be attached to him for the Stoke game, however, his lack of speed and quickness of thought were cruelly exposed against Chelsh##

Big leap of faith to predict Euro's selection, but a successful season will fill him with confidence and some quality coaching might bridge that gap.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

FPT

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 24, 2014, 07:57:17 PM
Quote from: FPT on June 24, 2014, 06:36:41 PM

He was shocking against Stoke so that's two bad games but we can understandably let him off for that one as who in their right mind would play him at right back

Oh yeah, I blocked that out of my mind. But as you say, can't blame him, he's 6ft 7 and right footed playing at right back - ridiculous from Mr Magath.

dannyboi-ffc

No one can judge him for the stoke game, i lost all faith in magath that day not burn. His performance against chelsea though did worry me. Like i said happy to see him play every game now that brede has gone and i hope he flourishes but im not as sure as most of you.

He might do well in the championship but the way some of you rate him he should be aiming higher than that. Thats why i asked the question, havent really got many yes or no answers. I'll say no to euro or world cup. I dont think he will develop to be that standard, he isnt as good as.smalling was for us and smalling looks out of his depth for england

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

HatterDon

Don't see why not. He's the best 6'7" English left-footed right back I've ever seen.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RolandAJ

Why not?  He has so much upside.

I know Burn looked bad against Roman's team, but, as I recall, the back line was dealing with an offense unimpeded by any sort of midfield resistance or threat.

I hope he gets a chance.

Roland

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

St Eve

Craven Mad

Quote from: HatterDon on June 25, 2014, 12:33:21 AM
Don't see why not. He's the best 6'7" English left-footed right back I've ever seen.

064.gif

Big Martin Jol

I'd imagine it'll come too soon. Cahill, Stones, Caulker, Jones etc. will probably all be in front of him in the pecking order - but down the line, who knows.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Andy S

Young players are not consistent. That is why in the early stages of their career they are put in for a few and left out for a few. That is the way they all start even Rooney at Everton.

Deanothefulhamfan

I am not sure Burn will start, I can see Magath going for Hutchinson and Amorebieta.

I want Burn to get his chance, but I don't think Magath rates him high enough

westcliff white

He ha sno chance unless we get in the premier league or he leaves for a premier league team
Every day is a Fulham day