watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riether gone to Freiburg

Started by Banjo123, June 26, 2014, 12:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

Personally I dont think players slow down at 31. The training and fitness levels in modern football keep them fit a lot longer now. Look at Robben. He's still a whippet. I'm going to miss Sascha. But he was never going to stay. To be honest I thought he had already left.

fulhamfever

Load of tosh how many times did you see Sascha burst down the wing and get crosses in or act as a runner on the wing getting forward.

Admin

Reither had one good season, the season before he signed a contract with us, after this he was a complete liability and a shadow of the player who came on loan. 

eloc

Quote from: Jamie88 on July 07, 2014, 04:21:37 PM
This was news about 10 days ago mate.
But yes I think it was time he moved on. As soon as he signed permanently, his form went downhill at an alarming rate when you consider his first season with us
my bad! i searched for a thread on here about it and didnt see one. I agree his form fell alarmingly fast which is something I attribute to his age.
Quote from: tommy on July 07, 2014, 04:23:33 PM
Personally I dont think players slow down at 31. The training and fitness levels in modern football keep them fit a lot longer now. Look at Robben. He's still a whippet. I'm going to miss Sascha. But he was never going to stay. To be honest I thought he had already left.
Robben is a freak of nature compared to alot of other players his age. I agree that training and fitness levels keep them going at a higher level for longer (Klose) but there are many more speedy young players than guys the other side of 30 that are screaming down the touchline.
Quote from: fulhamfever on July 07, 2014, 04:25:39 PM
Load of tosh how many times did you see Sascha burst down the wing and get crosses in or act as a runner on the wing getting forward.
I have no idea what tosh means, so im not sure if youre agreeing or disagreeing.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: fulhamfever on July 07, 2014, 04:25:39 PM

And how many times did he manage to get back to defend after those runs forwards?

filham

Eloc, "tosh" is a good , often used, English informal word meaning nonsense, rubish or balderdash. The word will be found in most dictionaries and you should familiarise yourself with it as there is a lot of it about, it can be found on this board on occasions

eloc

Quote from: filham on July 07, 2014, 04:49:28 PM
Eloc, "tosh" is a good , often used, English informal word meaning nonsense, rubish or balderdash. The word will be found in most dictionaries and you should familiarise yourself with it as there is a lot of it about, it can be found on this board on occasions

thanks!

Tom_FFC

Good first season, performances dropped in the second. I wish him all the best at Freiburg.

St Eve

Going to miss Sascha. A true professional and a loss. not the greatest of seasons but no worse than any of the other defenders