watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official - Tankovic Leaves - UPDATED with notes

Started by MrProphet, June 26, 2014, 01:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

First departure that has annoyed me bags of talent just to much attitude if you believe the rumours

PokerMatt

He got his massive step up that he fully deserved in his own head then.  fp.gif
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Sammyffc

ALKMAAR, AZ has thursday attacker Muamer Tankovic (19) until 2019. The Swedish international is on the English Fulham, where he his contract not extended. Tankovic linkerspits is, but can also from the feet as 'number ten' and on the other front positions.
The rechtsbenige Tankovic - also in the possession of a Bosnian passport - came in his homeland for Hageby IF and IFK Norrköping. In 2011 he left on 16-year old age to Fulham. He made big impression at that club in under more Fulham under 21, and that he was twice chasing of The Uk. In the previous two annual series he was top scorer of that kampioenselftal.

''ROUGH TRANSLATION FROM AZ SITE ''

Sammyffc

ON FULHAM '' "Fulham i via the youth in the first team", Tankovic looked back. "Not many young players can say they are on their 18TH basisspeler are in a match against Manchester United. Unfortunately sat Fulham in a difficult position. Grappling Over against degradation was not there in the last few months more to the youth careered onto. The trainer chose for older players. In three years time i have learned a lot, but for me it was time to get out of there. AZ was very effective with Marco Van Basten ''

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PokerMatt

Follow me: @mattdjourno

Barrie

cmg

Talented youngster. One it would have been nice to keep - but as things turned out that was never on the cards once we got relegated.

His supposed arrogance wouldn't have bothered me over much, but I do wonder exactly how we might have accommodated him in the short term. He was fine playing along with Roberts, Woodrow and Dembele (and would have been rated behind all three) at u18, but it is difficult visualizing any system that could use them together in the first team, at least at this stage of their development.

Presumably he'll be a certain starter at AZ, a mid-table Eredivisie outfit, so not a big step up.
If he turns out to be one half as good as his new manager we can really start regretting his departure.

Humbled

Talented yes.
Never rated him as highly as most on here (from what I had seen) though.
Stories I have heard about him I'm glad he has gone.

Pluto

He will look fantastic in that league. I always liked him and I think he could've helped us towards the end of last season so it's a shame he didn't get a look in (I think he told the club he wasn't going to be signing a new deal in the winter, and was sidelined from then on).

Anyone know if we'll get a compensation fee and how much that's likely to be? Could eventually become a £10m+ player.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Not see play him all at for being English Fulham linkerspits young man.
The rechtsbenige both Swedish and passport Bosnia has nationality jewelish maybe
Herr Cut dodgy same Woodpile Taggart, Ralph Coates

Many much chance suspect to play happy no 10 football from front in A-Z

Flere hændelse Alkmaar start Muamar one team than inddelingen 2 no good like play some
"Like much Bacon, Havarti, Hans Christian Anderson and Vikings on TV, alright John"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Classic94

Shame but the lad clearly has an ego problem.

General

Quote from: Classic94 on June 26, 2014, 04:46:28 PM
Shame but the lad clearly has an ego problem.

And that quite possibly is why he could end up being the best of the bunch. He has gone to a team playing in the top league in Holland. I would guess that and the promise of regular playing time would've been the main difference. I also don't think Fulham are interested in keeping on players who want to leave. He always seemed to have a detached attitude from the rest of the group though. The way I saw him play though last season, in particular against Utd as our attacking outlet proved that he could've played and arguably should've played a bigger role last season and could've coped easily at championship level. Whether he could've done this for an entire season at the same level I don't know, but he had the ability, that I don't doubt.

Jamie88

I find it odd that he had vanished from the profiles section on the website, yet there was no news item mentioning he had left the club.

Is this the club deliberately not giving him a send-off due to the way negotiations went perhaps?

MasterHaynes

Personally I never saw much difference between him and 'Dino' Islamovic who we let go in the 'not going to make it' group along with Ronnie another I thought would make it. I would have thought the Championship would be a higher level and better career development choice than an average side in the 'Eridvisie'.

I'm guessing the attraction is Van Basten, having previously compared his career path with Ibrahamovic's he sees Van Basten's can help him hone his wealth of talent. I have my doubts thats the only reason I wonder whether he felt he may have real competition for a place against some of our other youngsters and wasn't sure he woud come out ahead of them.I will watch his progress along with Dino and Ronnie with great interest to watch who has the most success.

Putney

Playing for AZ in a decent European league is probably a bit more attractive for a youngster than extending your contract only to be loaned out to Brentford or Southend.

Not really bothered that he's gone.

Jamie88

Quote from: Putney on June 26, 2014, 08:28:01 PM
Playing for AZ in a decent European league is probably a bit more attractive for a youngster than extending your contract only to be loaned out to Brentford or Southend.

Not really bothered that he's gone.

There was no chance in hell he would've gone out on loan had he stayed...especially to a club in our division

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: MrProphet on June 26, 2014, 01:21:40 PM
First departure that has annoyed me bags of talent just to much attitude if you believe the rumours

His agent is Fabio Alho  Martin Jols pal

MasterHaynes

Quote from: KCat on June 26, 2014, 09:19:39 PM
Quote from: MrProphet on June 26, 2014, 01:21:40 PM

His agent is Fabio Alho  Martin Jols pal
Maybe that explains why Martin Jol kept gaving him the bigup to the press yet didn't play him. I think its telling that he justifies his lack of playing down to the manager preferring older players in a relegation fight, Hmmm didn't think Woodrow, Roberts, Dembele, David, Kaca, Burn were that old and stating that if they were good enough they would play.