watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The penalty of Suarez biting..UPDATE Suarez admits to biting Italian

Started by Blanco, June 26, 2014, 03:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Still don't think the punishment fits the crime.  Still the good news is that his sponsors will probably dump him. 

Uruguay are already furious and saying that this is unjust.  They are still claiming that the media altered photos because they were on a manhunt against Suarez.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Liverpool fans react with ANGER at Luis Suarez LFC ban: 'Thanks Sepp!' 

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-fans-react-anger-luis-suarez-lfc-ban-thanks-sepp-14062698555#UwFgEUv4aVzbSZwQ.99

Interesting reactions from pool fans.  Most just seem angry that it affects them. 

Burt

I think FIFA have copped out on this. The guy has previous. The penalty for repeated offences should be getting more serious, not more lenient.

Burt

Quote from: love4ffc on June 26, 2014, 04:38:48 PM
Liverpool fans react with ANGER at Luis Suarez LFC ban: 'Thanks Sepp!' 

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-fans-react-anger-luis-suarez-lfc-ban-thanks-sepp-14062698555#UwFgEUv4aVzbSZwQ.99

Interesting reactions from pool fans.  Most just seem angry that it affects them. 

Yup... Just look at the comments from our friends on the RAWK forum:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314821.0

God The Mechanic

I like the "what precedent do they have" comments.  It was until now unprecedented!  THIS IS THE PRECEDENT!!

RidgeRider

Typical Liverpool, they are the victims. Lot of "it's unfair for Liverpool, why are we being punished"...I guess it's an easy fact to to forget that they signed Hannibal Lecter, who already had a reputation and had been banned before...........and you took that risk when you welcomed him to your club......that is why you are effected by his behavior. It's hard for me to comprehend how so many on that board don't seem to get it.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Yup... Just look at the comments from our friends on the RAWK forum:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314821.0
[/quote]

F***in unbelieveable, I can't F*** believe, what the F***,  Holy ***,  ***ing hell,  Bo*****xs,
So Liverpool suffer, ****,  Did you see that car, it's got a tax disc ****. We better ***ing appeal this
I've just F******bought a F**** new F**** Shell F***** suit, now what the F***** do I do

Quick to catch on eh !

Does this mean he's banned from Subbutteo or table football, in which case he can't do any tactical training at home.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cmg

Sad, but unsurprising that people cannot accept that the player's club bears some responsibility in the matter, they buy the whole package, not just the football talent.

It would be sad, too, that a club with such a respect for tradition as Barcelona would be interested in this type of person. Particularly as the original Luis Suarez (Miramontes), a player of grace, skill and sportsmanship (as near an approximation of Johnny Haynes as I can think of) played the front half of his illustrious career for them.

Wingnut

Totally agree with the length and nature of the ban. LFC should accept the punishment and withhold his £200,000 per week salary for the duration of the ban. Liverpool fans are up in arms over this, which is an added bonus.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jamie88

Whilst I certainly agree with the ban, I would like to see lengthy bans also placed on certain players who seemingly deliberately try to break another's leg, or deliberate acts of cheating ect.

Whilst these horrendous challenges may just get red cards and one or two matches suspension, nothing else is really said, yet a bite causes uproar.

ps. I am not in any way saying a bite in a football match shouldn't cause uproar!

ron

Did I just hear on the box that he will get £3m wages in his 4 month holiday ?

Quite right, wouldn't want him to go hungry.......as it is, the poor fellow is down to eating his opponents.

love4ffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 26, 2014, 06:54:50 PM
Whilst I certainly agree with the ban, I would like to see lengthy bans also placed on certain players who seemingly deliberately try to break another's leg, or deliberate acts of cheating ect.

Whilst these horrendous challenges may just get red cards and one or two matches suspension, nothing else is really said, yet a bite causes uproar.

ps. I am not in any way saying a bite in a football match shouldn't cause uproar!

Agree.  If it is evident that a player was just out to break another players legs then that player should get a lengthy ban.  

RidgeRider

Something that was mentioned in the news here and I just saw in the report in this thread is he received a monetary fine of 66,000 pounds or $122,000 US. Not a drop in the bucket.

I am also wondering if Liverpool could withhold his salary due to conduct detrimental to the club. Most contracts have conduct clauses that enable the club to fine a player, or void their contract for behavior reasons. Wonder if Liverpool will do this if they can't unload him.

love4ffc

Uruguay legend Alcides Ghiggia criticises Luis Suarez for his behaviour at the World Cup. 

Read more here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/luis-suarez/10927336/Uruguay-legend-Alcides-Ghiggia-criticises-Luis-Suarez-for-his-behaviour-at-the-World-Cup.html

So at least one Uruguayan thinks and believes that Suarez has a problem. 

Twig

So, for a third biting offence he gets a ban of just 4 mths; that is approx 16.6% of the maximum penalty available to FIFA.  My question therefore is - what would a player have to do to cop the maximum 2 yr ban? Commit premeditated murder on the pitch?

Buffalo76

K33NY

Quote from: Twig on June 27, 2014, 06:47:41 AM
So, for a third biting offence he gets a ban of just 4 mths; that is approx 16.6% of the maximum penalty available to FIFA.  My question therefore is - what would a player have to do to cop the maximum 2 yr ban? Commit premeditated murder on the pitch?

I would bet like everywhere else in the world, corruption etc had he done something illegal with money I bet he would get the mapunishment available, but since he is one of the worlds biggest stars its hard for FIFA to make a harder punishment than this without getting way to much hassle and looking "bad".

Here in Norway its been manu many debates about this, where they took example of a violent fatal episode leading to 2 years in prison while not longer a corruption case and money laundry case led to 15 years..... its sickening how much more important money is to people.....

jarv

penalty of????   try penalty for.

Burt

Well 888poker have terminated their contract with him and Adidas have announced that they are reviewing their sponsorship arrangement, so this could end up costing him millions.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Burt on June 27, 2014, 12:30:06 PM
Well 888poker have terminated their contract with him and Adidas have announced that they are reviewing their sponsorship arrangement, so this could end up costing him millions.

Would be a real shame.  Would expect Liverpool to look into possibly not paying him during his forced exile too - he'd cost them around £3-4million whilst not being allowed to do anything at all for them.