watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The penalty of Suarez biting..UPDATE Suarez admits to biting Italian

Started by Blanco, June 26, 2014, 03:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

9 games! That's no way near enough. It also says something about 4 months from all footballing activity. Do those 4 months start now? Do the 9 games include club fixtures? Still, not enough. Should have got the full 24.

K33NY

Just watched the FIFA press conference now and they just announced the penalty of the Suarez biting:

Suarez is banned from all kind of football, for 4 months and allso banned for Uruguays next 9 matches, he allso have to pay a big fine, if Suarez should appeal this, the appeal does not suspend the penalty (if I understood correctly.

They are not sure if the non allowance to participate in kind of football activity regards to transfer as well, BUT should he be sold to any club and be allowed to do so, he is not allowed to play, participate or undergo any administrative football for any club.

Blanco

Do the 4 months start now? Means he won't be able to sign for Barcelona.

grandad

Far too lenient. Cop out by FIFA.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Airfix

K33NY

Quote from: K33NY on June 26, 2014, 03:05:16 PM
Just watched the FIFA press conference now and they just announced the penalty of the Suarez biting:

Suarez is banned from all kind of football, for 4 months and allso banned for Uruguays next 9 matches, he allso have to pay a big fine, if Suarez should appeal this, the appeal does not suspend the penalty (if I understood correctly.

They are not sure if the non allowance to participate in kind of football activity regards to transfer as well, BUT should he be sold to any club and be allowed to do so, he is not allowed to play, participate or undergo any administrative football for any club.

I am not sure about this but one journalist asked if it regards training as well as friendly matches and she did not deny this but reffered to administrative football, I gues he is not even allowed to train with Liverpool then for 4 months!

shnlwswlkr

Ridiculous. He has been done for biting 3 players now and also for racist behaviour towards another. Why is this man still allowed to play professional football?
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Blanco

He should have got the 24 game ban. International and club. Plus the 4 months ban. I don't think many would have disagreed even with a 2 year ban. 3rd strike. How many chances does this guy get?

K33NY

I will copy and paste the ban from FIFA here:

Luis Suárez suspended for nine matches and banned for four months from any football-related activity:

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has reached a decision in the case related to Luis Suárez of Uruguay following an incident that occurred during the FIFA World Cup™ match between Italy and Uruguay played on 24 June 2014.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided that:

· The player Luis Suárez is regarded as having breached art. 48 par. 1 lit. d of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC) (assault), and art. 57 of the FDC (an act of unsporting behaviour towards another player).

· The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay's next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team's subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.

· The player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.

· A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suárez in accordance with art. 21 of the FDC as follows: the player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

· The player Luis Suárez is ordered to pay a fine in the amount of CHF 100,000.

The decision was notified to the player and the Uruguayan FA today.

"Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch, and in particular not at a FIFA World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field. The Disciplinary Committee took into account all the factors of the case and the degree of Mr Suárez's guilt in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Code. The decision comes into force as soon it is communicated," said Claudio Sulser, chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee

K33NY

I made a new thread with the full penalty from FIFA in it :)

Blanco

This means Liverpool get to keep him. They'll be happy. Aparently he wanted a move to Barcelona. Ain't gonna happen now haha. If he can't be transferred that is...

Ordar

I assume a transfer would count as football related activity. He's under contract so cant demand a move. I like the all encompassing nature of the ban, but it should have been longer

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Blanco on June 26, 2014, 03:16:29 PM
This means Liverpool get to keep him. They'll be happy. Aparently he wanted a move to Barcelona. Ain't gonna happen now haha. If he can't be transferred that is...

I thought eh could be transferred but the ban was worldwide? Either way will reduce his immediate value and he'll probably stay at Victims FC

Airfix

Well, after the non-story* of Luis Suarez, FIFA are now moving on to weightier matters*! Neymar is now being investigated for wearing prohibited underwear during a World Cup match!!!

*actual levels of "non-story" and "weightier matters" may vary.

:doh:

Ordar

Fifa have confirmed that he can be transferred

Forever Fulham

If you are banned from playing, does the equivalent time on your player contract toll during that period?  I mean, do the next 4 months count against the time left on his Liverpool contract?

Also, here's an interesting article on cheating from an American player's perspective:
http://trove.com/?hash_nav=1#me/content/hcw3y?utm_campaign=td20140625&utm_medium=email&utm_source=toppicks&utm_content=tedigclnx20140625-4116&email=ms8297%40att.com&chid=2505

Skatzoffc

Can he still play Fifa on PS4?
lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: Ordar on June 26, 2014, 03:34:45 PM
Fifa have confirmed that he can be transferred

Good. Hope he at least leaves the Premier League.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Humbled

Fifa would NEVER given the max ban in this situation.
Had they given him 2 years (which in my mind he should have got) he and his lawyer would have appealed it.
Due to fifa's rules this means he could then play whilst the appeal took place. Imagine he had played against Columbia and scored the winner or maybe handled it on the line and then gone on to win - uproar and very embarrassing to fifa. So they gave him a punishment that kept people off their back whilst still allowing saurez to get a better contract etc at a new club.
An absolute joke!!!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

So, if he's still at Liverpool his first game back would be Newcatle v Liverpool (1st Nov)
That gives the fans of Newcasle, Chelsea, Palace, Stoke + 6 teams in December and those that follow, plenty of time to practice and rehearse their songs and chants.
It's the sort of thing that if I was an eccentric millionaire I would plan and donate money to.

Then let's hear the Uruguayan press blame it on the British Media.
Perhaps they should blame it on Beaver for letting the country down, it's likely that they would have lost on Saturday but even more so now.

Having watched the fantastic documentary about Andres Escobar the other day (For those who don't know, he was murdered (indirectly) for scoring an own goal against the USA) I've gotten a bit of a soft spot for Columbia (in the same team were Vallderama, Asprilla and the Scorpion goalie) who all had numerous government body guards.
Anyway, what Suarez did was far worse, say no more
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES