https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Booking Fee

Started by Gezza, July 01, 2014, 02:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: FFCAli on July 02, 2014, 12:46:20 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on July 02, 2014, 12:25:50 PM
I got the charge as well, though I did use a Credit Card as I am overseas. No probs though, 1 and half quid isn't so bad. As for the charges, I noticed the ACTUAL charge was around 25 quid and change, and there was 4-5 quid of extras bunged on top making up to the 30.
Were the "extras" VAT?  That's what I've found when buying tickets and it's fair enough to show how much of the ticket cost is tax.

Yep, the government piece of the pie. Seriously, 20% tax on a bloody membership!!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFCAli

Quote from: Logicalman on July 02, 2014, 12:51:34 PM
I got the charge as well, though I did use a Credit Card as I am overseas. No probs though, 1 and half quid isn't so bad. As for the charges, I noticed the ACTUAL charge was around 25 quid and change, and there was 4-5 quid of extras bunged on top making up to the 30.
Were the "extras" VAT?  That's what I've found when buying tickets and it's fair enough to show how much of the ticket cost is tax.

Yep, the government piece of the pie. Seriously, 20% tax on a bloody membership!!

There's 20% on almost everything.  Have a look at the itemised bill from your next supermarket shop and see how many items are subject to VAT.

Logicalman

Quote from: FFCAli on July 02, 2014, 02:29:51 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on July 02, 2014, 12:51:34 PM

There's 20% on almost everything.  Have a look at the itemised bill from your next supermarket shop and see how many items are subject to VAT.

I will when I'm next over there - here we pay between 0% and 8.5% on most things.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.