watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Booking Fee

Started by Gezza, July 01, 2014, 02:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gezza

Am I the only one who gets irritated by booking fee hidden cost rip-offs.
I have just renewed my " Faithful " membership advertised as £30. When you pay you realise its  actually £31.50 including a £1.50 booking fee. If its £31.50 say its £31.50 not £30.00  Grrrrrrr !
What is the booking fee for in any case with regards to a membership ?
Irritated of Hertfordshire

RaySmith

But if you weren't using a computer you'd have to make a phone call, or post a letter - which would cost.

Should tell you though - but probably does in, the small print.

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on July 01, 2014, 02:32:17 PM
But if you weren't using a computer you'd have to make a phone call, or post a letter - which would cost.

Should tell you though - but probably does in, the small print.
but he is, and can you go to the cottage and buy one, do they charge a booking fee then?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

What do you actually get with this membership lark? Im considering it as going to make plenty of away games this year and want to make sure I get tickets but I'm not convinced...

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 01, 2014, 02:42:18 PM
What do you actually get with this membership lark? Im considering it as going to make plenty of away games this year and want to make sure I get tickets but I'm not convinced...
you get a £1.50 booking fee.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Cravenawin

Wait till you buy four tickets for mates like I did last year. It's £1.50 booking fee per ticket plus postage of £1.50. 1st class stamp is only 60 odd pence. Cost me £7.50 on top. Even Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Egham White

Strange, as I renewed online this morning and just got charged £30.
This is what you get for the £30

http://www.fulhamfc.com/tickets/membership/faithful
Everybody hurts sometime

Rhys Lightning 63

Am I the only one that didn't get charged a booking fee?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Egham White

No, I wasn't either 049:gif
Everybody hurts sometime

Kentish Gent

Absolutely agree - renewed my membership today, and had a (little) go at the girl in the sales office as there was no menition of the hidden - and wholly unnecessary - booking fee.

By the way, I think the club needs to review its phone messaging. The initial voicemail 'welcoming' you to the booking section is about as 'welcoming' as a wet Sunday in Scunthorpe.......

LBNo11

...last season the most tickets I ordered online was eight extra for the Everton game - EACH ticket was subject to a booking fee. I wouldn't mind if it was going to the Fulham of old and into their own coffers, but this is agency costs just to rip Joe Public off...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SouthfieldWhite

If it was £1:50 per booking, I could understand it, but as some have said, its £1:50 per ticket which is a rip off

Wingnut

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 01, 2014, 04:22:57 PM

Was just going to say that. I renewed my membership and I didn't get charged.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Wingnut on July 01, 2014, 06:45:24 PM

My only thought could be that I used a debit card and everyone else used a credit card. That would be my only guess.
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Logicalman

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 01, 2014, 06:55:00 PM

My only thought could be that I used a debit card and everyone else used a credit card. That would be my only guess.

That seems the most logical explanation man!!  :008:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Wingnut

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on July 01, 2014, 06:55:00 PM

Used a debit card too. Must be it alright.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Egham White

Me too, that's solved that one then !
Everybody hurts sometime

Gezza

No doesn't solve problem. I used a debit card and was charged booking fee. I have complained to Fulham and await their response.

Logicalman

I got the charge as well, though I did use a Credit Card as I am overseas. No probs though, 1 and half quid isn't so bad. As for the charges, I noticed the ACTUAL charge was around 25 quid and change, and there was 4-5 quid of extras bunged on top making up to the 30.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

FFCAli

Quote from: Logicalman on July 02, 2014, 12:25:50 PM
I got the charge as well, though I did use a Credit Card as I am overseas. No probs though, 1 and half quid isn't so bad. As for the charges, I noticed the ACTUAL charge was around 25 quid and change, and there was 4-5 quid of extras bunged on top making up to the 30.
Were the "extras" VAT?  That's what I've found when buying tickets and it's fair enough to show how much of the ticket cost is tax.