watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My family don't understand

Started by love4ffc, July 02, 2014, 01:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

My family don't understand what is wrong with me.  They think I need help and maybe some medication.  They can't understand why I was Teary eyed and in a bad mood for weeks when Fulham was relegated and why I was on the verge of tears when the US was eliminated. 

Maybe they are right.  Maybe I take this too serious.  But I can't help it.  I feel like the love of my life just dumped me.  Ripped out my heart and stomped on it. 

Urrrgggg!!!  What a disappointing year this has been! 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

Its not so bad. Costa Rico is a revelation. Hope they beat those diving Dutch. The Germans will eliminate the French and Columbia will shock Brazil. In the final, the Germans will show the Argies as a 4 or 5 man team and restore pride to Europe.  All will be right with the world and a boy will be born of an English woman with a US serviceman father who will have the speed of Yedlin, the eyes for goal of Renaldo and Messi, the height of Burn, the leaping ability of Michael Jordon, the engine of Frankie "Hey Dude" Heduk, the eye for a through ball of Pirlo and play his club ball for Fulham but then declare for America.  :wine:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

Admin

This is natural when you follow something with a passion. Silly as it sounds, Fulham are my life, my first love, and I take them very, very seriously. Win, and my week is happy, lose, and keep away from me for the rest of the week, my other half knows this pattern well.

Yes, it's just a game, yes, it's just a bunch of men kicking a bag of wind around, but these people don't really understand football, and never will.

Fulham is a club, it's not just about the game, it's about passion, the matchday experience, tradition, meeting your friends, the build up, the involvement, the heritage, history, I'm 3rd generation Fulham.

I cried at the Europa League final, not when we lost, but when the game started, so what, it was an emotional time, and possibly the only time I will see my club in a European cup final.

Last season was a complete disaster, I wasn't in tears, but I was bloody angry, I still am now. I've been stressed, I've been down, I've been pissed off, but that's football.

Don't change how how you feel, that's what makes you a fan.  

YankeeJim

Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2014, 01:36:30 AM
This is natural when you follow something with a passion. Silly as it sounds, Fulham are my life, my first love, and I take them very, very seriously. Win, and my week is happy, lose, and keep away from me for the rest of the week, my other half knows this pattern well.

Yes, it's just a game, yes, it's just a bunch of men kicking a bag of wind around, but these people don't really understand football, and never will.

Fulham is a club, it's not just about the game, it's about passion, the matchday experience, tradition, meeting your friends, the build up, the involvement, the heritage, history, I'm 3rd generation Fulham.

I cried at the Europa League final, not when we lost, but when the game started, so what, it was an emotional time, and possibly the only time I will see my club in a European cup final.

Last season was a complete disaster, I wasn't in tears, but I was bloody angry, I still am now. I've been stressed, I've been down, I've been pissed off, but that's football.

:plus one:

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2014, 01:36:30 AM

Admin has just touched on absolutely everything I love about being the fanatical fan that I am - thank you for putting it in perspective so well.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"