watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The old saying goes

Started by Barry White, July 02, 2014, 11:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry White

No easy games in the Premiership.. well looking at the fixture list the same is true of the Championship. Was scrolling down the fixture list today and thought we had quite a tough opening month then realised they're all like it !

Truth be told I've been a bit out of the loop on championship news since we've been in the premiership, didn't realise the size of some of the clubs in there.

Not doom mongering or anything was just thinking it will be some achievement to get out of there at the first time of asking!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/june/18/fixtures-announcement

fulhamben

Yes but you are making the same common mistake as a lot of others.  The size of the club means nothing, or teams like Blackpool would struggle and the Leeds type thrive, when in truth its the complete opposite. Its all about squads, and 18 of those squads failed in there promotion bids last season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

The championship continues to be the most difficult league in the world to be promoted from. There won't be a single game that's a waltz. That's why I'm glad that Felix is in charge. Somebody like Jol could have us in the 3rd tier in record time. Felix, on the other hand, seems to be more of a long-term strategic thinker.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2014, 03:26:24 PM
The championship continues to be the most difficult league in the world to be promoted from. There won't be a single game that's a waltz. That's why I'm glad that Felix is in charge. Somebody like Jol could have us in the 3rd tier in record time. Felix, on the other hand, seems to be more of a long-term strategic thinker.
I wish I could share the faith in Felix that others have. I know he had short term success with some German clubs, but I didn't see anything last year to give me confidence.

Skatzoffc

IMO Mr Magoo had too little time last year. He deserves a chance with our new, young team to prove himself. Or not. We shall see soon enough.
CoYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on July 02, 2014, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2014, 03:26:24 PM
I wish I could share the faith in Felix that others have. I know he had short term success with some German clubs, but I didn't see anything last year to give me confidence.

He had a few games at the end of the season with players that had already given up, I take nothing from that, I will judge him on what he does from now
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Short term success? He won the Bundleupleague 3 times. Maybe he will wear out his welcome he 2-3 seasons but by that time we will be set back in mid table Prem obscurity.  092.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jimpav

If teams like QPR, Reading, Hull and Palace have done it twice then I'm sure we can do it a second time - MAF or no MAF.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Jimpav on July 02, 2014, 06:10:07 PM
If teams like QPR, Reading, Hull and Palace have done it twice then I'm sure we can do it a second time - MAF or no MAF.
Well Khan did say he wanted to start a new chapter for Fulham where better to start than from the championship to give the new fans the same experience we had , with another storming 100 goal season and a title. :wine:

Rupert

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 02, 2014, 07:23:16 PM
with another storming 100 goal season and a title. :wine:

For or against?  086.gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Whitesideup

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 02, 2014, 06:08:59 PM
Short term success? He won the Bundleupleague 3 times. Maybe he will wear out his welcome he 2-3 seasons but by that time we will be set back in mid table Prem obscurity.  092.gif

And Avram Grant was quite successful with Chelsea......  Bayern biggest team in Germany by a stretch, and if I recall correctly, Wolfsburg were the big money spenders of the Bundesliga. If he was so successful there, explain his departure to me...

But note: we all have to give Felix a chance. We have no choice. He is now rebuilding the whole team, tasked with getting us back. We have the advantage of parachute payments, and a great crop of young players. Despite odd decisions last year, I will keep an open mind.

Martinsback

"Do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say that one day he won't become a dragon?". That was the old saying in my house anyway....

Barry White

Definitely can't blame Felix for last year or really use it as a glimpse to his ability. The only thing that really vexed me was playing Burn at right back at Stoke ! other than that he didn't do a lot wrong and we have to get behind him and the newbies - whoever they might be!