watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VOSER JOINS !

Started by Sammyffc, July 02, 2014, 05:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Has made only 48 appearances in 3 seasons with basel - so don' t get too excited people.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 02, 2014, 06:45:47 PM
Has made only 48 appearances in 3 seasons with basel - so don' t get too excited people.

He played most of last season when they won the league and were in the Champions League.  We're in the Championship.  That's a fair reason to get excited.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Legate21 on July 02, 2014, 05:30:19 PM
Age should not be a problem when we have players like Passley looking very promising as a RB and I'm sure there are other LBs in the reserves and under 18s. A friend of mine from university knows Jordan Evans fairly well, and said that Jordan has enjoyed playing at LB in the under 18s even though he started out as a winger.
He did come in to his own in that position, saw him end of last year playing lone striker role in one game the next he played left back and as the season progressed looked very comfortable there. He is tall and fast and good instinct when to overlap and when to defend. Give him another year and a bit he could be knocking on the door.

kiwiwaka

We're signing players who have played in the Champions League, and are under 30 while we are in the Championship - yet some people still aren't pleased. We'd have been happy with this in the Premiership! Not sure what i'd take to make everyone happy, haha!

Sounds a good signing, versatile and quick. Reading elsewhere a quote;

"I'm not FC Basel Supporter (but FC Zurich - big rival) and follow the SuperLeague for years: Voser is a right footed player and usually starts in defence on the right side, but could plays also on the left. He was injured for quite some time last season (and it wasn't the first time), but came back, and gained pretty quick a regular spot on the Basel-team. He's pretty fast with and without the ball and has a very reliable fighting spirit. Also he seems to be pretty intelligent (if you listen to his interviews), but is also kind of a sensitive guy (needs a team, not a man that looks for public attention)."

Sounds promising.

Blanco

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on July 02, 2014, 06:45:47 PM
He was out for a season due to Injury

ealex40

Quote from: jmh on July 02, 2014, 05:10:36 PM
Quote from: PeterFFC on July 02, 2014, 05:07:21 PM
Never heard of him before. Is he a Centre Back then?
At 5' 5.5" I hope not.  

Football-lineups.com says he's played a fairly even split of right back and left back for Basel.  Primarily left back in 2012/13, primarily right back in 2013/14.

Edit to add link:
http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/4517/
According to the Basel official website, he is 5ft 8.5ins tall. In comparison, Sascha Riether is 5ft 9ins........so little to choose, is there? Except the new guy is 4 years younger.

Blanco

Few comments I read about him online. Sounds promising...

"Such an amazing player... Love how he always fights and always gives everything for his team!"

"Scary right foot for his league!!"

"Saw him against Schalke. Very good player!"

Martinsback

Another old bloke! What is going on..we need players around the 13/14 years bracket not people in their 20s who should be pensioned off. Come on Felix sort it out!

K33NY

Quote from: Martinsback on July 02, 2014, 08:48:22 PM
Another old bloke! What is going on..we need players around the 13/14 years bracket not people in their 20s who should be pensioned off. Come on Felix sort it out!

27 years, is at least much better than signing some 32 year old throwout from QPR..... at age 27 it at least gives him 3-4 maybe 5 seasons with us, should be enough to get us up at least while Felix have even youngers from our academy as reserves etc :)

Nero

yea and hes plays right and left back talk about cutting cost having a bloke play 2 position in one game

PeterFFC

Quote from: Blanco on July 02, 2014, 08:47:58 PM
Few comments I read about him online. Sounds promising...

"Such an amazing player... Love how he always fights and always gives everything for his team!"

"Scary right foot for his league!!"

"Saw him against Schalke. Very good player!"

That second one is a automated comment (not made by human) which post on hundreds of players on the website

MrProphet

We have spent the last three/four seasons buying players over 32 and apparently a 27 year old who was a regular in a top side and the champions league and he's to old.

I would have been very happy with this being a premiership signing but we are in the championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterFFC

With the 1st team players according to the official website our average age is now 25.27
Once you add in the players who will be promoted to the 1st team and ones likely to go we could have one of the youngest squads around.

The Rock

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28136295

Apparently another champions league quality defender from FC Basel who had played for Magath previously.

If the new squad is made up of wonder kids and Champions League footballers I'd be ok with that.

cmg

Good move.

As he can play left and right back having two of them will come in handy.

filham

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 02, 2014, 05:10:21 PM
he is a left back apparently :)
Hope you are right, we really need a left back but the club announcement doesn't state his best playing position.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: PeterFFC on July 02, 2014, 09:22:45 PM
With the 1st team players according to the official website our average age is now 25.27
Once you add in the players who will be promoted to the 1st team and ones likely to go we could have one of the youngest squads around.

Its refreshing isnt it, as long as they play better than the old man bridage. Which is almost certain

Martinsback

Quote from: Nero on July 02, 2014, 08:57:20 PM

yea and hes plays right and left back talk about cutting cost having a bloke play 2 position in one game

I suppose the next signing will be a striker/goal keeper who will have to run the whole length of the pitch to turn his own goal kick into a goal...this is beyond a joke Felix...sort it out!

Martinsback

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 02, 2014, 09:56:43 PM
Quote from: PeterFFC on July 02, 2014, 09:22:45 PM

Its refreshing isnt it, as long as they play better than the old man bridage. Which is almost certain

I think that anyone tainted will the failure of last year has had their chips!

Martinsback

Quote from: K33NY on July 02, 2014, 08:56:30 PM

27 years, is at least much better than signing some 32 year old throwout from QPR..... at age 27 it at least gives him 3-4 maybe 5 seasons with us, should be enough to get us up at least while Felix have even youngers from our academy as reserves etc :)

I know but some people want them straight out of the juniors!