watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

WCF: Quarter-Finals - All Countries

Started by Logicalman, July 02, 2014, 06:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Manu kudos to the Costa Ricans. They played their hearts out without resorting to cheap shots and diving. The better team won but not the classier one. Roben is a little like Suarez without the teeth & hair. He's a cheat but he was still running hard at 120 minutes while Van Perse was strolling ala Berbatov.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Deanothefulhamfan

Tactical masterstroke from one of the best managers in the game. I feel for Coata Rica, they have been nothing short of excellent throughout this tournament.

Excellent semi final lineup though

bog

What a display by these supposed minnows. Gutted for them. Okay Holland missed many chance and hit the bar and post but that is not CR's fault. Supremely organised they got better in extra time and so close to a winner right at the death. Compare with our pampered rubbish. As for Krul he should have been booked for acute gamesmanship. No doubt he coming on threw Costa Rica. What a tournament we have seen.

092.gif

domprague

Without wishing to sound like we're in a playground, Brazil started it.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

costarican white

Thanks for the kudos, a tournament to remember for all of us the ticos definitely, starting with that bloody dead group we had, the unforgettable match versus Greece with one 10 men, finishing with those penalties against Holland, they are by far a better team and deserved to go through, we did the best we could possible with the few resources we have and even then they couldn't beat us in 120 minutes. We are very proud of our guys and there are no sad tears to drop.

I expect to see a few CR players playing in the EPL this season, Bryan is being linked with a bunch of teams over there, and I'm sure Gamboa, Tejeda, Gonzalez and Campbell  have the quality to do well over there. Looks like Navas is going to Bayern or Atletico, ths is huge for us.

This might sound acquiescent but I really hope not to have to face England in Russia, that's a very promising young team you have there, we already see many moments of quality and I'm sure we'll have more of that in two years in France 2016 as well.

Finally, my best wishes for the future both for England and Fulham, I'll definitely stay tuned and will celebrate a quick return to the EPL, the place you actually belong.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

SP

Quote from: bog on July 06, 2014, 09:46:29 AM
What a display by these supposed minnows. Gutted for them. Okay Holland missed many chance and hit the bar and post but that is not CR's fault. Supremely organised they got better in extra time and so close to a winner right at the death. Compare with our pampered rubbish. As for Krul he should have been booked for acute gamesmanship. No doubt he coming on threw Costa Rica. What a tournament we have seen.

092.gif

I was really disappointed by Krul's behaviour. Then, to make matters worse, he's still gloating about it to the press, I thought he was better than that.

Logicalman

Quote from: SP on July 07, 2014, 08:48:03 PM
Quote from: bog on July 06, 2014, 09:46:29 AM

092.gif

I was really disappointed by Krul's behaviour. Then, to make matters worse, he's still gloating about it to the press, I thought he was better than that.

I have to agree. Don't get me wrong, I believe the Dutch deserved the win following what I perceived to be CR's 30 minute display of time wasting (1 minute extra time ref?), but when Krul approached the penalty-taker and was talking to him, I felt it was poor judgement, and, yet again, it's up to the ref to stop that kind of behaviour, and yet again, another ref failed.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Shredhead

Quote from: costarican white on July 07, 2014, 04:29:29 PM
Thanks for the kudos, a tournament to remember for all of us the ticos definitely, starting with that bloody dead group we had, the unforgettable match versus Greece with one 10 men, finishing with those penalties against Holland, they are by far a better team and deserved to go through, we did the best we could possible with the few resources we have and even then they couldn't beat us in 120 minutes. We are very proud of our guys and there are no sad tears to drop.

I expect to see a few CR players playing in the EPL this season, Bryan is being linked with a bunch of teams over there, and I'm sure Gamboa, Tejeda, Gonzalez and Campbell  have the quality to do well over there. Looks like Navas is going to Bayern or Atletico, ths is huge for us.

This might sound acquiescent but I really hope not to have to face England in Russia, that's a very promising young team you have there, we already see many moments of quality and I'm sure we'll have more of that in two years in France 2016 as well.

Finally, my best wishes for the future both for England and Fulham, I'll definitely stay tuned and will celebrate a quick return to the EPL, the place you actually belong.
I was gutted that CR got knocked out. Not only did I enjoy watching one of our players showing his potential but the fight the whole team showed was phenomenal. My 8 year old daughter luckily drew CR in her class (non betting) sweepstake and has had to do a project about the country. She chose (yes, really) to do a Powerpoint. She's a season ticket holder at the Cottage so I'm trying to get her to big up Bryan. My wife and I visited CR in 1996 so I've also been filling her with lots of facts about volcanos, sloths and lack of an army. It's going to be one of those 'death by powerpoint' sessions!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Logicalman

Quote from: Shredhead on July 07, 2014, 11:14:24 PM

I was gutted that CR got knocked out. Not only did I enjoy watching one of our players showing his potential but the fight the whole team showed was phenomenal. My 8 year old daughter luckily drew CR in her class (non betting) sweepstake and has had to do a project about the country. She chose (yes, really) to do a Powerpoint. She's a season ticket holder at the Cottage so I'm trying to get her to big up Bryan. My wife and I visited CR in 1996 so I've also been filling her with lots of facts about volcanos, sloths and lack of an army. It's going to be one of those 'death by powerpoint' sessions!

Good job, especially getting her into using PP so early, setting her up for the future.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Shredhead

Quote from: Logicalman on July 07, 2014, 11:42:00 PM
Quote from: Shredhead on July 07, 2014, 11:14:24 PM

Good job, especially getting her into using PP so early, setting her up for the future.
She gave her presentation today and it went really well.  One of the other classmates asked how long it took her and she answered '2 days' which was about right!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC