watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC Dissertation - Help Required Please

Started by FFC Dissertation, June 03, 2010, 01:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC Dissertation

LOL Scrumpy! Yeah thats exactly what im trying to do and am running out of time!  :002:

Thanks for your answers. Just wondering from what you say though what you thought of the influx of Japanese fans when we had Inamoto playing for us. From my point of view I dont see many Japanese fans at the cottage these days and I would question whether this is because Ina no longer plays for us? Obviously this may not be the case and there are all sorts of reasons why fans stop attending games, however how do you feel if that is/was the case and if we had an influx of say Samoan fans becasue we signed a samoan? Do you think there are any boundaries which make up whether or not you are a fulham fan?

TonyGilroy

I think it's a matter of personal perspective. If a Japanese person comes to Fulham to see Inamoto he's not yet a Fulham supporter but may well become one. If he lapses after Ina leaves then all you can say is that for a while he was a supporter. I don't have a problem with that.

I don't feel that there's a test that people should be expected to pass. Almost by definition those of us who are on this board are hardcore but it's not necessary, for me, that others be as committed.

FFC Dissertation

Ok, thanks Tony. I appreciate your perspective.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I'll give it a go

1.Can you think of any specific criteria that someone would have to meet in order to become a Fulham fan?

Understanding and heart,we are never going to be a top four team,we will always be the under dog,if you are a glory hunter you've got the wrong club.If you understand that as a club we will always be up against it(and this makes the highs very high and the lows easier to take"just") but get behind the club anyway because you feel a connection to the club that'll do for me-not that my opinion matters as it's an individual choice,as long as it matters to you great-if not their is a bunch of muppets down the street you can support :dft012:

2.What does a fan have to do in order to be considered or accepted as a 'True' Fulham fan?

care for & love the club-their will always be older,longer serving fans,the thing that links us all is we all have to have a first game,so stop wasting time and get down to the Cottage :clap_hands: :dft012:

3.Can you think of any examples of when you or someone else has been excluded or prevented from supporting Fulham?
(This could be by other fans, members of the public, club officials, government officials etc or anything esle)
trouble makers are correctly banned from the Cottage,they possibly will still be fans just banned from the ground

the questions do seem strange,you have to understand that the fans connection with each other is that they all feel strongly about this odd little club by the river-they could be born into it,found it by chance(me) or tuned into the tv in a far away country and thought "that'll do for me",the thing that matters,the ONLY thing that matters is that we all love our club :clap_hands: