watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads - Ross McCormack signs

Started by Fernhurst, July 08, 2014, 07:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

He is a player that can player with a Woodrow or a Rodders type player. I am not counting Kosta because he hasn't shown what sort of player he is. McCormack is really our first signing. Fulham have been papering over bits of the peeling squad up to now. Hopefully we can entice others  knowing we mean to have a go first time. Big gamble and one we should fully support.

Welcome.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

Hopefully a Saha-type inspired signing - still can't put this into perspective with the sacking of half the staff - but it is certainly a hell of a statement of intent from Mr Khan - now let's flog Ruiz asap as only one year left on his contract

Blanco

Undisclosed fee is the official announcement so don't pay to much attention to the media.

I'm so glad he signed I shouted out! Stuff leeds and their little letter about Ross. Fans must be pissed haha.

filham

McCormack, Mitroglou, Rodallega, Dembele, Woodrow, Trotta, six strikers now on our books and generally we play with a lone striker ??? Surely he next move is to offload a few of these.

Ordar

Fulham really should have released his squad number along with the signing. Would have most likely boosted kit sales.

I'm really looking forward to the new season. Felix likes battlers and we will need that in this division. Shame Will Hughes signed a new deal at Derby. Would have been a good signing. Anyone fancy Craig Bryson from Derby? Apparently he had a blinding year last year.

Admin

:Happy New Year 2: Just goes to show, shite club what ever division they're in. Still getting one over them even after relegation  :wine:

Craven Mad

Quote from: Ordar on July 08, 2014, 10:34:41 AM
Fulham really should have released his squad number along with the signing. Would have most likely boosted kit sales.

I'm really looking forward to the new season. Felix likes battlers and we will need that in this division. Shame Will Hughes signed a new deal at Derby. Would have been a good signing. Anyone fancy Craig Bryson from Derby? Apparently he had a blinding year last year.

Didn't Bryson just sign a 5 year contract?

I'd take him, but not sure he's available..

Tom_FFC

Quote from: filham on July 08, 2014, 10:31:28 AM
McCormack, Mitroglou, Rodallega, Dembele, Woodrow, Trotta, six strikers now on our books and generally we play with a lone striker ??? Surely he next move is to offload a few of these.

You missed Adam Taggart as well who I'm sure didn't sign to sit on the bench.

K33NY

I was asked this question today: Are you happy with the signing of McCormack? my answer was: I am happy we have a striker that "proved" he can score, am I happy we payed (if rumors are true) 11mill£? No I am not, he have had to many variable seasons, but was topscorer last season, wich is good, maybe he proves me wrong but for 11mill£ you get a certain pressure on yourself, and the question for me is, is McCroamck up to that pressure? Maybe. I hope so.

So yes in total I am happy but for 11mill£ I think we could have got someone better, and a bit younger (not that 27 is old) but I would much more sign Rhodes instead of McCormack.

I hope you prove me wrong McCormack!

Airfix

Quote from: Ordar on July 08, 2014, 10:34:41 AM

Bet he gets 44.

Squad numbers don't get decided yet, however.

AlexH

The sort of statement of intent we needed to make.

Shahid Khan deserves credit for splashing the cash and I think it's another impressive summer signing. You have to imagine this spells the end for Mitroglou and Ruiz but I think there's at least potential for McCormack, Rodallega and Woodrow to scored 50 goals between them.

My confidence is growing and I think if we sort this deal for the Greek LB and bring in a classy CM then we're looking in good shape.

Airfix

Quote from: K33NY on July 08, 2014, 10:42:08 AM
I was asked this question today: Are you happy with the signing of McCormack? my answer was: I am happy we have a striker that "proved" he can score, am I happy we payed (if rumors are true) 11mill£? No I am not, he have had to many variable seasons, but was topscorer last season, wich is good, maybe he proves me wrong but for 11mill£ you get a certain pressure on yourself, and the question for me is, is McCroamck up to that pressure? Maybe. I hope so.

So yes in total I am happy but for 11mill£ I think we could have got someone better, and a bit younger (not that 27 is old) but I would much more sign Rhodes instead of McCormack.

I hope you prove me wrong McCormack!

Got asked very similar questions.  Answered the same to the first.  To the second, I replied, "I don't pay attention to media rumour on his fee, the club are not disclosing it so we can't judge what it is.  However, I suspect that there are a huge number of add-on clauses - such as scoring quota and promotion clause - that the final fee will only be high if he helps get us back into the top flight.  If he does that, money (whatever volume it is) well spent!"

FortCollinsFulham

Quite the sign of intent by Khan and the suits. Very good to see.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

Lighthouse

RUMOUR - 7-8 million plus add ons. RUMOUR - Player turned down late bit by Prem club (said to be QPR BY a Leeds fan Tweet) RUMOUR - Player turned down other Prem clubs.

FACT - Player is now a Fulham player. REJOICE
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bedford White

Fulham76

Not surprising is it? Who, realistically is going to chose that little lot over us, even if we are in the division below? Playing in the half empty little dump getting battered every week with them or joining a promotion push at everyone's favourite stadium with us? No contest.
They're a horrible, old fashioned little club of wannabe's! If they were human, pretty sure they'd have a face most people would want to slap!

Rhys Lightning 63

Am I the only one that wonders what the hell kind of formation we're gonna be playing next year
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Craven Mad

Quite reassuring that a team that played against him last year think he's good enough for the Prem.

fulham1611

Fantastic signing for us. Yes, the transfer fee does seem steep, but as many have highlighted, it wouldn't be a shock if it was actually £8m upfront.

It must be remembered that now that we have dropped down a tier, the chances of signing an unknown talent from a foreign league for a fraction of the price has significantly decreased, due to a lack of player desire to join. Therefore, the safest option is to acquire a player who is known to score goals, even if his price tag is inflated.

Andy S

Is that not a little bit hard on them There is an old saying that you can't polish a turd. But they have had a good try.