watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we got enough

Started by Andy S, July 08, 2014, 10:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Obviously with a month to go before the season begins this is hypothetical  but how would we fare next season with our current squad?

Northern Cottager

I think we need a new winger or two. If Dejagah goes and Kaca is unpredictable we may struggle on the wings. I may be forgetting someone though?

Lighthouse

Forwards and keepers we seem to be catered for now. But midfield and defence is still iffy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ordar

CM is the main issue for me. The rest of the positions seem fine. Still looking for that playmaker

Craven Mad

Quote from: Ordar on July 08, 2014, 10:28:45 AM
CM is the main issue for me. The rest of the positions seem fine. Still looking for that playmaker

Same for me. We can make do elsewhere, but (as most have been saying for a long time) not replacing the creativity of Murphy has been a massive factor in our downfall.

Henri Lansbury should be top of Ali Mac's list.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 08, 2014, 10:16:46 AM
I think we need a new winger or two. If Dejagah goes and Kaca is unpredictable we may struggle on the wings. I may be forgetting someone though?

I think the Championship is Kaca's level tbh, so he should do reasonably well for us next year.  Will need to look to replace him though.  CM is where it's at, we need someone who isn't 30+ or under 21.

AlexH

Seal the deal for the Greek LB and bring in a classy CM and I would say that is just about enough to keep us ticking over until January.

K33NY

Any news on Kasami? he keeps posting pictures from beaches somewhere, is he with Fulham practising or is he still in greece talking with Olympiakos? :P I hope he stays cus he could be vital for us in Championship!

Craven Mad

Quote from: AlexH on July 08, 2014, 10:47:20 AM
Seal the deal for the Greek LB and bring in a classy CM and I would say that is just about enough to keep us ticking over until January.

That sounds perfect!

Two Ton Ted

Agree about Lansbury. Just the player we are looking for.

Kasami and the other World Cup players are not due back yet, interesting to see who doesn't turn up at Motspur Park.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Lighthouse

We happy with central defence?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 08, 2014, 11:22:57 AM
Agree about Lansbury. Just the player we are looking for.

Kasami and the other World Cup players are not due back yet, interesting to see who doesn't turn up at Motspur Park.

Was Kasami at the World Cup!!?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 08, 2014, 11:26:48 AM
We happy with central defence?

Yea, good point. Amore, Burn and Hutchinson...probably need another 1-2.

Delboy

George Williams will break through this year, been impressed by him every time I've seen him. Quick, direct and willing to take defenders on.

Zu-Meister

Our defence situation will be sorted with one new addition at left back
: New LB, Amorebieta, Burn, Hutchinson, Hoogland, Voser, Zverotic, Grimmer.

Midfield is where we need to concentrate now, Parker and Tunnicliffe is not enough.

Wingers, there were rumours of richardson and dejagah off. If so we will need to strengthen.
: Dejagah, Richardson.      Roberts, George Williams, Ryan Williams, Kacaniklic.

Strikers we have plenty: Mitroglou, Ruiz, Taggart, Mccormack, Rodallega, Woodrow, and Dembele.

I'm pretty sure we will be playing Magaths speciality 4-4-2. One holding mid, one attacking.

Craven Mad

My complete wish list: Harry Maguire, Chalobah, Lansbury, and that Greek LB.

That would be the team done, IMO. The only possible addition we may need after that would be a backup keeper (if Joronen or Betinelli go on loan).

Deanothefulhamfan

I think David and Parker will be enough in central midfield.... Tunnicliffe, Kasami and LVC as cover.

Although in truth I would have Tunnicliffe and David

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 08, 2014, 12:01:56 PM
I think David and Parker will be enough in central midfield.... Tunnicliffe, Kasami and LVC as cover.

David cant play as a centre mid in a two man midfield. Either in a three man midfield, or out wide, or second striker.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 08, 2014, 12:08:43 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 08, 2014, 12:01:56 PM

David cant play as a centre mid in a two man midfield. Either in a three man midfield, or out wide, or second striker.

You're right, but I think it's likely we'll see a diamond four-man midfield (like Chelsea under first-tenure Mourinho; Makalele in CDM, Lamps in CAM). We'd have Tunni at CDM and David at CAM.

Something like:

Stock
  Hoog - Hutch -  Burn - Amore
                  Tunni
Roberts           -             Williams
                  David
           Ross    -   Cauley

Deanothefulhamfan

Someone mentioned that he can play in a 2 man midfield but in a more advanced role, which will of course not be a problem if he has a parker or preferaby tunnicliffe playing alongside him.

I like Craven's team but I would prefer Dejegah and Richardson on the wings