watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My FFC Player Analysis

Started by Ordar, June 14, 2010, 11:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

As I got ridiculed on the offal for this, I thought I'd try and have an actual discussion on here! My thoughts on our players after match day 1

1) Dikgacoi - Outstanding I thought, excellent pass for the SA goal. Got stuck in and his distribution was decent. Much better than Etuhu in my opinion. Should be given the DM spot next year 9/10

2) Pantsil - I thought the whole Ghana team played well. Johnny was his usual exuberant self, punctuated by one hell of a challenge late in the game. Followed by a customary lap of honor 8/10

3) Dempsey - Scored the fortuitous goal, but along with Donovan caused problems coming off the wings. Similar to the way our wingers work. 8/10

4) Etuhu - Did ok. His ability to tackle but inability to pass shone throughout. Didnt get much help from a poor Nigeria team. 6/10

5) Schwarzer - Had a fairly bad game, but was left totally exposed by some shocking defending. Totally at fault for the second goal, and perhaps should have done better with the first (although was hit hard). Made a couple decent saves though. Looked shakey 4/10

Will be interesting to see how Senderos gets on against Villa and Torres.

blingo

very unfair on Schwarter  otherwise pretty much spot on.

Airfix

Agree with blingo.  Schwartzer was left exposed time and again and actually put in some decent saves.  I don't think anyone could have stopped that first one.  Anyone getting behind it would have gone into the net with the ball.

The Equalizer

That was tough on Schwarzer. I thought he was the best player on the pitch for the Aussies. The first and second goals were unstoppable, so I can't blame him for letting them in.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Pants I think was caught out once but I agree he did have a great game. Etuhu was up against an Argentina side, not a great side, but Argentina none the less.

Swart is an interesting one. I have on here said the Swart has been showing signs of dropping below his best near the end of last season. He maybe should have done better for the first and was just too slow coming out for the second. But he is a great shot stopper so maybe a 7 out of 10 would be my mark.

Again I have said on here that I like Dika and think he will take over in central midfield for us and some point next season. He has more to learn and his need to go forward and support sometimes pulls him out of position but at least he is able to play both going forward and defending. Etuhu is not so mobile and frankly spends too much time playing little passes to no effect.

So pretty much a fair assessment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Agree with you apart from Schwarzer. If he had stayed in the goal for the second goal it would have gone in anyway. The aussie defence was just dire.

I thought Etuhu was poor, was quite amusing seeing him get megged by Messi.

Dikgacoi's through ball was phenomenal, every bit as good as the finish for the goal.

Burt

Seems a pretty fair assessment Mr Ordar sir... Can't understand why you getting ridiculed on the offal...

TonyGilroy

I think you have to factor in the quality of the opposition.

Dikachoi was excellent.  Against Mexico.

Etuhu was playing against Messi, Tevez, Veron etc. Far tougher assignment. He was playing in a 2 man central midfield against a 4-3-3 and complained later that the Nigerians had not been training at altitude.

Schwarzer clearly should have come for the second goal and very possibly done better for the first. If that performance were all we knew of him we wouldn't be wanting him playing for Fulham.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 14, 2010, 12:29:24 PM

I think you have to factor in the quality of the opposition.

Dikachoi was excellent.  Against Mexico.

Etuhu was playing against Messi, Tevez, Veron etc. Far tougher assignment. He was playing in a 2 man central midfield against a 4-3-3 and complained later that the Nigerians had not been training at altitude.

Schwarzer clearly should have come for the second goal and very possibly done better for the first. If that performance were all we knew of him we wouldn't be wanting him playing for Fulham.

No blame for Schwarzer for the first, it was an 82mph rocket! He actually did well to get a hand on it

TonyGilroy

Maybe but in cricket 82mph isn't particularly fast. From a similar distance batters are supposed to whack the ball away.

If he got something behind it I reckon he'd be disappointed (as they say) not to keep it out.

BestOfBrede

Awful I know but...
It could be good that Schwarz had a bad 'un - It might put the Arse' off !! :dft012: