watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nevland starting?

Started by alfie, January 31, 2010, 06:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Can someone please explain why Nevland started ahead of Gera, we have all seen how well Gera plays just behind Zamora. In my opinion i think Nevland was just a waste of a player, contributed absolutely nothing.
Another thing why does Duff not run at players that was always his game, or is it he does not have the confidence any more.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

As you said. Gera plays behing Zamora. We were at home and should be playing 2 up top and attacking. Gera still gives away possesion too cheaply and needs to be reminded his place isn't secure. I'd rather play 442 that 451

alfie

fair enough Leonfc, understand what you are saying but, we were getting success with Gera sitting off Zamora, Nevland was never ever in the game, i think he is a much better player when he comes on for last 20 mins
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

I know what you are saying Alfie but this highlights the fact that we need a top striker and not soemone that fits into Woys 'work ethic' type of player

cebu

Quote from: alfie on January 31, 2010, 06:50:54 PM
Another thing why does Duff not run at players that was always his game, or is it he does not have the confidence any more.

He doesn't have the pace any more to leave his marker standing.

Hazey

I would of preferred to see Zamora and Gera to start yesterday, with Riise on the wing.

As said previously Nev is better off the bench and has laways seemed lost when he has started games.

Sure Riise has made a couple of mistakes against Spurs, but he would of learnt from the humiliation of seeing the highlight of Modric picking his pocket and always seem energetic and keen to impress.  Atleast then they would also have has some pace to worry about, as it was we looked benign whenever we had the ball and gave them nothing to cover or worry about.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club