watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

From the leeds web site

Started by Andy S, July 10, 2014, 08:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

" Parachute payments for me are unfair competition. I think there may be 9 clubs in the Championship with them this year. When players are signing contracts in the PL it should be written into the contract their wages are cut if they drop to the Championship. With each passing year promotion is becoming more difficult for clubs like us even if we do invest properly in the squad. There should be a level playing field"

Lets be honest there is no such thing as a level playing field in football. When Leeds were in the Premier they spent money they did not have to attempt to make it to the Champions League. That almost saw them bankrupt. Sorry but I have no sympathy

FPT

So we're just supposed to take a HUGE loss in consistent revenue we've had for 13 years? The parachute payments are there to cover your loss of revenue and by the time it goes and you're still a Championship club, you should be built for the Championship.

If we don't receive parachute payments, we're in all sorts of financial issues... They're essentially saying that they'd like us to do a Leeds and go into administration.

cmg

Shouldn't have joined if you can't take a joke. (Response to Leeds fan)

The alternative would be for the existing PL clubs to vote themselves a closed shop (just like in the US of A) which gets rid of the parachute problem.

Burt

Actually I can sympathise with where that person is coming from...the distortion created by TV revenue and the concentration of the associated monies going to comparatively few clubs is a massive issue, it is behind the stupidity of the football market which is now characterized by high transfer fees and ludicrous wages at the top end, and many clubs living well beyond their means.

There is much that is wrong with the football business...

Lighthouse

Well until the day comes when football doesn't rely on owners to pay for the clubs existence. We will just have to put up with the fact that the rich clubs have more money. When Leeds were top of the pile, they had money and we were fighting for survival. Few Leeds fans cared about financial injustice then. The game has changed now and these are the rules. The fault lies with the clubs who managed to have it all and waste it from a position of strength.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope