1 (2.5%)
10 (25%)
15 (37.5%)
4+
14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 37

J.Perkins

Hello posters,

I was recently told about this forum from a fellow supporter, where chat about everything Fulham happens. I see many of you have thousands of posts, so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

I thought i might start with a poll, how many more players do we need to sign?

I'm, personally, extremely happy with the transfers we have done. Magath has really made his team, with the defence almost unrecognisable. Our attack is sorted, for one, I hope Mitroglou leaves, just think of it a bad dream. The midfield however is lacking leadership and a defensive side. I don't see Parker playing 46 games, and for that reason, I believe we need an 'Etuhu', just to hold the ball up.

What do you think?

Cheers lads, and ladettes.

CincyFulham1

Welcome JP, glad to have you here.

J.Perkins

Lighthouse

Hi and welcome

I think we are three players short of a first team at least. We are looking good squad wise but I would like a centre half and central midfielder or two at least. Plus any squad players to help with the depth.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

J.Perkins

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2014, 01:45:08 PM
Hi and welcome

I think we are three players short of a first team at least. We are looking good squad wise but I would like a centre half and central midfielder or two at least. Plus any squad players to help with the depth.

I think the depth in the squad can come from the youth, but I understand that more transfers would be no detriment. I'd be happy with Hutchinson and Burn starting, with Nando covering and then use Grimmer and other youth now and then. All these transfers are being done early, so there is still loads of time to expand the squad.

ByTheRiver

Welcome, fella.

I'm a long term lurker myself. Lurked for ages, registered, then lurked again. Made the decision to post more from now on. This is the best FFC board there is. Easy.

Oh, and I'll go with 3 more players ideally. 2 CMs (one creative, one destroyer) and a wide player (I think Kaca and Dejagah will leave, hoping Richardson stays).

That said, I'm very happy with the business done so far. This is going to be a good season, chaps!

049:gif

J.Perkins

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 10, 2014, 01:58:16 PM
Welcome, fella.

I'm a long term lurker myself. Lurked for ages, registered, then lurked again. Made the decision to post more from now on. This is the best FFC board there is. Easy.

Oh, and I'll go with 3 more players ideally. 2 CMs (one creative, one destroyer) and a wide player (I think Kaca and Dejagah will leave, hoping Richardson stays).

That said, I'm very happy with the business done so far. This is going to be a good season, chaps!

049:gif

Cheers mate. I too want to become a regular poster, I might go a bit overboard though with the posts. I don't think Kaca will leave, this is his last chance though. Dejagah is in the dark, I have no idea what he will do. I really hope Richardson stays, was one of our best players last season. Magath is making his team, and has done what Jol failed to do in years. I'm excited for this season and hopefully, we'll be back in the big time soon.

Airfix

Welcome to the board!  May I direct you to this post where you can find out about who is on here and, perhaps, tell us a little more about yourself?

J.Perkins

Quote from: Airfix on July 10, 2014, 02:37:52 PM
Welcome to the board!  May I direct you to this post where you can find out about who is on here and, perhaps, tell us a little more about yourself?

That be good thanks mate

Pluto

Welcome to FoF buddy! :)

On topic, I'd say we need two more signings, a central midfielder and another winger (preferably one who can also play in the middle as backup). It all depends on whether we keep the likes of Ruiz, Richardson (looks like he's off), Dejagah and Mitroglou though.

crazycottager

i say we need a Good CM to guard parker, and a good winger to support

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

Welcome JP, enjoy the board.

I am fine with the transfers made to date, but for me the key outstanding hole we have is for a creative midfield dynamo, Murphy style.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Burt on July 10, 2014, 05:35:04 PM
Welcome JP, enjoy the board.

I am fine with the transfers made to date, but for me the key outstanding hole we have is for a creative midfield dynamo, Murphy style.

Cheers mate. I agree, we do need a creator that plays deep, but I think a more holding defensive centre mid is more vital. We someone to help that very new, and inexperienced defence. An updated version of the old Murphy/Etuhu combo would be great.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Pluto on July 10, 2014, 03:54:50 PM
Welcome to FoF buddy! :)

On topic, I'd say we need two more signings, a central midfielder and another winger (preferably one who can also play in the middle as backup). It all depends on whether we keep the likes of Ruiz, Richardson (looks like he's off), Dejagah and Mitroglou though.

Thanks mate. I agree with the CM, and now that Richardson is deemed to be leaving, a new winger could be needed. With the high chance that Dejagah does go, I'd like to see someone more similar to him, than say Kaca, who is decent infront of goal.

FPT

Right now? A winger, a central midfielder and a centre back.

If we lose Dejagah, Ruiz, Mitroglou, Richardson and Stekelenburg? Above with a utility man and a goalkeeper.

Set it out by positions with players placed where they can play:

Goalkeeper: Stockdale plus a back up, allows Bettinelli and Joronen to go out on loan.

Right back: Hoogland and Zverotic, seems like Voser is seen as our starting right back though, Grimmer/Passley can go out on loan.

Centre back: Hutchinson, Burn, Amorebieta. Two left sided, Maguire would be some signing.

Left back: Stafylidis. Though Voser and Amorebieta can play there.

Right wing: If Dejagah leaves, we're left with Roberts and Kacaniklic, though David could play there, wouldn't be against that. Ryan Williams has been putting in the minutes, but expect him to go out on loan again.

Central midfield: Parker, Tunnicliffe, David - two workers, one technical player. Certainly need one more, we need a quarterback.

Left wing: Kacaniklic and George Williams. At this stage, I'd probably go for Williams, Kacaniklic is shot of confidence and George probably has more potential in a few years, as well as better productivity now.

Attacking midfielders: Chris David is the only real option, though Roberts could play there. We may not even chose to ploy a number 10, but it's still nice to have.

Strikers: We're okay here for sure, McCormack, Rodallega, Woodrow, Taggart, Dembele.

Biggest needs (in order):

- Central midfielder
- Winger
- Centre back

Then if Steks goes, we can bring in a back up keeper, someone like Zuberbuhler and a man of all positions.

mangoputney

Class avatar

CM destroyer and creator

CB cover
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

J.Perkins

Quote from: mangoputney on July 10, 2014, 06:36:12 PM
Class avatar

CM destroyer and creator

CB cover

Cheers, nicked it off twitter

Deanothefulhamfan

Hello and welcome to the board, great first post.....

I went for 3 because I think we are almost there, just replacing the players that now leave.

CM, Winger and CB would be my request.... with a cm  being key

JackyFulham90

I think Stekelenburg,  Richardson, Dejagah, Ruiz, Trotta & Mitroglou will all leave.

We need another right sided CB,  a central midfielder & a winger.

Felix sees the squad maybe he thinks Hyndman,  Ryan & George Williams can fill the gaps. Squad coming together nicely can't wait to see what happens over the next few weeks