more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham's new badge - Rubbish

Started by Pie and mash, July 10, 2014, 07:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pie and mash

Fullofham

Is this real? Looks like a fan-made badge for Football Manager or something.

Pie and mash

Quote from: Fullofham on July 10, 2014, 07:05:36 PM
Is this real? Looks like a fan-made badge for Football Manager or something.

Or those fake badges you used to get on Pro Evo because they didn't have the naming rights

"London East", "Manchester Blue"

K33NY

well..... this.......uhm...... you see........

never mind I cant find anything positive to say about it :P

cmg

....or like loads of crappy badges they've had before:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Ham_United/West_Ham_United.htm

including this from one of their charming supporters groups and travelling social club:

Pluto

Font looks like it was made with Microsoft word art

RaySmith

'I'm forever blowing bubbles
pretty bubbles in the air.
They fly so high , nearly reach the sky,
and just like West Ham they fade and die.'

Adi-ffc

jmh

Quote from: K33NY on July 10, 2014, 07:15:19 PM
well..... this.......uhm...... you see........

never mind I cant find anything positive to say about it :P
I guess the positive thing to say is that it's only a proposed new badge and not actually something they've committed to yet.

TrexFFC

Baszab

They also want to change their name to "West Ham London"
Pretty clever marketing move really as obviously no team has London in their name - compared to PSG/Roma/RMadrid etc etc

LBNo11

Quote from: Adi-ffc on July 10, 2014, 10:12:09 PM
Almost as embarrassing as ours

...precisely, at least it still shows the heritage of the old iron works hammers, and their full, not abbreviated name, and where they're from...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

Quote from: Baszab on July 10, 2014, 10:56:49 PM
They also want to change their name to "West Ham London"
Pretty clever marketing move really as obviously no team has London in their name - compared to PSG/Roma/RMadrid etc etc

Where did you read that? Cannot find a request to change the name to the FA... part from this link https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2014/06/05/no-name-change-for-west-ham-united where the club realeased the following statement ...
"The evening's agenda focused on how the Club could look at better communicating West Ham United's values and how best to recognise and celebrate our history as we move to a new iconic home.This included discussions regarding evolving the Club's crest, an initiative which had been fully endorsed by the SAB at their AGM on the basis that the Club's current crest has not been updated since 1997.The Club were explicit that whilst it is considering an evolution of the crest in close consultation with supporters, contrary to some recent speculation, it is categorically not looking to change the Club name, which will always remain as West Ham United.The Club also made clear that the Board has no plans to make any changes to the crest without the full support of its fans. A detailed presentation followed that illustrated how various aspects of the Club's crest have evolved over time. The SAB were shown a wide variety of potential creative routes to evolve the crest.Following a productive discussion, the SAB was asked whether the Club should continue to explore an evolution of the badge with a view to opening up consultation to the wider supporter base. The group have been asked to feedback by the end of the week. It was agreed that a consultation process with the wider supporter base should follow. This will take place within the next two weeks after due consideration of the SAB members' feedback. whufc.com will provide a further update on the details of the consultation in due course".
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Paul the Jambo

I don't suppose they have Nike making their shirts next season?  They have a track record of pushing clubs to simplify their badge...MUFC, Everton last year.  Apparently, makes it easier for them to produce so they say. 

premFlem

No trip to london will be complete without a trip to west hams olympic stadium. Simply preparing for the tourists.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Travers Barney

I will miss the Black Lion at Plaistow this season but not the trudge back on the district line after our normally fruitless journey.

coyw

We are the whites