watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Besiktas Manager on Mitroglou

Started by PeterFFC, July 10, 2014, 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterFFC

Besiktas manager Slaven Bilic underlined that he hopes Kostas Mitroglou will join before the Black Eagles Champions League campaign kicks off.

"We are going to play Champions League qualifiers very soon," Bilic said when asked by reporters about Mitroglou.

"We need to make transfers as soon as possible, we are in talks with three-four players.

"We are in negotiations and hope to sign them before the playoffs."

The Eagles want to replace Hugo Almeida with Mitroglou and have been in talks with Fulham but unable to agree on his wages.

Besiktas are reported to have signed a pre-agreement with Mitroglou according to Lig Tv however, negotiations are ongoing.

Trabzonspor have also been closely linked with the 26-year-old striker.

Mitroglou still has four-years left on his contract but there have been rumours that he could be on his way out following the Cottagers relegation to the Championship.

The 26-year-old was part of the Greek national side who were eliminated by Costa Rica in the World Cup Round of 16.

Besiktas will travel to England next week to train in Leeds from 13 July to 24 July.

Craven Mad

I wouldn't really say those comments "underlined that he hopes Kostas Mitroglou will join", just that there will be signings - like with every team..

Still, I do expect him to go, but don't find that too disappointing. McCormack and Cauley to lead the line.

davew

075.gif but I would welcome the take away, the whole saga surrounding Kostas has been a shambles and a disgrace to FFC, especially the management!!!!! In over 50 years this has been 1 of the worst episodes in the Club history (while I have been around) including the mystery of who shot JR?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)