watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Alan Hansen

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, July 11, 2014, 10:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Is on BBC 1 ..............anyone watching ???

Fernhurst

YES......................sorry  :dft001:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Pie and mash

Don't mind him, he's far superior to Lawrenson, should've retired a while back though.

Big shortage of decent pundits these days

Bryanthebroom

Turned over as soon as I read it. Not my favourite pundit but sure I'll miss his famous sayings when he's gone

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I enjoyed it .........................I think he is a  thoroughly decent man,   great banter with Dalglish and Souness  

I wish  him the very best for the future

The Bronsons

I'm not a fan. A lot of his "analysis" is just description: "a great through ball by X and Y is there to tap it in". Not a patch on Gary Neville.

Fernhurst

Yeah ...... Enjoyed it.

Being an ancient old geezer, seemed to have watched both his football and punditry careers from the very start.

A few of us on here remember the days when England got behind any representive playing in Europe.

Good luck Alan, won't have much trouble beating Kenny on the golf course on a regular basis.

Absolutely diabolical swing
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cmg

I don't have much time for any pundit, but Hansen was far from being the worst, although he eventually became rather predictable.

As players Hansen and Lawrenson were as fine a pair of centre-backs as I ever saw in the British game.

RaySmith

A great pundit -very professional and one of the best, and a very likeable guy.

I wonder why he is retiring, if he is retiring completely. But was he influenced by the constant criticisms of MOTD, or pushed out?

But maybe he he's just had enough, and feels the time is right. He's probably financially secure, though his career ended before the riches enjoyed by today's players.

filham

Hanson in my book is as good a pundit a he was a player, I always  listened carefully to his comments and analysis which were usually spot on.

BBC MOD will lose a little credibility without him.

Nero

Quote from: RaySmith on July 12, 2014, 08:35:24 AM
A great pundit -very professional and one of the best, and a very likeable guy.

I wonder why he is retiring, if he is retiring completely. But was he influenced by the constant criticisms of MOTD, or pushed out?

But maybe he he's just had enough, and feels the time is right. He's probably financially secure, though his career ended before the riches enjoyed by today's players.

Probably end up at BT sport or Sky Sports 5,

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He said he would not do television again, he appears to be a man of his word.

There is a rumour that he will join little ging and the Scottish National team as defensive coach

callumc513

Quote from: Pie and mash on July 11, 2014, 11:12:21 PM
Don't mind him, he's far superior to Lawrenson, should've retired a while back though.

Big shortage of decent pundits these days

Rio Ferdinand has been excellent to be fair.

God The Mechanic

Ferdinand's problem is how he presents his points.  He knows his stuff, but he really can't state it eloquently.

SimpleTactics

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 12, 2014, 01:41:11 PM
Ferdinand's problem is how he presents his points.  He knows his stuff, but he really can't state it eloquently.

It will also be funny watching him get slaughtered whilst playing for QPR after talking the talk every day on the BBC.