News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal replays (brief) and Magath interview after Motherwell game.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 12, 2014, 11:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fernhurst

Thank you Mac....... Interesting debate going on re our CB's but that 1st goal looked classy from young Budgie.

Not too explicit regarding Hageland's comments which is more to Felix's credit.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Admin

When asked if any more players are coming in, Magath said he was happy, as 3 are returning from the World Cup. Based on them staying, does that mean he's happy with the current squad? I hope it's a bluff, and we do indeed bring in 3-4 more experienced players. At the moment, I can't see us having enough to push for automatic promotion..

Sammyffc

Quote from: Admin on July 12, 2014, 11:34:55 PM
When asked if any more players are coming in, Magath said he was happy, as 3 are returning from the World Cup. Based on them staying, does that mean he's happy with the current squad? I hope it's a bluff, and we do indeed bring in 3-4 more experienced players. At the moment, I can't see us having enough to push for automatic promotion..

pretty sure he says ' I'm happy with the team at the moment but sure there will be 2-3 players we NEED and then we have 4 players coming back from the WC ''

Deanothefulhamfan

The one player I would love us to sign would be Holmes from Derby...

Maybe the cb from sheff utd as well.... We do seem short of wingers, but no wingers from the championship jump out

Black, White and Fred

The squad definitely needs a little padding. I would think at least a CM, LW and either a DM/Enforcer or LW
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

grandad

My final take on Hangeland. Magath dismissed his comments by virtually saying that why did Hangeland not speak up before. Being club captain would have given him every opportunity to speak to Magath & Khan. I think he bottled the challenge as he saw that he would not be an automatic starter with the up and coming youngsters.
Where there's a will there's a wife

AUSFFC

Quote from: grandad on July 13, 2014, 10:36:37 AM
My final take on Hangeland. Magath dismissed his comments by virtually saying that why did Hangeland not speak up before. Being club captain would have given him every opportunity to speak to Magath & Khan. I think he bottled the challenge as he saw that he would not be an automatic starter with the up and coming youngsters.

My thoughts exactly, why not say something before...
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

filham

Thanks for the link, I thought our two goals were OK, good to see defenders on the mark.

Felix's broken English enables him to side step awkward questions in an unusual manner.

Frank

Quote from: grandad on July 13, 2014, 10:36:37 AM
IMO Hangeland was angry because of Felix extra training after the last game of the season. May be he had to postpone his holiday. When he finally went on holiday the club wanted to contact him to ask about his future. As a revenge he did not answer.
The club contacted his agent but again got no clear answer. As a result the club told Hangeland by email that he had to leave.
Both sides don't lie but they also don't tell the hole story.

H4usuallysitting

Many Thanks, enjoyed watching a team that wanted to win, and a goal from a corner  - Hangeland comments also interesting, sounds like Hangeland said nothing while at the club.....now wants a new club and basically saying relegation wasn't his fault - or am I putting two and two together and making seven

Beamer

Shrewd old campaigner FM saw a potential headline maker question and side stepped it nicely. Nice duck Mr Magath, why stir up anything it is all water under the bridge now.

hovewhite

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 13, 2014, 04:31:13 AM
The one player I would love us to sign would be Holmes from Derby...

Maybe the cb from sheff utd as well.... We do seem short of wingers, but no wingers from the championship jump out
The one area we have players coming out of ears is CB, most of them young, really don't need to waste money on that position, Central Midfield position we look light, especially with Parker and Hoogland likely to miss a minimum of 5-6 games each through injury

Jims Dentist

Re wingers from the championship        Chris Burke of Birminham, Scottish caps, would not cost much given Brum's financial plight.