News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham and the passing of time. A philisophical thought.

Started by win-dup, July 13, 2014, 09:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

An amazing thought struck me today. When I first went to Fulham, if I had met someone as old as I am today, he would have been able to recall matches from 1891.

So make the most of every day, don't fear the future and keep a sense of proportion about football.

Lighthouse

A thought struck me. If I had met someone as old as I am today who had been Fulham fan.

They would have told me that life is full of hope dashed, fear fulfilled and that the club will leave a scar that festers and weeps with the puss of empty promise.

On the other hand it would be the highlight of an otherwise empty life.

Waste every day, fear every second, most of it wont be as bad as you fear. Some will be worse. Keep a sense of proportion about life. You have less control over it than you do about Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

That's no control then Lighthouse.

It's an interesting thought about the amount of control in a persons life though. They have control over what decision's they make eg shall I help this old lady or shall I steal her purse, but do they have any control over the decisions presented to them, or what will happen to them if they take one decision or another. The potential outcome could well influence the decision made

Mmm interesting. Oh how I wished I'd studied philosophy
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Andy S

If you want life to be different pick a top team in the Premier to support.

Sorry, No regrets. How can you replace those days by the river. Priceless

Beamer

Being a positive type by nature, having (almost) got over the pain of last year, I now have two things to look forward to with my club.
1. Getting back into the Prem with a younger a more sustainable side.
2. Getting back to Wembley and this time winning.
Not sure if either will happen but ever hopeful - happy days.

Bradstow

Beat you - 1882! And yes, my grandfather was that man!!!!!!
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Lighthouse

But do we have any control at all? Is everything we say and do pre ordained? Or is everything we say or do changing reality and thus we are victims of an ever shifting paradox?

Beamer

Is a dog really man's best friend, the imponderables of life are indeed a mystery.

RaySmith

Yes, a lot of disappointment and pain in a life spent supporting Fulham, but imagine if fate had pre-ordained that you support QPR!

bobby01

Quote from: Berserker on July 13, 2014, 11:38:23 AM

It's an interesting thought about the amount of control in a persons life though. They have control over what decision's they make eg shall I help this old lady or shall I steal her purse, but do they have any control over the decisions presented to them, or what will happen to them if they take one decision or another. The potential outcome could well influence the decision made

It would never cross my mind to steal an old ladies purse, what a strange subliminal thought Beserker, lol
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Lighthouse

Quote from: bobby01 on July 13, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

It would never cross my mind to steal an old ladies purse, what a strange subliminal thought Beserker, lol

You see that old lady over there? In her purse is a small device that she is about to activate. It will mean that the World will became full of people who support QPR. We must take it from her and destroy it. NOW does it cross your mind to take it? Never say never.

Peabody

:Happy New Year 2:
Quote from: Bradstow on July 13, 2014, 12:00:41 PM
Beat you - 1882! And yes, my grandfather was that man!!!!!!

Beat you 1864

jarv

Pre ordained? Or just bloody good luck?

Back in January, visit to UK. Decision with my mate, pub A or pub B? Chose pub A. Met a mate of his and got invitation to a short notice, nothing fancy, house/dinner party (quite chaotic actually but good fun).  Met a lovely girl (woman actually) 20 years younger than me. After much email and phone conversation (sort of a modern day pen pal) I took her to St. malo in France for a few days.

I call the decision to go to pub A that night......BLOODY GOOD LUCK! 092.gif

Highly recommend St. Malo, ferry from Portsmouth.

Back to the football, I think we will do ok this season.

crazycottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2014, 02:18:51 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 13, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

You see that old lady over there? In her purse is a small device that she is about to activate. It will mean that the World will became full of people who support QPR. We must take it from her and destroy it. NOW does it cross your mind to take it? Never say never.

i'd take it in a heartbeat if that were the case