News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did anyone else see Beckham's sons wearing Argentina shirts?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 13, 2014, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

God The Mechanic  - Good debate, not sure I can add any more than I have. We don't agree on many points over this but to say much more would just be repeating ourselves.  065.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 14, 2014, 03:50:15 PM
God The Mechanic  - Good debate, not sure I can add any more than I have. We don't agree on many points over this but to say much more would just be repeating ourselves.  065.gif

Haha, indeed.  Definitely an agree to disagree going on here :P

VicHalomsLovechild

This is getting a bit daft. We should just stick to politics and leave the football alone.

Rupert

Quote from: cmg on July 14, 2014, 10:25:44 AM

Reminds me of the terrible stick I used to get for wearing Coq Sportif boots from people still harbouring ill-feeling over the War of the Spanish Succession.

Oh, that was you, was it? Well, I hope you have changed your ways since then!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

dannyboi-ffc

When I started this post I didnt intend to make it political, nor was it a hate on becks kids. Like I have said previously I probably wouldnt think anything of it seeing a kid in a argentine top in the street. Im not angry, im disappointed with beckham himself.

His kids get everything they want and more, being lucky enough to just click your fingers and get top seats to the world cup final in brazil is an experience not many other english kids would of had. So if suggested that the kids probably wanted to wear them, would it really of affected them if becks had said no. He comes across as a very good dad but with the reputation and heroic status he has sometimes saying no for the sake of respecting your country isnt much to ask.

Some of you have taken this way to far, even rio noticed it and didnt approve. Beckham is an ambassador for england so him and his kids hardly class as being like every other family. It just felt inappropriate.

like ive said before would beckham allow his kids to wear liverpool shirts for a champions league final because of supporting a friend? I very much doubt it. England and argentina have a rivalry, a FOOTBALL rivalry. Previous wars didnt even cross my mind at the time. It was a football issue to me personally
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Nero

Anyway Im thinking of getting my pitch fork and torch and going round Simon Morgans house ex Fulham capt who went to work for the other lot, whos with me. Then afterwards we can pop round to Ivors house

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Nero on July 14, 2014, 04:31:40 PM
Anyway Im thinking of getting my pitch fork and torch and going round Simon Morgans house ex Fulham capt who went to work for the other lot, whos with me. Then afterwards we can pop round to Ivors house

I think your taking this the wrong way. Also if it wasnt a big deal why did every newspaper have pictures of it today. Not all of them criticised it but they all picked up on it. We cant all agree on everything so lets just agree to disagree

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 14, 2014, 04:29:02 PM
When I started this post I didnt intend to make it political, nor was it a hate on becks kids. Like I have said ......

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Just Becks ............

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: KCat on July 14, 2014, 05:06:15 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 14, 2014, 04:29:02 PM
When I started this post I didnt intend to make it political, nor was it a hate on becks kids. Like I have said ......

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Just Becks ............

I wish I could share your joke but I have no idea why your laughing or what the just becks...... means? Please enlighten me, I could do with a laugh

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

blingo

I guess since I am in the process of making a permanent move to New York, I belong here.

Was born in London, in a part called Islington (Major Arsenal territory). My father was born and bred in SW6 and was Fulham through and through, as was his dad. The rest of the family all Arsenal except one uncle who always was Fulham. As a kid we moved back to SW6 and Fulham (Bloom Park Rd). My dad died when I was young, but not before he took me to Wembley in 1975. My mom then moved back to Islington but my uncle took up where my father left and made sure I stayed Fulham and would take me to the Cottage on a regular basis. As I grew up, joined the Royal Navy, fought in the Falklands, came back barely in one piece but alive, graduated from university, started my own business, did decent I guess, and even opened a US office in New York.

Anyway, have spent more time in New York the last 6 months than anywhere else and have decided to become a yank I guess. The other big reason is my girlfriend is a native New Yorker.

I have been treated extremely well here in New York and by the Americans, and it is very hard not to like what I see. So to all the yanks out there, thank you!! COYW!!!!!

blingo

That is Finster. A true friend and FFC supporter. He died and has his own title on here in his memory I have nothing else to add, apart from asking the mods to lock this now if they really respected this man.

Martinsback

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 14, 2014, 04:52:57 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 14, 2014, 04:31:40 PM

I think your taking this the wrong way. Also if it wasnt a big deal why did every newspaper have pictures of it today. Not all of them criticised it but they all picked up on it. We cant all agree on everything so lets just agree to disagree

The papers will do anything to fill their pages excluding of course all the real news going on in the world which would just disillusion their readers and make them depressed.

Burt

Well if nothing else this thread proves that we are all individuals. Vive la difference, as they say in France (if I am permitted to mention a country that we have been at war with hundreds of years ago).

Anyhow, as this thread has been nudging the boundaries of our "no politics" rule in our guidelines for posting and entering increasingly in to contentious waters, I have decided to lock it.

Call me a killjoy if you must, but I don't mind. It is my middle name, after all  :dft011: