News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Did anyone else see Beckham's sons wearing Argentina shirts?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 13, 2014, 10:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Am I being petty for being a bit annoyed at this. Beckham knows that at some point the cameras were going to spot him in the ground with his kids, surely he should know better than to let his kids wear the shirt of a country england dislikes for so many reasons. Why did they need to wear either given who they both were, as an english icon he should of known better in my opinion but maybe im being silly.

By the way I love beckham and I think thats what made it more disappointing
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

CincyFulham1

Off the pitch Beckham isn't the sharpest pencil in the box.  Posh probably kitted them out in those shirts as a fashion choice.

aaronmcguigan

Why go half way around the world and be a neutral? Its part of the occasion! They can wear whatever they want

epsomraver

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on July 13, 2014, 11:05:07 PM
Why go half way around the world and be a neutral? Its part of the occasion! They can wear whatever they want

No they cannot!

God The Mechanic

I don't dislike the Argentine or German national teams - maybe they feel the same way...

Blanco

Rio was funny when he noticed.

epsomraver

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on July 13, 2014, 11:08:22 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 13, 2014, 11:06:13 PM

No they cannot!

Says who? Their parents?

Their parents don't have a spare brain cell between them. one of the kids should be named stairwell!

dannyboi-ffc

They can wear a dutch shirt or a brazilian shirt but englands bitterness to both germany and argentina is known worldwide. Because of who beckham is I disagree his kids can wear what they want and if becks had any brains he wouldnt of allowed it.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Admin

Me, personally, I'm English, so I'd attend the game as a neutral, but I wouldn't encourage my kids to wear a shirt of another country. Just my preference.  

Nero

he said in an interview that he would be supporting Argentina as he had played wth some of there players so was probably friends with them, if its ok to support your friends or is he not aloud to have friends from Argentina, Come to think of it we don't like them Germans either what were the tv companies thinking putting them 2 teams on my telly

God The Mechanic

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 13, 2014, 11:12:01 PM

They can wear a dutch shirt or a brazilian shirt but englands bitterness to both germany and argentina is known worldwide. Because of who beckham is I disagree his kids can wear what they want and if becks had any brains he wouldnt of allowed it.

That's... incredibly sensitive.  They're kids, maybe they've become friends with players on the Argentine or German national teams so they're supporting THEM.  You have absolutely no right to tell anyone what they can or cannot wear.

BedsFFC

Dad...Dad...Dad...I want to wear an Argentina shirt.

But son, that goes against all the political views of English people going back to the war in Falklands. Our men fought in.."Dad, I like the colours and Messi plays for them".

At this point, every bloke that loves his son, buys an argentina shirt, so his son is happy...because when you have kids..that is all that is important.

"But dad, this man on a fulham forum says you are stupid....."

cottage cheese

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 13, 2014, 10:54:00 PM
Am I being petty for being a bit annoyed at this. Beckham knows that at some point the cameras were going to spot him in the ground with his kids, surely he should know better than to let his kids wear the shirt of a country england dislikes for so many reasons. Why did they need to wear either given who they both were, as an english icon he should of known better in my opinion but maybe im being silly.

By the way I love beckham and I think thats what made it more disappointing

They can wear what they want. It's pretty sad that you take offence to a child wearing a teams shirt he probably wants to win. I'm Polish and wore a German shirt today as I wanted them to win... Does that annoy you?  

I think it's very narrow minded that some people think it's an issue. Also just for the record why do you dislike Argentina? (If it's got anything to do with France 98,we're beckham was in the wrong anyway) I worry

PeterFFC

Stupid, they can wear what they want, and just because some people dislike a country doesn't mean we all have to.

Nero

isn't there a rule on this forum about political stuff

ron

Perhaps the idea of sport is to repair some of the hatred and vengeance that politicians and dictators like to sow in the human race....?

cottage cheese

Quote from: Nero on July 13, 2014, 11:30:53 PM
isn't there a rule on this forum about political stuff

There is but I think the offence is that the original post was talking about the bitterness of the two football teams... Which I have no idea why and quite sad.

mungos beans

Wow real idiots on here tonight the boys can  wear what  they wamt when they want.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 13, 2014, 11:27:33 PM
Dad...Dad...Dad...I want to wear an Argentina shirt.

But son, that goes against all the political views of English people going back to the war in Falklands. Our men fought in.."Dad, I like the colours and Messi plays for them".

At this point, every bloke that loves his son, buys an argentina shirt, so his son is happy...because when you have kids..that is all that is important.

"But dad, this man on a fulham forum says you are stupid....."
...because when you have kids..that is all that is important.
Rubbish. A proper Father does not simply bend over and give his kids everything they want, that is why we have so many spoilt brats running about! Discipline, that's the answer, strict discipline, along with the treat of punishment for any questioning of your authority.  Get a grip :(    Suarez' Dad had a "do what you want my little angel" attitude and look what his kid turned out like!  My God, people like you...... GRRR!  092.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"