watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Genuine Excitment

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 14, 2014, 04:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

I don't know about you all, but I am so incredibly excited for this new season to commence. If we bring in 2-3 more players as Magath said we should, while retaining what we have, we are in a league and may have a team that can win it all!!! COYW there is life by the Thames again!  :Happy New Year 2:
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

bmasar

Me too. It's exciting to be in a league we have a real chance of winning.

I'd rather us still be in the PL, but a championship run would be a welcome change.

crazycottager

spot on Maoc, keep that optimism going. COYW!

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

PaulUMD

It'll be good to recycle Fulham into a club with young, exciting players instead of a team full of pensioners!  We had a good run and instead of fighting for top half of the table, we have a chance to play to win the league.  It will be exciting!  Just a shame us in the States won't be able to watch on TV!

westcliff white

My feelings are more of trepidation, the championship is an unknown for us where teams, good teams, like forest, reading, Wigan have experience there. They have players who have played and done it in the division. At this moment we don't, we have on appear a good squad, so hopefully it will cope.
Every day is a Fulham day

Nero

And we have a german coach they won the world cup we're ahead of the game there. Everyone else were looking at the Spanish

AUSFFC

Im so excited, just got the new strip cant wait!!! COYW!!!

I am also upset there will be no coverage in Australia :( but I will have to find a way to stream it...
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on July 14, 2014, 06:12:18 AM
My feelings are more of trepidation, the championship is an unknown for us where teams, good teams, like forest, reading, Wigan have experience there. They have players who have played and done it in the division. At this moment we don't, we have on appear a good squad, so hopefully it will cope.

So right, we have almost a new team made up of some promising youngsters and other players that are unknown to us all who have to be moulded into a team to compete in a tough league by a manager with no experience of that league and very limited experience of English football.

The going could be tough, we should not expect too much on the basis of one headline signing.

PokerMatt

Quote from: filham on July 14, 2014, 10:16:13 AM

So right, we have almost a new team made up of some promising youngsters and other players that are unknown to us all who have to be moulded into a team to compete in a tough league by a manager with no experience of that league and very limited experience of English football.

The going could be tough, we should not expect too much on the basis of one headline signing.

That's the spirit.  :Happy New Year 2:
Follow me: @mattdjourno

filham

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 14, 2014, 10:19:55 AM

A couple of early convincing performances and the spirit will be flooding all around.

At this moment memories of last season need erasing and the wholesale change of players alone cannot achieve this, especially as one or two of the players that have left , or may yet leave, will be difficult to replace.

westcliff white

PM I am an optimist but it is a big turn over which worries me. I am not a big fan of FM but will trust him to get them together and push us into the play offs or maybe a little higher, but I don't think anyone can blame a little fear or worry at this stage.
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Add three more first team starters. Have a good start and some good performances. Then even the most jaded of us will jump on board the happy vision many believe in.

After the last few seasons when some saw the slow decline, it is hard to trust the club again. But it will not take much to bring many around again. While the doubts may linger, there is always hope in a new start.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I'm so excited I've taken a week off work, bought plane tickets and I'm going to fly over for the first home game of the season, COYW.

Pie and mash

Going to be very dependent on who comes and goes between now and September.

Real fear we'll ship out the old pros and sell off the Premier League quality players leaving a threadbare squad.

PokerMatt

Quote from: westcliff white on July 14, 2014, 10:51:57 AM

PM I am an optimist but it is a big turn over which worries me. I am not a big fan of FM but will trust him to get them together and push us into the play offs or maybe a little higher, but I don't think anyone can blame a little fear or worry at this stage.

Usually a turnover would be worrying, but in this case can you argue that it's necessary?

I for one am glad to see the back of the vast majority of the rabble of last season. With plenty of young signings and lots of academy players in the early friendlies the plan looks to be clear. And that plan is exciting for me.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Pie and mash on July 14, 2014, 03:16:50 PM
Going to be very dependent on who comes and goes between now and September.

Real fear we'll ship out the old pros and sell off the Premier League quality players leaving a threadbare squad.

Remember our old pros and PL quality players finished 19th.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

One thing I will say as a doubter of Magarth is that I'm 'well pleased' at the attacking style he seems to favour.  So far 3 defenders have scored in 3 friendlies.
Let's hope he can mix that with the need to defend and 'grind it out' when necesssary.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

No team expects to get relegated so this is an optimistic time for all supporters including QPR in the league above. for once we can watch the premiership Drop Zone  and it won't affect us from Day one. Hopefully we will be challenging for one of those vacant positions as well which will make all the difference.

hovewhite

I'm glad to see the clearout of players that were way past there peaks on ability and also showed they had lost the passion for playing.so thank good for younger hungrier players and I can't wait!