more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - will you watch Match of the Day

Started by WhiteJC, July 14, 2014, 01:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: Martinsback on July 14, 2014, 06:37:59 PM
Like others on here I didn't watch MOTD if we list, so hardly watched it lays season. Always stayed up for the Football league show and love the voice off Clem off the radio so hopefully he will do a couple of pieces on us.

But wasn't the reason you felt you could always enjoy the Football League Show the fact that our latest defeat wouldn't be mentioned? Now, presumably, if we've had a poor result, the FLS will have no more attraction than MOTD had last season. Conversely, won't MOTD seem more appealing again, now that the games have no bearing on us?

This is how it is for me, anyhow.

Berserker

Yes Arthur my thoughts exactly
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Pie and mash

Like others on here I didn't watch MOTD if we list, so hardly watched it lays season. Always stayed up for the Football league show and love the voice off Clem off the radio so hopefully he will do a couple of pieces on us.

Is he the overly camp bald geezer on there?

Sheepskin Junior

Now that Alan Hansen has gone, the panel should at least be half-decent. And Papa Smurf has started to get more work with them. Plus, we can't just ignore the PL because we're not in it. Have to size up our opposition for next season
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

mullers

For me, MOTD reflected how stale the Premier League had become for those outside the top seven. In our first season Ipswich finished 5th, and it felt like anything was possible, but the money from Europe separated the top four until City's money changed that. Even arsenal settled for FIFA's payout in the end. It's fine hoping for 12th, and tenth place being special, but even that shows how ambitions of clubs are changing. This year, we have a genuine chance of winning the league we are in and that's important, at least in the short term.

Thamesbank

occasionally I guess if nothing else is on.

bucksfulham

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 14, 2014, 05:29:25 PM
Only taped it the last few years using the fast forward to watch the few Fulham minutes and occasionally some of the big games. Probably won't bother as I'll just tape the championship on MOTD  to watch all the goals we will be scoring still I'll only need to set it to tape the first 15 minutes as will be first up as run away leaders and top goal scorers. 049:gif
:plus one: