watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged - Aaron Hughes signs for Brighton

Started by Admin, July 14, 2014, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Brighton & Hove Albion have signed former Newcastle, Aston Villa and Fulham defender Aaron Hughes following his departure from QPR.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28301422

The 34-year-old has signed a one-year deal with the Championship club and becomes Sami Hyypia's first signing following his appointment as manager.

Hughes joined QPR in January and made 11 appearances for the R's.

"We wanted to bring another experienced defender and Aaron fits the bill," Hyypia told the club website.

Hughes, who has won 90 international caps for Northern Ireland, began his career at Newcastle and made his first-team debut in 1997.

He joined Aston Villa in 2005 and then moved on to Fulham two years later. Hughes has made a total of 466 league appearances during the course of his career.

Craven Mad

It'll be strange seeing him play against us. Not sure I like it..

Still, I'm pleased for him. No doubt he can still cut it at this level. QPR mate really rated him in his few games for them.

Skatzoffc

He'll get a good reception from me.
Worked hard for this club.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

grandad

Was part of a great Fulham centre partnership but I am afraid McCormack & Woodrow will run rings round him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RidgeRider

Do you all remember back when we were rumored to be in for Hyppia?

WhiteJC

good luck to Aaron, except for a couple of games  :54:

Fulham 442

The Swan

Aaron Hughes has signed a one year contract for Brighton. It will be good to see Aaron back at the Cottage even if it is just for one game.
Good luck Aaron except when Fulham play Brighton home and away.
The Swan

dannyboi-ffc

Good luck to him, I think this might be his last year. He seems to have deteriorated alot in the last 18 months. Think brightons a good fit for him now. Im suprised bobby isnt going back there too, it seemed the right time to go back
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Lighthouse

A quality defender in his day. All the best to him at a lovely club on the up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pie and mash

Think we got the best years out of him.

Can't see Hyppia lasting the season at B&HA

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

The absolute very best of luck to Aaron Hughes. Despite spending his first two seasons and last season as the target of serious abuse on here at other Fulham sites, he always turned in a good shift for us and was -- according to several posters on here that I really respect -- the man that made Brede Hangeland the defensive giant he was.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

Hughes didn't get a bad word from me, Ok I felt his standard dropped and he was maybe not premiership quality when he left us, but in the years before he was a top profesisonal. made the hard things look so easy, and he was the biggest unsung hero of the Europa league run.

I wish him all the best, I hope he gets to play against Fulham as he will get a deserved standing ovation from the Fulham faithful.

RaySmith

I wish him all the very best - and remember him as a  crucial part of one of Fulham's most successful ever squads.

Rudolph

Well there are 6 points on the board for our promotion push.

Good in his day, but woeful at the end.

SKSW6

Glad we get to say bye to him. He'll get a brilliant reception from us if he plays.

filham

A great player for us and with Hangeland formed such a good pair of central defenders, possibly our best ever.

We have yet to replace him, lets hope those ready to take his place can approach the standards he has left behind.

If he plays at the Cottage again we must give him a big welcome.

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on July 15, 2014, 03:51:49 AM
The absolute very best of luck to Aaron Hughes. Despite spending his first two seasons and last season as the target of serious abuse on here at other Fulham sites, he always turned in a good shift for us and was -- according to several posters on here that I really respect -- the man that made Brede Hangeland the defensive giant he was.

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg