watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Give me a quick update on all things Fulham

Started by love4ffc, July 15, 2014, 04:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Ok I took a couple weeks of from all electronics.  This was to satisfy my wife and family who thought I had gone off the deep end after the US lost in the WC.  I knew they were not going to win the WC yet I thought they would get past Belgium. 

So I am requesting a short synopsis to bring me up to date on all things Fulham and FOF.  How did we play in our friendlies?  What formations did we use and were they successful.  Do you (we) still have faith in the new team, signings and Felix?   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Deanothefulhamfan

Welcome back :)

Fulham have signed a few decent players, (our LB looks like a real good capture, in a position we so desperately needed )

Against Motherwell we had a really exciting team, and completely dominated the match, these are the second best team in Scotland, so that bodes well...

Think Magath is tinkering with his formations, but he seem's to be starting each game with 4-4-2

Very optimistic about the team this season, full of young exciting players with bags of pace and potential.... Decent signings, and I am hoping FM makes me eat my words as I am not his biggest fan, but I fully expect him to in truth.

love4ffc

In an email I got we played behind closed door against Rangers and the game did not go well for us.  Why was the game behind closed doors and what was the final score? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Deanothefulhamfan

We lost 4-2, which was a dissapointing result in hindsight, as they are not even a premier league team, but as another poster mentioned in another thread take the result with a pinch of salt..... it was a very mixed team, our team against Motherwell looked more established.

I think we will start to get a feel for our starting 11 with each game now, I think Hutchingson is our first choice CB

RaySmith

Quote from: love4ffc on July 15, 2014, 06:13:08 AM
In an email I got we played behind closed door against Rangers and the game did not go well for us.  Why was the game behind closed doors and what was the final score? 

Possibly because this, though only a friendly, would likely have been a high level fixture for Rangers' fans if an 'official' ticketed game - against an English team just out of the Prem - with all the associated security etc, and making it behind closed doors, with little publicity, kept it very low key - which I'm sure suited Fulham.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: RaySmith on July 15, 2014, 06:41:25 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on July 15, 2014, 06:13:08 AM
The 1st half had a reasonable but young 11 out which ended 2-2. the 2nd half we had 3 triallist out there(none of whom appears have impressed as only one gas been given another shot) also switched the other 8 players as well so very disjointed team in the 2nd half. Not really anything you can take from that the game.

Possibly because this, though only a friendly, would likely have been a high level fixture for Rangers' fans if an 'official' ticketed game - against an English team just out of the Prem - with all the associated security etc, and making it behind closed doors, with little publicity, kept it very low key - which I'm sure suited Fulham.