watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack - sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders

Started by sunburywhite, July 15, 2014, 08:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Everything I have seen so far where he has been quoted makes him sound like he is very sensible and level headed. Almost a McBride type character

Would make a very good skipper

No flash arrogance about him.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Deanothefulhamfan

I have to agree....

Whilst I was disappointed we didn't get Rhodes initially, I am really warming to Mccormack, and as you point out he is sensible and level headed, and boy do we need experienced heads around such a young side for next season.

Buffalo76

Anyone who joins us clearly has a good head on their shoulders! 049:gif

filham

Parker seems destined to be captain but he is unlikely to play 46 games a season so a vice captain is needed, perhaps McCormack could fill this role.

FPT

I think McCormack will offer us more than just goals. As you say, he seems to have a natural leadership about him; I mean, he captained us in the second half against Motherwell!

His style is reminiscent of a Wayne Rooney, he can drop off and collect the ball, ping it wide and work in and around the area, rather just inside the box like a Jordan Rhodes.

Great signing, and I'm looking forward to seeing him over the course of 14/15.

jmh

Have to agree that he comes across very well in interviews.

Craven Mad

Anyone else notice that the photo used of him on the squad page of the Offal is of him in our kit with a Captain's badge front and centre?

Could be nothing, but why not wildly speculate instead?!

N_O_W_S

I think Ruiz can lead a team as well. Did a decent job at the World Cup.

I would probably have Parker with two or three older players sharing the role when he comes off after 60 each week.

I would choose Ruiz, McCormack and probably Stockdale although I am not a fan of the Captain being between the sticks and not amongst the outfield.

Woolly Mammoth

Ross uses Head & Shoulders Shampoo, which explains everything.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.