watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dejagah Bid Received

Started by Admin, July 15, 2014, 01:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Would be a shame to lose him - Ashkan would tear the Championship apart based on his performances in the second half of last season and during the World Cup. However, if we do lose him then 5 million is not a bad payment for him, and we could use it to find another player we need. It would be more beneficial probably though to keep Dejagah if we could.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

PokerMatt

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 15, 2014, 01:49:21 PM
I read somewhere earlier last month that theres an agreement between dejagah and fulham that he will stay unless a club comes in with an offer acceptable to fulham. then he will be off if he wishes.
So basically he will stay, and is in fact happy to stay, unless we get enough money.

Isn't that called a contract?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

JackyFulham90

I think he is worth a little more than that I hope we keep him but if we get an offer of £7m for Dejagah we should accept it

FPT

Quote from: twang on July 15, 2014, 02:32:13 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2014, 02:16:07 PM
Like Richardson, Dejagah will have to be replaced by a player from outside the club as we just don't have the quality there.

Unless Magath aims to play a winger-less formation of course, and would be happy to have Kaca, Williams x2 and Mesca as impact players if wide players would be needed.

Exactly my thought, if we play a 532, we don't need wingers; but we've a group of young wide players to be able to be flexible and turn into a 442 or 433. Though if we want to start with a 442, then we'd need another wideman.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 15, 2014, 02:44:21 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 15, 2014, 01:49:21 PM
I read somewhere earlier last month that theres an agreement between dejagah and fulham that he will stay unless a club comes in with an offer acceptable to fulham. then he will be off if he wishes.
So basically he will stay, and is in fact happy to stay, unless we get enough money.

Isn't that called a contract?
that doesnt really exist anymore does it.

alfie

Really if the player WANTS to go and we get a suitable offer then let him go, I would rather have a less well known player who wants to play for Fulham rather than a known player that does'nt.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Forever Fulham

Sure, it sounds like a lot of money, that offer.  It is a lot of money.  But it's nothing in comparison to the greater cost to the club if it fails to quickly get back to the EPL.  We need players who can play at the EPL level -- even if only lower half table quality -- to ensure we get back up, and quickly.  If the club pinches its coins now for a short term pay day, and then plans on turning around and buying more promising children with no experience against top level competition, that won't get it done.

Baszab

sale already in the budget to recoup the McCormack dosh

Humbled

Good bid I feel.
Wouldn't mind either way.
If he stays then good if he goes, we have got a decent wedge for him if correct figure.

He seemed to do well when coming off the bench not so great actually from the start and trying to stay relevant in the game.

Max Headroom

I hope he stays.... If he doesn't then Roberts becomes first choice right wing...

Lighthouse

Quote from: FPT on July 15, 2014, 02:46:54 PM
Quote from: twang on July 15, 2014, 02:32:13 PM
Like Richardson, Dejagah will have to be replaced by a player from outside the club as we just don't have the quality there.

Unless Magath aims to play a winger-less formation of course, and would be happy to have Kaca, Williams x2 and Mesca as impact players if wide players would be needed.

Exactly my thought, if we play a 532, we don't need wingers; but we've a group of young wide players to be able to be flexible and turn into a 442 or 433. Though if we want to start with a 442, then we'd need another wideman.

Interesting idea, hence our attacking wing backs. We will see.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pie and mash

£8M or they can go away  :031:

YoungsBitter

Magath's preference last season was to have Dejegah as impact sub, partly due to fitness/health issues and partly for his speed against tiring defence. I cant see him spending the wages and/or forgoing a reasonable transfer fee to do that again, ie its a luxury. So either he is starting winger which suits him and the club or he is gone. However agree with everyone else that he has the talent to attract someone better than a Qatari club, plus he was raised in Germany so I think he would miss the western lifetsyle.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Apprentice to the Maestro

According to the match appearances information on the club web site Ashkan only played for 90 minutes 7 times last season, whether due to injury or selection. Unless he is fully fit and Magath wants to play him regularly then £5m looks a fair offer, at least for an opening bid.

So you are not prepared to risk Williams or Roberts or don't think they have quality?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 15, 2014, 05:42:25 PM

So you are not prepared to risk Williams or Roberts or don't think they have quality?

No not for a whole season. I think it would be unfair to expect them to step up for the Championship and rely on them. By all means use them but not as starters. Not if we are serious about promotion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jims Dentist

Chris Burke from Birmingham. Wide right MF or attacking MF.Has been a very good player in the championship and would not cost that much.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 15, 2014, 05:53:20 PM
Chris Burke from Birmingham. Wide right MF or attacking MF.Has been a very good player in the championship and would not cost that much.
I would take George Williams over Burke everyday of the week. If you need a back up for George then I would dip down to the youngsters again and take O'Halloran, very similar pacy but is a better defensive player, tackles like a full back. I'm really surprised that he has not been involved in either the 1st team or the U21's so far, maybe he has an injury.

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2014, 05:44:53 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 15, 2014, 05:42:25 PM

No not for a whole season. I think it would be unfair to expect them to step up for the Championship and rely on them. By all means use them but not as starters. Not if we are serious about promotion.

But bringing in `quality' experienced players for one or two seasons while Williams and Roberts develop fully might blow the fees we received for Richardson and Dejagah and block their paths.

Granted I would be much happier rotating Williams and Roberts with others of our upcoming squad if I felt more confident of our central midfield.

YankeeJim

This may be a type of move that is similar to Dempsey. Closer to home, nice payday and he's 28. His game relies on speed and that is the first thing to go. Maybe this is what he feels is best for him.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.